It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama KNEW All Along Netanyahu Was Right About Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
According to Bloomberg, newly declassified intelligence prove that Obama knew all along Netanyahu was correct about Iran's proximity to getting an atomic bomb...but chose to lie to the American people, saying that Iran's breakout time was much longer. All the while, Obama was ridiculing Netanyahu for reporting what has now been revealed to be the CORRECT breakout period.

The article refers to Obama's behavior as puzzling...They're being polite.
In truth, Obama LIED to the American people in order to forward his own political agenda in order to pad his own presidential legacy....Again!

From Bloomberg:

Obama Kept Iran's Short Breakout Time a Secret

The Barack Obama administration has estimated for years that Iran was at most three months away from enriching enough nuclear fuel for an atomic bomb. But the administration only declassified this estimate at the beginning of the month, just in time for the White House to make the case for its Iran deal to Congress and the public.

Speaking to reporters and editors at our Washington bureau on Monday, Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz acknowledged that the U.S. has assessed for several years that Iran has been two to three months away from producing enough fissile material for a nuclear weapon. When asked how long the administration has held this assessment, Moniz said: "Oh quite some time." He added: "They are now, they are right now spinning, I mean enriching with 9,400 centrifuges out of their roughly 19,000. Plus all the . . . . R&D work. If you put that together it's very, very little time to go forward. That's the 2-3 months."

Brian Hale, a spokesman for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, confirmed to me Monday that the two-to-three-month estimate for fissile material was declassified on April 1.

Here is the puzzling thing: When Obama began his second term in 2013, he sang a different tune. He emphasized that Iran was more than a year away from a nuclear bomb, without mentioning that his intelligence community believed it was only two to three months away from making enough fuel for one, long considered the most challenging task in building a weapon. Today Obama emphasizes that Iran is only two to three months away from acquiring enough fuel for a bomb, creating a sense of urgency for his Iran agreement.

Back in 2013, when Congress was weighing new sanctions on Iran and Obama was pushing for more diplomacy, his interest was in tamping down that sense of urgency. On the eve of a visit to Israel, Obama told Israel's Channel Two, "Right now, we think it would take over a year or so for Iran to actually develop a nuclear weapon, but obviously we don’t want to cut it too close."

On Oct. 5 of that year, Obama contrasted the U.S. view of an Iranian breakout with that of Israel's prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, who at the time said Iran was only six months away from nuclear capability. Obama told the Associated Press, "Our assessment continues to be a year or more away. And in fact, actually, our estimate is probably more conservative than the estimates of Israeli intelligence services."

Ben Caspit, an Israeli journalist and columnist for Al-Monitor, reported last year that Israel's breakout estimate was also two to three months away.

FULL Article:
www.bloombergview.com...
edit on 21-4-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

MORE:

Report: Obama knew Netanyahu was right about Iran’s nuclear break out time all along

hotair.com...

Obama Lied For Years About Iran's Nuclear Breakout Time, Report Says

www.hngn.com...
edit on 21-4-2015 by IAMTAT because: Links added

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
OK, why is our Intel always 2 to 3 months for one? Why does Obama feel so sure that allowing Iran to do whatever it wants is the right way to go?

If he feels that way, why doesn't he just make his case instead of lying about it? The lie makes me think he either isn't so sure or has something in mind that he knows most people would never stand for but he doesn't care.

+41 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Intel: Iran is 2-3 months from the bomb!
*next year*
*next year*
...etc

+33 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Why does Obama feel so sure that allowing Iran to do whatever it wants is the right way to go?

Becaaause… Iran hasn't done anything wrong?

Give it a rest.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: ketsuko

Why does Obama feel so sure that allowing Iran to do whatever it wants is the right way to go?

Becaaause… Iran hasn't done anything wrong?

Give it a rest.

OK, here's the rub. You have a country that constantly threatens the existence of another country, one that is about 9 miles across at one point, also claiming it has every right to develop whatever it wants with nukes.

In this case, the first sign of it doing something wrong could be near genocidal and a further catastrophe to the peoples in the neighboring countries.

But OK ...

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Despite popular belief, none of our presidents have been fools and Obama is no exception.

I can only imagine that a nuclear armed Iran is desirable somehow to this administration or as part of a long term projection by our military in general, ultimately inevitable.

I really don't get it but, I can see how it accelerates the showdown between sunni and shia, one of the possible explanations.

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

How do you think some one is 2-3 months away from something for years?

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

... looks very much that Netanyahu have good friends in bloombergview.com

and now they just keep playing the same song, again and again. many years the same one...
and bad one!
Israel is the only problem in mid east...

how come that they want You to believe that Obama is against Israeli will? and in the same time funded by Jews in control...
hahaha.

BE SCARED!!! IRAN WILL HAVE a bomb... boring song!

peace.

BTW go visit Iran, beautiful and lovely place full of ordinary people like You and me

(i am born in central europe)

pulptastic.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
According to Bloomberg, newly declassified intelligence prove that Obama knew all along Netanyahu was correct about Iran's proximity to getting an atomic bomb...but chose to lie to the American people, saying that Iran's breakout time was much longer. All the while, Obama was ridiculing Netanyahu for reporting what has now been revealed to be the CORRECT breakout period.

The article refers to Obama's behavior as puzzling...They're being polite.
In truth, Obama LIED to the American people in order to forward his own political agenda in order to pad his own presidential legacy....Again!

From Bloomberg:

Obama Kept Iran's Short Breakout Time a Secret

The Barack Obama administration has estimated for years that Iran was at most three months away from enriching enough nuclear fuel for an atomic bomb. But the administration only declassified this estimate at the beginning of the month, just in time for the White House to make the case for its Iran deal to Congress and the public.

Speaking to reporters and editors at our Washington bureau on Monday, Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz acknowledged that the U.S. has assessed for several years that Iran has been two to three months away from producing enough fissile material for a nuclear weapon. When asked how long the administration has held this assessment, Moniz said: "Oh quite some time." He added: "They are now, they are right now spinning, I mean enriching with 9,400 centrifuges out of their roughly 19,000. Plus all the . . . . R&D work. If you put that together it's very, very little time to go forward. That's the 2-3 months."

Brian Hale, a spokesman for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, confirmed to me Monday that the two-to-three-month estimate for fissile material was declassified on April 1.

Here is the puzzling thing: When Obama began his second term in 2013, he sang a different tune. He emphasized that Iran was more than a year away from a nuclear bomb, without mentioning that his intelligence community believed it was only two to three months away from making enough fuel for one, long considered the most challenging task in building a weapon. Today Obama emphasizes that Iran is only two to three months away from acquiring enough fuel for a bomb, creating a sense of urgency for his Iran agreement.

Back in 2013, when Congress was weighing new sanctions on Iran and Obama was pushing for more diplomacy, his interest was in tamping down that sense of urgency. On the eve of a visit to Israel, Obama told Israel's Channel Two, "Right now, we think it would take over a year or so for Iran to actually develop a nuclear weapon, but obviously we don’t want to cut it too close."

On Oct. 5 of that year, Obama contrasted the U.S. view of an Iranian breakout with that of Israel's prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, who at the time said Iran was only six months away from nuclear capability. Obama told the Associated Press, "Our assessment continues to be a year or more away. And in fact, actually, our estimate is probably more conservative than the estimates of Israeli intelligence services."

Ben Caspit, an Israeli journalist and columnist for Al-Monitor, reported last year that Israel's breakout estimate was also two to three months away.

FULL Article:
www.bloombergview.com...

MORE:

Report: Obama knew Netanyahu was right about Iran’s nuclear break out time all along

hotair.com...

Obama Lied For Years About Iran's Nuclear Breakout Time, Report Says

www.hngn.com...

Netanyahu said Iran was 4 months away from a nuke.... 3 years ago. Even his own generals have said he exaggerated the time line...

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Hi Sremmos.
Please first read the article, then comment.
Here, let me help...

Here is the puzzling thing: When Obama began his second term in 2013, he sang a different tune. He emphasized that Iran was more than a year away from a nuclear bomb, without mentioning that his intelligence community believed it was only two to three months away from making enough fuel for one

www.bloombergview.com...

Obama knew from intelligence at the time...but lied, nevertheless.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

So a politician lied to his constituents what a surprise indeed??????????

In my opinion the big news would be when they actually told the truth.

Anyway I saw someone ask why Iran is always 2 to 3 months from obtaining a bomb. All that means is Iran has done all the research and all the development towards making the bomb. It even sounds to me that they have attained all materials and the only process left is assembly.

Regardless of what happens in any deal on nuclear arms. Iran will still be 2 to 3 months away from assembling a bomb. So pretty much everyone has been lying to everyone and it will be up to Iran's whim as to when they'll make a bomb. (which is guaranteed to happen two to three months after they make the decision even if a deal is reached)
edit on 21-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

How do you think some one is 2-3 months away from something for years?

Yep, I'm wondering what's wrong with our Intel that they keep saying that. If they keep making that assessment, then I can see how they got the Iraq thing so wrong.

Maybe they are too busy reading the texts and emails of regular Americans trying to unravel Hillary's vast, Right-wing conspiracy?

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I've always found this topic to be a humorous one.

The entire discussion is pointless unless we are absolutely certain Iran even wants to build a nuclear weapon. Could it be that they are simply trying to build up it's energy-producing capabilities and the entire notion that they want a nuke is being used as a political red herring?

Let's say they do want to build some nukes. Does anyone in their right mind believe they would use it? Of course they wouldn't.

Dropping a nuke on another nation only seals their fate, as their country would be wiped off the map.

On the other hand, it puts Iran in a much more secure position as all countries with nukes are less likely to be engaged by other nations.

No matter what, we have been hearing for many years that Iran is close to building a nuke, yet they never seem to actually build it. Year after year we are being fed this propaganda and far too many fall for it.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Nutenyahoo has been screaming about Iran being "months away" from getting nukes since the 90s.

He should look at his own backyard if he wants to look for any illegal nukes.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This is almost a joke. Everyone and their mother has been making the same claim since Iran started building it's first reactor in the early 80's. The US gave Iran access to fissile materials back in the 60's and was going to help them build 20 reactors under the Shah. It was only the 1979 revolution that slowed progress down on their nuclear program which didn't really kick back into high gear until 96. The bottom line though is that since I was a kid I've been hearing the same thing from multiple US administrations that Iran was x months away from being able to build a functioning warhead so to put it all on Obama is disingenuous. There's plenty of stuff he's acually responsible for that we can dump on him over. This isn't one of them.

September 1967: The United States supplies 5.545 kg of enriched uranium, of which 5.165 kg contain fissile isotopes for fuel in a research reactor. The United States also supplies 112 g of plutonium, of which 104 g are fissile isotopes, for use as start-up sources for research reactor.[1]

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Considering the tiny sniff of religion that it takes to set most people in this country into a howling paranoid fear that the awful Christian boogeymen are one step away from imposing hardcore Mosaic theological law on everyone ... I would think the reality that Iran is actually ruled by real hardcore theocrats would bring about more than shrugs when you point out that they actually do believe in the End of the World and it is partially their mission to help bring it about by killing lots of people who don't believe like they do.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

So a politician lied to his constituents what a surprise indeed??????????

In my opinion the big news would be when they actually told the truth.

Hey, if everyone is cool with having Obama lie to the electorate...repeatedly...then just ignore the story, move along and have a nice day.
No harm done.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Ya I did thank you very much, did I strike a nerve?

Still doesn't change my statement.

How can our Intel assess formultiple years that they were 2-3 months away?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Why is Iran under sanctions?

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'm lol'ing here.

The same people that swoon over the idea of a theocratic government in the west, the same people that don't trust segments of their own governments. . . .

Have such faith that the Iranian government would never do anything bad and that Iran has the best interests of all the sweet people and unicorns of the world at heart.

. . . fa. . lalalalalala. . . going to watch the butterflies kiss the pretty flowers now. . . lalalalalalala. . . .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join