It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Atheists Attack mainly Christians and Muslims but not Jews?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Collateral

originally posted by: Barcs

I find it amusing how people on these forums are so quick to speak down to you, yet when you prove them wrong, they don't even have the decency to admit it.

I guess avoiding threads is easier than saying..."You are correct."

In case you haven't noticed, ignoring counter points is a the primary form of debate for creationists on here. They will never ever ever admit they were wrong about anything, yet keep posting lie after lie.

I think most people treat ATS as a sort of fantasy forum, where they can avoid facts with like minded people...hence why they prefer not to engage with people who want to argue topics on its actual merits.

I think not, and I see no need to be polite to them about it. They will not be allowed to enjoy a echo chamber in these forums! In short the so called creationist/IDer's that troll these threads are simply liars, dishonest, deceptive, evasive, deliberate, calculating liars and have had their tactics refuted a thousand times.

I think many of us are completely aware that creationist/IDer's are simply just lying for Jesus when they claim to have a scientific theory, hypothesis, or whatever troll they come up with. They don't give a rat's ass about science! They're not interested in answering any scientific questions. They don't care about developing a better understanding of the natural world. They present no scientific hypotheses or theories. They do no scientific research of any kind.

They have nothing at all scientifically useful to say. They're not concerned about any of that.
What they ARE concerned about is religious fanaticism, and the desire to use political power to enforce their religious fundamentalism onto everyone else, whether everyone else likes it or not.

This is why they garner the attention!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Atheists attack religion? Sure I know of a couple people in the spotlight that do like Bill Maher, but wtf are you going on about here? Or maybe you are referring to the racist idiots on this forum?

I , for one, do not want anything to do with ANY of you whack job religious freaks. I do not attack you, I just want you to stay the hell away from me. I know I am not alone in thinking this. I don't see this attacking of religion by atheists as much at we are trying to stay well away from you.
edit on 11-8-2015 by roncoallstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Maybe because there is about 5 Jews left in the world.

I'm exaggerating of course but people don’t realize there’s only about 16 million Jews left in the world

It’s a religion that never proselytizes

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadow Herder

I'm an atheist but couldn't give a flying # about what people choose believe as long as you're not trying to shove it down my throat. If it makes you feel any better I live in NY and the one group of people I have a passionate hatred for the Hasidim. I assume their complete lack of common decency is tied into their religious interpretation
edit on 11-8-2015 by EightTF because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Let's see:

ATHEISM: Preference for rationality, scientific evidence, observable facts.

RELIGIOUS BELIEF: Preference for irrationality, traditional mythology, invisible elements of faith.

Yeah, no difference at all there.

And yet the Nazi Party went out of their way to seperate Religion from State. Seems that they were a lot more closely aligned with Atheism than anything else, as a party.

Individuals would of had their own beliefs, but that doesn't mean it influenced party policy,

The German population was swayed for centuries by the Christian based hatred and insanity of Martin Luther, which made it very easy for the Nazis to (further) marginalize the Jews. It was an effective propaganda tool and as far as Hitler goes, he might have had various motives for his stance against the Jews (and other groups) but he obviously held Christian principles as espoused in Mein Kampf and various other places. Seems he was also a creationist also (references to our "lord and creator"). Christianity certainly played it's part in the holocaust. It was the continuation of "On the Jews and Their Lies" in many ways.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

While wary of open conflict with the churches, Hitler generally permitted or encouraged anti-church radicals such as Himmler, Goebbels and Bormann to perpetrate their persecutions of the churches.[26]

Kershaw wrote... Hitler said: "The heaviest blow that ever struck humanity was the coming of Christianity. Bolshevism is Christianity's illegitimate child. Both are inventions of the Jew. The deliberate lie in the matter of religion was introduced into the world by Christianity."[33] Bullock wrote that Hitler was a rationalist and materialist who saw Christianity as a religion "fit for slaves" and against the natural law of selection and survival of the fittest.[34]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyingfish

I find it amusing how people on these forums are so quick to speak down to you, yet when you prove them wrong, they don't even have the decency to admit it.

I guess avoiding threads is easier than saying..."You are correct."

In case you haven't noticed, ignoring counter points is a the primary form of debate for creationists on here. They will never ever ever admit they were wrong about anything, yet keep posting lie after lie.

I think most people treat ATS as a sort of fantasy forum, where they can avoid facts with like minded people...hence why they prefer not to engage with people who want to argue topics on its actual merits.

I think not, and I see no need to be polite to them about it. They will not be allowed to enjoy a echo chamber in these forums! In short the so called creationist/IDer's that troll these threads are simply liars, dishonest, deceptive, evasive, deliberate, calculating liars and have had their tactics refuted a thousand times.

I think many of us are completely aware that creationist/IDer's are simply just lying for Jesus when they claim to have a scientific theory, hypothesis, or whatever troll they come up with. They don't give a rat's ass about science! They're not interested in answering any scientific questions. They don't care about developing a better understanding of the natural world. They present no scientific hypotheses or theories. They do no scientific research of any kind.

They have nothing at all scientifically useful to say. They're not concerned about any of that.
What they ARE concerned about is religious fanaticism, and the desire to use political power to enforce their religious fundamentalism onto everyone else, whether everyone else likes it or not.

This is why they garner the attention!

Also...surely if a group of people go out of their way to try and brainwash young minds into their delusional cult, rather disingenuously under the guise of education (yes, Christianity) why not point out just how delusional they are and how ridiculous the religion is. Surely this wouldn't be tolerated if Scientology tried to infiltrate science based public education? None of them are anything more than fairy stories, but Christianity has an effect on more people. It's not possible to run for office in some parts without belief the right version of the sky wizard.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

The prevailing scholarly view[45] since the Second World War is that the treatise exercised a major and persistent influence on Germany's attitude toward its Jewish citizens in the centuries between the Reformation and the Holocaust. Four hundred years after it was written, the Nazi Party displayed On the Jews and Their Lies during Nuremberg rallies, and the city of Nuremberg presented a first edition to Julius Streicher, editor of the Nazi newspaper Der Stürmer, the newspaper describing it as the most radically antisemitic tract ever published.[46] [47]

The line of "anti-semitic descent" from Luther to Hitler is "easy to draw",[55] according to American historian Lucy Dawidowicz. In her The War Against the Jews, 1933–1945, she writes that both Luther and Hitler were obsessed by the "demonologized universe" inhabited by Jews, with Hitler asserting that the later Luther, the author of On the Jews and Their Lies was the real Luther.[55]

en.wikipedia.org...

You can throw out whatever opinions you like. Hitler, in his own words, was a Christian and valued Christian ideals. As was Luther. Both also quite insane, obviously. Christianity might not have been his real motive, but it played a part (propaganda).

edit on 11-8-2015 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Hitler was keeping the Christian population happy with one hand, whilst he secretly moved to have the church removed.

You can be a Christian and anti-Christian at the same time. He either was, or he wasnt...

His words appear to be mixed.

His actions, tell us what he really was...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
In reality you can't blame Christianity for the actions of Hitler, much like you can't blame atheism for the actions of Stalin or Hitler. They were people looking for absolute power by any means necessary.

Didn't the church turn a blind eye to the holocaust while Hitler was "supporting" them, however?
edit on 12-8-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Agreed. Jews don't have a need to proselytize. You either go along with it, or you don't. Christians will make a very big effort to get you do join up with them, usually by "educating" you about stuff they think you don't know. "Jesus was the son of god who died for my sins and then rose from the dead? Why haven't I heard about this before!?" And of course Muslims have this nasty tendency to behead infidels. Yeah, not all of them are like that. But the fact that they can use their texts to justify it doesn't bode well.

So I guess it all boils down to aggressiveness. Religion should be promoted through peace, if at all.

This is correct.

Christians follow Christ's example. And the main thing he did after his baptism was proselytize. And to the Jews, of whom he was one.

And after Jesus had taught his followers how to preach he sent them off and told them to continue to preach the "good news" unto the whole world.

Now Jesus was put to death for his preaching. Not that he did anything wrong, but because he showed love of people, and spoke the truth. His love was extreme, and his words were powerful.

But because of his love of people and his preaching he was hated and eventually murdered, as both the religious leaders of the Jews and the Romans conspired together to get rid of him.

And he stated this profound truth:

"Keep in mind the word I said to you: A slave is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have observed my word, they will also observe yours. But they will do all these things against you on account of my name, because they do not know the One who sent me. (John 15:20,1).

If Jesus, as the master was hated by the world, in general, although showing them love, and they persecuted him, none of his followers should imagine that they would receive any different treatment.

And he said why that would happen: because they did not know the One (his God) who sent him.

Now, most "Christians" in the world are NOT real Christians, rather in name only. They are a main part of this world. And Jews are also a part of the world, along with the rest of false religion, as well as atheists, and those who profess no belief at all.

Christendom involves herself in politics and has taken on pagan teachings and holidays, such as the teaching of the Trinity, Immortality of the soul, Hell-fire, etc, and holidays such as Halloween, Christmas, Easter. And while Atheists are keen to note their hypocrisy (and rightly so), they are both of the same group of people.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
double post.
edit on 12-8-2015 by JackReyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadow Herder

As many of you know as you come to sites like this or any forum that discusses christianity and atheism, the topics usually discussed are usually about the credibility of whether or not Jesus existed or how extreme Islam is but no one touches Judaism? I am just curious why.

The word Christianity is a bigger target. There are about 2.2 percent Jews in U.S. and a much smaller target for the clubbers to club. That and the fact that Jews do not try to sell their religion or argue their religion as do the Roman organizations.

I also came out of Messianic Judaism as a youth and as long as I discuss the word Jesus it sets the clubbers on fire. Most Jews will not bother with these types of forums and regard them as a waste of time. The reason I engage is that I am so old that it keeps me occupied. I generally am busy with my studies and use this as a break from routine. LOL

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I do.. I don't like all three of those religions. I'm not an Atheist though. I do believe in God, but no religion specifically.

I dislike all three of Abrahams terrible children though. Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Oh, Abraham what evil have thou wrought upon us!?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Didn't the church turn a blind eye to the holocaust while Hitler was "supporting" them, however?

A large number of Priests were sent to concentration camps.

The church had many active participants in the German resistance to Nazism.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: flyingfish

I think many of us are completely aware that creationist/IDer's are simply just lying for Jesus when they claim to have a scientific theory, hypothesis, or whatever troll they come up with. They don't give a rat's ass about science! They're not interested in answering any scientific questions. They don't care about developing a better understanding of the natural world. They present no scientific hypotheses or theories. They do no scientific research of any kind. They have nothing at all scientifically useful to say. They're not concerned about any of that. What they ARE concerned about is religious fanaticism, and the desire to use political power to enforce their religious fundamentalism onto everyone else, whether everyone else likes it or not.

Do you truly understand what you are ranting about? Do you truly understand what forum you are on? Do you understand what a scientific theory is? If a creationist is on this forum with a theological concept of a conspiracy then this is the correct forum. On the other hand if a person is on this forum with the understanding that this is of theoretical secular science then that person is misusing this forum.

If you want to indulge in secular science and get proven results and argue your little mind over formulas then go to the science forum where they will bury you in one rant. This forum is designed for theological discussion. That means religious discussion which is strictly theology and not secular science. Get with the program and don't be so obnoxious. Rat's ass is not proper language.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

If conspiracy theories that have to do with theology are scientifically and demonstrably wrong, then they should be called out, regardless of what forum it's in. What, you want to have some exclusive forum dedicated to false theories and things that are flat out wrong? Don't you care about intellectual honesty? I know you guys hate science with a passion, but if you can't argue against it without fallacies and faulty logic, you don't have an argument. I know you guys do not like being corrected, but it has to be done to preserve integrity. If you just threw theories and hypotheticals around it would be different, but it's always an attack on science and academia.
edit on 13-8-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

If conspiracy theories that have to do with theology are scientifically and demonstrably wrong, then they should be called out, regardless of what forum it's in. What, you want to have some exclusive forum dedicated to false theories and things that are flat out wrong? Don't you care about intellectual honesty?

All theology is wrong according to secular science simply because that is what it is. If it were factual then it would move into the realm of fact. Yes, this is an exclusive forum dedicated to theology and theology is filled with false theological opinions because that is what it is. Who can be the judge to say what and how much of any religion is intellectually honest or dishonest when it is nothing but theology. All religions are by faith and not proven by secular science nor are they demonstrable. It is simple apples and oranges and that is why this forum was separated from the science forum.

You can nor more prove theology than any other person on the face of this earth. If you could produce that proof then you could also show intellectual honesty and dishonesty. I hardly think you qualify as a judge of religion. A theory cannot be scientifically and demonstrable wrong without first becoming a fact. You may want to visit the science forum and present your theoretical models and see exactly what I mean. Flat out wrong is your opinion and nothing more as far as religion is concerned. Simply because the government and universities silence certain religions and favor others does not mean that what you have been taught is factual. What it does mean is that you think it is factual without fault and that is also intellectually dishonest.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The OP says atheists don't attack Judaism, but yet they have the same affinity for the book of Genesis and it's narrative,
so when Atheists attack the Creator and equate him with the validity of a magical flying pasta monster in the sky they are insulting the belief and faith of all 3 of the Abrahamic religions.

And they have specifically gone after Judaism as well. They ran this billboard advertisement targeted towards Judaism in New York in Jewish neighborhoods.

There is not a lot of Jews on ATS that want to engage, and I have tried, with threads targeted just for them to express themselves on religious topics. It seems they are the same on the net as they are in real life, they don't want to have a conversation about the dozens of prophesies in their old testament that are talking about the Messiah. If you have a group that is reluctant to express their beliefs or defend them, well no fuel on fire and it just goes out.
Same with the creation topic, Christians on the other hand will vigorously defend their beliefs, perhaps because of this scripture.

1 Peter 3:15

But in your hearts set Christ apart as holy [and acknowledge Him] as Lord. Always be ready to give a logical defense to anyone who asks you to account for the hope that is in you, but do it courteously and respectfully.

The courteously and respectfully part is huge challenge these days, something I actually need to work on myself.
edit on 13-8-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think they do so because it is easier to attack the enemy you know, rather than the one you don't know.

If you talk to many of the Atheists who are encouraging hateful remarks/attacks against Christianity, you will find that many grew up in a household or (knew someone who did) where they constantly felt the pressure of Christianity on their backs. Maybe they wanted to think for themselves or maybe they felt that they couldn't live up to Christian obligations that they believed were being placed on them, either way they grew to hate Christianity.

These same Atheists cannot have the same hate towards religions that they were not expected to live up to. There is no reference of hate for them, so they go for the jugular of the one they grew to abhor...Christianity. It is a shame though, that much hate only begets more hate.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join