It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the 'BLOB' off America's west coast - weather changing event...?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
My money is on under water geothermal activity like undersea volcanoes is making that one spot warm:

Here is the underwater area of where The Blob is, quite a few sea mounts:

If you zoom in, areas with more detailed sonar mapping, we see quite a few craters:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
plastic in the ocean is defenantly messing things up. There's already garbage islands forming lol.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Oh the blob. It's my mothership on standby. It's parked just outside on the ocean for quick pickup-take off incase plan A fails and plan B becomes the primary option.

Just witnessing the collapse of social order and enjoying the Vidyas cuz once the invasion is kicked off there won't be any more of you blabing on the internet or T.V, Releasing games and movies spreading propaganda for your own self interest ect. Not specifically ATS members im referring to society in general.

Nah i donno what it is. Probably some underwater volcanos that recently became active since well this is a relatively new phenomenon.

Or that cloaked mothership giving off infrared heat.
Running on standby lol.

edit on am4u3015Wed, 22 Apr 2015 08:29:26 -0500 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
I was reading a good thread over at WUWT on the subject . It is a strange thing and it's hard to say why it actually happens .It's only in modern times with the different means to measure such a thing that we know about it .It could be where the missing heat is but why there ?

Guest Post by Bob Tisdale

This post provides an update of the unusual warming event in the sea surfaces of the eastern extratropical North Pacific…what is now regularly called “The Blob”. It does not appear to be ready to depart anytime soon. See the sea surface temperature anomaly map in Figure 1 for the location of The Blob
wattsupwiththat.com...

Ok that article helped me out a lot.. No one really seems sure why it's there, but maybe the most important thing I took from that Long article I'm not all the way through yet???

The Blob of Warm surface water temperatures.. It started west of where it is and traveled east... So I doubt it has anything to do with local underwater heating sources..

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

If it was undersea volcanoes, it would be relatively easy to find out, undersea volcanoes make a lot of noise, both in terms of sound and movement.

As there seems to be no indication of that noise, i doubt, plus it doesn't take a few vents to heat an ocean, which is evident from other volcanic rifts in the worlds oceans that are constantly active.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

It's really hard to say they why of it .There is discussion in the comment section about this thing first being recognized due to the equipment to do so in recent times and that combining other measurements of the past may suggest that the same thing may have been going on but no one seen it dew to the lack of coverage .

Some are seeing the possibility of a cooling trend on it's way because of past anomalies associated with this blob that showed up in the past records that was followed by cooling trends .

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

The problem with your hypothesis is that the blob seems to have migrated to that point from both the east and the south to converge there .In the previous link I provided it has a animation showing how the bolb got there .There are a few graphs and the animation is down in the link . wattsupwiththat.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Isn't that what El Nino is? A blob of warmer water in the Pacific? Yes it does effect weather systems. In particular the Atlantic tropical season.

www.elnino.noaa.gov...

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Dew? Is that like a weather joke?
Or did you mean due.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

simple brain fart :>)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I'll bet that's the feature that NOAA has been trying to call an El Nino for almost two years now. If you look at WUWT's El Nino/La Nina gauge down the side of their page, it's been persistently warm, but never up into actual El Nino territory for a long time now.

I wonder ... if they had been able to measure the sea and atmosphere during the mega droughts of the past, would there also have been a blob? I know they say it's unprecedented, but they are talking about modern times when we've been able to measure. The droughts I'm talking about happened in the Mesoamerican past.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
All I know is that Southeast Alaska had an awesome winter with temps in the 50's...

I'm jealous.

It will also be interesting to see what this does to the fishing industry this year up there.
Warmer water is not good for salmon.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

Maybe the ocean floor has heated up a bit?.
Great find dude.

Not sure how that slipped my mind.
Any known volcanic activity?

I was looking at this link to NOAA NODC (National Oceanographic Data Center

There does seem to be a patch of much warmer water.. I wish there were way more measuring stations.. I can't tell with just the few they have what's going on.. Still looking for more info

How interesting, the are is the same general area that the "Blob" here showed up. The unknown substance. Maybe that also could relate to volcanic activity. For years Southern Ca and San Francisco area have been getting reports of sulphur smell coming off of the water.

"We have not seen this type of substance before, though preliminary tests have shown it is not petroleum-based,"

io9.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Not sure what this will do for Alaska fishing, but here in Washington state the recreational Chinook Salmon (King Salmon) season has been cancelled altogether for 2015... well, unless you are Native American. Which is leading some people to accuse the government of caving to the tribes, but there's no denying that we Washingtonians have had a very warm winter... and I say that as an AGW skeptic.

Edited to add a link:
www.king5.com...

edit on 22-4-2015 by tallcool1 because: forgot link

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tallcool1

Warm water in general is less productive. So long as the water off the coast stays warmer, I would expect the coastal eco-systems to be a lot less productive at all levels. This ties in with the starving sea lions and sea urchin/sea star die offs, too.

Look at the docs and the real productive areas of ocean are where the cold water wells up and the waters mix. This warm blob would indicate very little mixing. So you have a drought and desert on land AND in the sea for the time being.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Absolutely correct. I wasn't trying to debate that - maybe I was unclear. I've lived by here all my life and I know warm water = bad fishing. I was more or less confirming to Darkblade that the warm water affects the fishing industry negatively.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

Fascinating article, I read each word and have to say that what I had intended to bring to this discussion was how after we saw an increase in jelly fish off the coast of California several years ago, we also began to witness several species in peril and even dangerous and unexplainable die offs.

Invasion of the Jellyfish

www.independent.com...
edit on pm430pmWed, 22 Apr 2015 16:30:33 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: tallcool1

Nah, I wasn't debating you, just pointing out that it all fits. The blob explains things that have been blamed on Fukushima - the die offs and stuff.

No doubt Fukushima isn't good, but I don't think it caused this blob. There is something else causing that.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Agreed!

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Wow. That thing is almost due west of me. That explains ALOT. Up here in the Pac Northwest, where winters are normally soggy, cold, and depressing, we have had a winter that resembles spring in California. In January, we had over a week of sunny, dry weather, and it even got into the high 60's once.

This is troubling to us, given what is going on down in California. Though drought tends to be a common thing in Cali, it is pretty rare up here. They are keeping an eye on it here, given our unusually dry winter and lower than normal snow pack in the mountains.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join