It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama KNEW All Along Netanyahu Was Right About Iran

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Sremmos80

Hi Sremmos.
Please first read the article, then comment.
Here, let me help...

Here is the puzzling thing: When Obama began his second term in 2013, he sang a different tune. He emphasized that Iran was more than a year away from a nuclear bomb, without mentioning that his intelligence community believed it was only two to three months away from making enough fuel for one

www.bloombergview.com...

Obama knew from intelligence at the time...but lied, nevertheless.

Having "enough fuel" for a bomb does not exactly equal a functional nuclear weapon capable of being fired from one country and landing in another country with accuracy.
edit on 22-4-2015 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2015 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

According to Bloomberg, newly declassified intelligence prove that Obama knew all along Netanyahu was correct about Iran's proximity to getting an atomic bomb...but chose to lie to the American people, saying that Iran's breakout time was much longer. All the while, Obama was ridiculing Netanyahu for reporting what has now been revealed to be the CORRECT breakout period.

The article refers to Obama's behavior as puzzling...They're being polite.
In truth, Obama LIED to the American people in order to forward his own political agenda in order to pad his own presidential legacy....Again!

From Bloomberg:

Obama Kept Iran's Short Breakout Time a Secret

The Barack Obama administration has estimated for years that Iran was at most three months away from enriching enough nuclear fuel for an atomic bomb. But the administration only declassified this estimate at the beginning of the month, just in time for the White House to make the case for its Iran deal to Congress and the public.

Speaking to reporters and editors at our Washington bureau on Monday, Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz acknowledged that the U.S. has assessed for several years that Iran has been two to three months away from producing enough fissile material for a nuclear weapon. When asked how long the administration has held this assessment, Moniz said: "Oh quite some time." He added: "They are now, they are right now spinning, I mean enriching with 9,400 centrifuges out of their roughly 19,000. Plus all the . . . . R&D work. If you put that together it's very, very little time to go forward. That's the 2-3 months."

Brian Hale, a spokesman for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, confirmed to me Monday that the two-to-three-month estimate for fissile material was declassified on April 1.

Here is the puzzling thing: When Obama began his second term in 2013, he sang a different tune. He emphasized that Iran was more than a year away from a nuclear bomb, without mentioning that his intelligence community believed it was only two to three months away from making enough fuel for one, long considered the most challenging task in building a weapon. Today Obama emphasizes that Iran is only two to three months away from acquiring enough fuel for a bomb, creating a sense of urgency for his Iran agreement.

Back in 2013, when Congress was weighing new sanctions on Iran and Obama was pushing for more diplomacy, his interest was in tamping down that sense of urgency. On the eve of a visit to Israel, Obama told Israel's Channel Two, "Right now, we think it would take over a year or so for Iran to actually develop a nuclear weapon, but obviously we don’t want to cut it too close."

On Oct. 5 of that year, Obama contrasted the U.S. view of an Iranian breakout with that of Israel's prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, who at the time said Iran was only six months away from nuclear capability. Obama told the Associated Press, "Our assessment continues to be a year or more away. And in fact, actually, our estimate is probably more conservative than the estimates of Israeli intelligence services."

Ben Caspit, an Israeli journalist and columnist for Al-Monitor, reported last year that Israel's breakout estimate was also two to three months away.

FULL Article:
www.bloombergview.com...

MORE:

Report: Obama knew Netanyahu was right about Iran’s nuclear break out time all along

hotair.com...

Obama Lied For Years About Iran's Nuclear Breakout Time, Report Says

www.hngn.com...

Once again, America just can't win. If he DOESN'T get people all worked up and ready to go to war, he's a liar. If he DOES tell people what Iran is doing, he's a war monger typical American politician who just wants to line the pockets of the war machine. You know what I call this? SMART POLITICS. Rather than fanning the flames, he kept quiet and worked to get a historic deal done, bringing Iran back into the World fold. And I say this as someone who has literally ZERO respect for Obama. Yeesh, try not to jump to the blame game in every story, guys. You DO NOT deserve to or need to know EVERYTHING in EVERY SITUATION. Sometimes it really is best to simply live your life and let elected officials do the job they are paid to do.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

originally posted by: Involutionist
a reply to: haman10

I believe those who are well informed have had enough. Those who truly want peace in this world will attempt to understand matters with critical thought instead of being spoon fed geo-political talking points by mass media.

I'm Canadian and all are very welcome and celebrated here in our diverse multicultural city.

Fourth Annual Iranian Heritage Day at the Royal Ontario Museum

iranianheritageday.com...

www.rom.on.ca...

Thank you my friend . Canadian people are known for being polite .

there are many Iranian students in canada who are being treated like a first-class citizen . on behalf of all Iranians , thank you for your hospitality .

Did he say that Canadians treat them like first class citizens?

That is because in Canada AND the United States, we don't have the concept of first and second class citizens. Have you been deprived of equal treatment so long that Canada is like an oasis of first class citizenry?

Canada, get that, you are commended for first class citizenry, when you don't even have class structure...see,what the norm for you is the abnormal for Haman. The same thing would happen if he came to the United States.

Haman....it's not first class citizenry....it's called NORMAL equality.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I've always found this topic to be a humorous one.

The entire discussion is pointless unless we are absolutely certain Iran even wants to build a nuclear weapon. Could it be that they are simply trying to build up it's energy-producing capabilities and the entire notion that they want a nuke is being used as a political red herring?

Let's say they do want to build some nukes. Does anyone in their right mind believe they would use it? Of course they wouldn't.

Dropping a nuke on another nation only seals their fate, as their country would be wiped off the map.

On the other hand, it puts Iran in a much more secure position as all countries with nukes are less likely to be engaged by other nations.

No matter what, we have been hearing for many years that Iran is close to building a nuke, yet they never seem to actually build it. Year after year we are being fed this propaganda and far too many fall for it.

You do realize that without the Stuxnet virus they WOULD have a bomb by now, right?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

I believe those who are well informed have had enough. Those who truly want peace in this world will attempt to understand matters with critical thought instead of being spoon fed geo-political talking points by mass media.

I'm Canadian and all are very welcome and celebrated here in our diverse multicultural city.

www.rom.on.ca...

there are many Iranian students in canada who are being treated like a first-class citizen . on behalf of all Iranians , thank you for your hospitality .

That is because in Canada AND the United States, we don't have the concept of first and second class citizens. Have you been deprived of equal treatment so long that Canada is like an oasis of first class citizenry?

Canada, get that, you are commended for first class citizenry, when you don't even have class structure...see,what the norm for you is the abnormal for Haman. The same thing would happen if he came to the United States.

definition of trolling : Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can. www.urbandictionary.com...

When i thank canadians for having hospitality , this does not mean that foreigners are treated differently here in Iran .

What is wrong with you , i have no idea .

www.theguardian.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

www.rom.on.ca...

definition of trolling : Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can. www.urbandictionary.com...

When i thank canadians for having hospitality , this does not mean that foreigners are treated differently here in Iran .

What is wrong with you , i have no idea .

www.theguardian.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I wonder who starred my comment? Do you suppose it might have been a Canadian?

Yes, Canada should be commended, but my post was not in any way snarky or sarcastic.

Canada and the US have equality as the norm. That means that we don't really care that you are Iranian when it comes to jobs, housing, food, government benefits or even military service.

What I would like you to see, is that you have stated that you perceive a difference in citizenry because you thanked Canada for doing what Canada would do anyway for everyone?

See, Canadians don't like the fact that women in Iran are forced to wear hijab, and that women in Iran are being hung for being raped. But Canadians think that perhaps not all Iranian men are the same.

Tell us though, if Canadian Jewish women went to Iran, would they be treated as first class citizens in Iran?

You see the difference now, and if you see the difference, I don't understand how you could still support the regime of Iran and it's inequality. What are you going to do now that you can see the difference in Canada and Iran? Do you still support Iran in the midst of Canadian generosity and equality?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

And when they drop the bomb on Israel, what sanctions do you suppose we should lay on them again? Or do we go to war? Or do we just slap their wrists?

Tell us, after they drop the bomb on Israel, what other countries do you think they will hit next? What is stopping them from hitting England, France or Germany?

If anyone drops a bomb they will be in deep s***. Think about that.
Then worry about the very real use of radioactive weapons (depleted Uranium) all over the region by the US and yes, Israel.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: introvert

Apparently everyone but you knows Iran wants nukes.

Have any of the Iranian leaders stated that they want to build a nuke? I've never heard of any such statement. If they haven't, then we are only making assumptions about their intent.

It seems a bit ignorant to continue to sanction an entire country and continue to impede their energy independence all because we fear they may, possibly, want to build a nuclear weapon.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrWendal

a reply to: Sremmos80

Hi Sremmos.
Please first read the article, then comment.
Here, let me help...

Here is the puzzling thing: When Obama began his second term in 2013, he sang a different tune. He emphasized that Iran was more than a year away from a nuclear bomb, without mentioning that his intelligence community believed it was only two to three months away from making enough fuel for one

www.bloombergview.com...

Obama knew from intelligence at the time...but lied, nevertheless.

Having "enough fuel" for a bomb does not exactly equal a functional nuclear weapon capable of being fired from one country and landing in another country with accuracy.

Iran does have an ICBM test this year, these concerns are far from unfounded.

Iran's Ballistic Missile Program

Iran has the largest and most diverse ballistic missile arsenal in the Middle East. (Israel has more capable ballistic missiles, but fewer in number and type.) Most were acquired from foreign sources, notably North Korea. The Islamic Republic is the only country to develop a 2,000-km missile without first having a nuclear weapons capability.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

www.rom.on.ca...

Dunno by the sounds of it in the USA is you are a different colour the police will likely empty a magazine into your back

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
a reply to: IAMTAT
I'm from the UK and I find the anti Obama stuff OTT (I suspect more than just republican-democrat issues !!). But even I can see how ridiculous this thread is. Here is sentence one quoted by the OP:

"The Barack Obama administration has estimated for years that Iran was at most three months away from enriching enough nuclear fuel for an atomic bomb."

DUH, DUH, DUH.....a never ending three months!!!!

Maybe they are on a different time scale?

3 months = 3 decades?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: introvert

Apparently everyone but you knows Iran wants nukes.

Have any of the Iranian leaders stated that they want to build a nuke? I've never heard of any such statement. If they haven't, then we are only making assumptions about their intent.

It seems a bit ignorant to continue to sanction an entire country and continue to impede their energy independence all because we fear they may, possibly, want to build a nuclear weapon.

There have been many countries other than the US that have been dealing with Iran over enriched uranium. If Iran wants to build a nuclear bomb then it will inevitably happen.

But the US isn't the only concerned. After all, China has been supplying them with technology and so has Russia and Germany. I don't really see though how Iranians would want nuclear energy considering the great possibility of meltdown.

Three Mile Island, Chernobyl and Fukishima are just three examples of what goes wrong with nuclear power plants. And the nuclear waste that will be generated, how is Iran going to ensure that certain groups within their borders are not going to get hold of it?

When you can assure us that Iran can manage to maintain and control their nuclear waste from being used by groups, then maybe we will feel more comfortable about it.

I am no fan of nuclear energy, the cons outweigh the pros for me. But we are talking about a potential threat, not only from the nuclear facility itself, but the idea that someone could get the waste to make dirty bombs.

That's what we worry about here and if we take that threat seriously, then why would we assume less about a country that is very unstable?

Like I said in another post, if the US government could hide the fact that we had Nazi scientists working here and the manufacture and testing of nuclear weapons, and the fact that we could hide the transport of those weapons across the Pacific without England, Australia or Russia knowing about it, just think what some other leader could do.

Just because they haven't said it openly does not mean it could not be possible.

Truman made the biggest mistake ever and regretted it. And Truman wasn't even our worst president.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

That is because in Canada AND the United States, we don't have the concept of first and second class citizens.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Tell us though, if Canadian Jewish women went to Iran, would they be treated as first class citizens in Iran?

You see the difference now, and if you see the difference, I don't understand how you could still support the regime of Iran and it's inequality. What are you going to do now that you can see the difference in Canada and Iran? Do you still support Iran in the midst of Canadian generosity and equality?

How familiar are you with Persian Jews?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

www.rom.on.ca...

Dunno by the sounds of it in the USA is you are a different colour the police will likely empty a magazine into your back

And if you are a woman in Iran, you might find yourself with the same fate. No wait, they hang their women.

You don't seem to realize the number of black people in this country. And you don't seem to realize that the black community here is dealing with intrinsic problems that they are struggling with each other about.

This idea that black people are routinely targeted by the whole of America and the police, wrong. There are many black police officers and....police chiefs and sheriffs and mayors and governors...and senators and congressmen. Even our President is black and many times black men have run for president.

Right now, Ben Carson is running for President. Do you think he would make a good candidate?

I don't think you really get the idea of what America is really like.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Yes, the guy so eloquently told me about the 20,000 in Iran.

Persian Jews from an Iranian perspective

Several reports on human rights in Iran, including the most recent report issued by the US Department of State, have commented upon the reluctance of Iranian Jews to speak out on conditions affecting them, while others have taken the official statements of the Iranian Jewish Community supporting the Islamic regime at face value, none of the reports have bothered to take a closer look at questionable background and contacts of those who claim to speak on behalf of the Iranian Jewish community.

Any time I hear the words "reluctant to speak about it" raises red flags.

The Jews suffer from official inferior status under Iranian Law and are not protected by police or the courts. The amount of financial compensation a Jew can receive from a Muslim in case of murder or accidental death of a relative is equal to one-eighth of that which would be paid if the victim was a Muslim.

Is that equality?

And here is Tom Lantos (D. California) on how Persian Jews are treated

Mr. Speaker, I rise today to express outrage over the sentences handed down on July 1st in Iran against ten of thirteen Iranian Jews who were recently put on trial in that country. These people, who were charged with the crime of practicing their religion, were unfairly imprisoned for over a year while waiting for the Iranian government to conduct its trial. Now they have been found guilty in a sham legal proceeding. The trial--if it can be called a trial--was political intimidation not a judicial proceeding. This is a court with no jury, and one which holds its trials behind closed doors with the ``judge'' serving as both prosecutor and judge. The defendants were not able to choose their own representation in court.

What were you telling me again about the equality of Persian Jews? We aren't living in the time of Cyrus, we are living in the time of the present leader of Iran. And Cyrus didn't rule over The Islamic Republic.

edit on 4/22/2015 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp
a reply to: IAMTAT

I can only imagine that a nuclear armed Iran is desirable somehow to this administration or as part of a long term projection by our military in general, ultimately inevitable.

Desirable because maybe they'll blow themselves up?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Yes, the guy so eloquently told me about the 20,000 in Iran.

Persian Jews from an Iranian perspective

Several reports on human rights in Iran, including the most recent report issued by the US Department of State, have commented upon the reluctance of Iranian Jews to speak out on conditions affecting them, while others have taken the official statements of the Iranian Jewish Community supporting the Islamic regime at face value, none of the reports have bothered to take a closer look at questionable background and contacts of those who claim to speak on behalf of the Iranian Jewish community.

Any time I hear the words "reluctant to speak about it" raises red flags.

The Jews suffer from official inferior status under Iranian Law and are not protected by police or the courts. The amount of financial compensation a Jew can receive from a Muslim in case of murder or accidental death of a relative is equal to one-eighth of that which would be paid if the victim was a Muslim.

Is that equality?

And here is Tom Lantos (D. California) on how Persian Jews are treated

Mr. Speaker, I rise today to express outrage over the sentences handed down on July 1st in Iran against ten of thirteen Iranian Jews who were recently put on trial in that country. These people, who were charged with the crime of practicing their religion, were unfairly imprisoned for over a year while waiting for the Iranian government to conduct its trial. Now they have been found guilty in a sham legal proceeding. The trial--if it can be called a trial--was political intimidation not a judicial proceeding. This is a court with no jury, and one which holds its trials behind closed doors with the ``judge'' serving as both prosecutor and judge. The defendants were not able to choose their own representation in court.

What were you telling me again about the equality of Persian Jews? We aren't living in the time of Cyrus, we are living in the time of the present leader of Iran. And Cyrus didn't rule over The Islamic Republic.

Again , i was not going to get off-topic anymore but since you're apparently on a mission here (all your recent posts have been about Iran) i am going to debunk you again .

The article you mentioned is from "Iranian.com" this site belongs to a terrorist group called MEK or mujahidin-khalgh-organization . here is a good article about them :

en.wikipedia.org...

about Iranian jews , i've got much better sources for you dear than that off-shoot terrorist-owned site . heck even israelis themselves wrote one of those semi-biased articles , here you go :

www.cnn.com...

If you're looking for the Jewish community in the Iranian town of Esfahan, you won't have to search for long.

The main synagogue is on Palestine Square, right in the heart of Iran's third largest city. There are public prayers several times a day -- sometimes with more than a hundred people in attendance.

The Jewish community in Iran does not hide its heritage. At the synagogue, Michael Malakon leads the prayer service. He says he is proud of his Jewish identity. And even in a country that is so hostile towards Israel, Malakon says he can practice freely and that he has many Muslim friends.

www.haaretz.com... (this is an Isareli site exteremly hostile towards Iran) :

en.wikipedia.org...

so , try harder next time , alright ?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Tell us all here, are you not accepting the good graces and hospitality of Canada while at the same time supporting the Islamic Republic that hangs women, tries Jews without due process and screams that the holocaust never happened?

All while you are thanking Canada, you glad hand them and deny the inequality in your own country?

Are Persian Jews treated equally in Iran or not? Do they have the exact same rights as every citizen?

Are they allowed equal due process under the law or not?

Are they allowed to speak out?

And this group who exposed the unfair trial and persecution of Persian Jews, you called them terrorists?

Yes, Haaretz has a right to be harsh against Iran, every nation in the world that believes in equality and freedom and justice are outraged. Do you really think this criticism is unwarranted?

No, it is not unwarranted and only in your country it is illegal.

Here is the Iranian Constitution

Legislation which is to set out the codes for the management of society will have as its central axis the Koran and tradition. Therefore there is great necessity for exact and serious supervision by just and virtuous and dedicated Islamic scholars (FEQHA-ye-ADEL = just men of religious law).

Your very laws are to be dictated by the few Islamic scholars. That is called Theocracy. That is why you are not an equal and free country.

Women were drawn away from the family unit and (put into) the condition of "being a mere thing", or "being a mere tool for work" in the service of consumerism and exploitation. Re-assumption of the task of bringing up religiously-minded men and women, ready to work and fight together in life's fields of activity, is a serious and precious duty of motherhood. And so acceptance of this responsibility as more serious and - from the Islamic point of view -a loftier ground for appreciation (lit: value) status (lit: greatness) will be forthcoming.

This is written into your constitution. From the Islamic point of view? Is that what you live by?

In the organization and equipping of the countries defense forces, there must be regard for faith and religion as their basis and rules. And so the Islamic Republic's army, and the corps of Revolutionary Guards must be organized in accordance with this aim. They have responsibility not only for the safeguarding of the frontiers, but also for a religious mission, which is Holy War (JIHAD) along the way of God, and the struggle to extend the supremacy of God's Law in the world.

Are you doing Jihad in Canada while thanking them for their generosity?

The public media (radio-television) must take their place in the process of development of the Islamic revolution, and must serve in the propagation of Islamic culture. In this sphere they must look for opportunities for a healthy exchange of differing ideas, and must rigorously refrain from the propagation and encouragement of destructive and anti-Islamic qualities (ideas).

The government controls your media. Good that you didn't know that one.

Who were you trying to convince? Here is your Constitution. Can you challenge what it says?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

All of those things you mentioned are concerns we should have about ALL nations that have or seek nuclear technology. Why are we focusing on Iran? Why aren't we taking the same approach towards Pakistan, or Israel.

Politics. Pure politics.

Those very examples you gave are used as propaganda to drive-up fear against Iran in order to push a political agenda that is at odds with an energy-independent Iran.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join