It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Trouble in Little China

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I watched this movie last night. It has to be the hundredth time I've watched it and I still like it. That says a lot. Yes, parts of it are cheesy and it is a B-movie but I think that just adds to its charm.

Released in 1986, this movie is about a truck driver named Jack Burton (played by Kurt Russel) who gets dragged into a centuries old mystical battle in China Town when he helps a friend to pick up his fiancee from the airport-only to find that she has been kidnapped by a Chinese street gang. What follows is a hair raising adventure while they try to get her back.

More on the movie: Big Trouble in Little China

Here's the movie so you can watch it. Enjoy!

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

One of my top 10.

"When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

That's great. There is a lot of good dialogue like that in the movie. It's part of why I like it.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I have seen this movie at least 5 times over the years...Kurt Russell and Kim Cattrall are really good in it; I hope many watch it ...it is very entertaining.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Own it and love it, I will dust of the DVD later and enjoy and old favorite.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Not seen it in years and cheers for finding it
Gonna watc The Following now and this after that.
Eeee by gum looking forward to it now

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I loved this movie when I was younger. Haven't seen it in well over a decade though. Now I want to see if I can find it online.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
OMG THIS IS MY FAVORITE ALL TIME MOVIE!!!!!

I once got banned from a video rental store for renting it too much. Serious respect to your taste in films OP!!!!!! Best quotes in that film. Glad that it's on Youtube as I've looked for it there and couldn't find it. SO THANK YOU for posting that.

The directors commentary is awesome. It's just John Carpenter and Kurt cracking jokes and laughing at the movie the whole time.

Lo Pan: And when I find her, I will marry her...

Wang Chi: Never!

Lo Pan: Ching Dai will be appeased, my curse will be lifted!

Jack Burton: And you can go on to rule the universe from beyond the grave.

Lo Pan: Indeed!

Jack Burton: Or check into a psycho ward, whichever comes first, right?

Wang Chi: Jack, will you...?

Jack Burton: "Jack" what? I'm supposed to buy this #? 2000 years, he can't find one broad to fit the bill? Come on, Dave, you must be doing something seriously wrong!

Lo Pan: There have been others, to be sure. There are always others. But you know, Mr. Burton, the difficulties between men and women. How seldom it works out? Yet we all keep trying, like fools.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

Dude the OP has the full movie in the OP.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Completely over the top but totally great, two beutiful actress and a great lead guy, plenty of slap stick humor, one line joke's and great action scene's mixed with a heavy dose of fantasy magic and mayhem.
I think it is one of the under rated great's and there has to be a hell of a gag reel somewhere out there.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

It had excellent critic reviews when it came out but ultimately flopped in the theatres because Aliens came out like 2 weeks later and ruined it for pretty much every other film that summer blockbuster wise.

Asian community did try to sue the producers but it got thrown out, they were saying the movie was racist and offensive to Asians.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Literally in my top 5 best movies of all time. Saw it as a kid, still love it today.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Very deep movie about hieros gamos, quaternity style. And trouble. Big trouble.

👣

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Very deep movie about hieros gamos, quaternity style. And trouble. Big trouble.

👣

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
Sounds like a movie night. Have fun.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Those are some of my favorite quotes. I'm glad I made somebody happy today. Have fun.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

It looks like they had a lot of fun making it. Sometimes you can just tell. If there is a gag reel I'd love to see it.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I wasn't expecting so many comments on this one. I hope you all enjoy the movie.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Dude the OP has the full movie in the OP.

I meant for download. I'm guessing YouTube has stuck like 10 ads in the run time.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I'm halfway through, no ads.

Big trouble though.

👣

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join