It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deli Shut Down After Owner Doesn't Understand Racism:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
I understand whites are born with "Privilege" ...

Haha! I don't understand how someone in this day and age can say something like that and be totally genuine in doing so. White "privilege" is a joke. Maybe fifty years ago, but in 2015? Mmhmm...

On topic: His business, let him do what he wants. Either people will like it or not, lets speak with our wallets. Sure, he's bemoaning the fact that he lost his business because, like I said, people spoke with their wallets. Yet, what if his business boomed? Cries of "racism" would be even louder, and equally as asinine.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow
I believe part of the problem is that black history is still being made in the concern that considerable racism against the black race continues to this day and has a ways to go before it can even be considered "history".

Here is the real Issue. "race" as far as BIOLOGICAL RACE GOES DONT EXIST OUTSIDE OF HOMO SAPIEN.

Now here is why the Government scientist will not step in and clarify this for the world. The governments of the planet WANT US ALL SEPERATED and CATALOGUED to CONTROL us all.

RACISM is a MANMADE creation that is based solely on ethnic differences and tonal variations. In the past our MORONIC ANCESTORS who DID NOT KNOW BETTER started this crap of race.

SO JOIN ME AND LETS STOP USING 'RACE' AND JUST SAY HUMAN BEINGS.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Not a day goes by that I am not thankful I left the United states. I left precisely because of this piddily type crap right here. Jesus, a bunch of microaggression butthurts around every G-d damned corner, policing every little thing someone says or does to levels so absurd it is now far beyond reason.

Everyone thinking they are somehow special, somehow a messianic answer to the social woes of the world. Give me a break!
Everytime I go back to the west its a little worse, a little more worn away. From the inside I suppose everyone thinks they are making some kind of progression toward an all glorious utopian type society (whether people want it or not) where everyone can use text speak and hashtag cute phrases and wear shirts that say things like " Stop the H8" so you know they are extra trendy.
In reality, and contrary to what may be believed, its a big Efing joke... It is not only obviously insane on many levels, but just pathetic as well.

I am exceedingly happy to accept a lower quality of life in place of the high levels of Bull S**t that is the west with the epicenter being the USA. At least where I live now, people have legitimate issues to consider and simply don't have time to get butt hurt over every little micro aggression that comes their way. Perspective changes everything....

Good bye and riddance!

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
I'm just tired of being vilified for being white.

Sheet you tired!... try being Black

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
Ignorance, no. Reverse racism, yes.

You do understand that what you take for granted as just history is mainly about folks of European extraction aka white folks don't you! and that for grantedness is considered "The norm" everyone else is on the periphery or exotic.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
And that's what Black History month is celebrating, and it is one of the reason I am for the term African American as opposed to "Black",

I know quite a few black people who hate the term African American, one who is militaristic almost and will go off on people calling her that, because it's ignorant to assume that she is from Africa just because of her skin color.

I'll stick with calling black people black, and white people white.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

And that's what Black History month is celebrating, and it is one of the reason I am for the term African American as opposed to "Black",

I know quite a few black people who hate the term African American, one who is militaristic almost and will go off on people calling her that, because it's ignorant to assume that she is from Africa just because of her skin color.

I'll stick with calling black people black, and white people white.

I know of many also but that's neither a true description of most western ""Black" skin color and although it's used in an ethnic sense it's rather meaningless, plus African American do not say one is straight from Africa only that there is a connection, and I have yet to hear an Asian American calling themselves Yellow American, it just don't roll of the tongue right.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Not racist. Why shouldn't he be allowed to show pride in his background? On his own property, no less. He's right, the anti-whites who opposed it are the real racists for discriminating against his ethnicity. What happened to equality? Or is that strictly reserved for blacks now? And you lot that talk of whites having no heritage are closet racists of the highest calibre.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

They view Asia as their ancestral home. Go back a few generations and that is where they came from. There are many black people who do not view Africa as a homeland in the slightest. They could be of aboriginal origin. They have literally zero connection to Africa.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Of the whole thing being ridiculous the bit that I find the most stupid is the fact that apparently a lower case t is racist because it looks like a cross that the KKK used... wtf.

Is there a ship to get off this planet yet? If so where can I buy tickets?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

They view Asia as their ancestral home. Go back a few generations and that is where they came from. There are many black people who do not view Africa as a homeland in the slightest. They could be of aboriginal origin. They have literally zero connection to Africa.

I'd like to see their genetic data,but of course those who don't wished to see Africa as their ancestral homeland despite what ever evidence is to the contrary are free to do so this is the beauty of the American part of the hyphen.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I'd like to see their genetic data,but of course those who don't wished to see Africa as their ancestral homeland despite what ever evidence is to the contrary are free to do so this is the beauty of the American part of the hyphen.

This has nothing to do with America. If you want to go way back in time I am African American. We all came from Africa at some point right? Everyone is African American. See how ridiculous that is?

Why would someone who can trace their roots to Australia for THOUSANDS of years and has NO TRACE to Africa be considered African American? We are talking 75,000 years with no connection to Africa. How is that African American?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Black Americans can trace their history to Africa just as white American can trace their ancestry to Europe. Its really not a difficult concept.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedog1973
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Black Americans can trace their history to Africa just as white American can trace their ancestry to Europe. Its really not a difficult concept.

White Americans can trace it to Africa too. How many years back do we go?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I have yet to hear an Asian American calling themselves Yellow American, it just don't roll of the tongue right.

If there's one thing our mixed-pot US culture is, it's inconsistent, thanks to the efforts to not offend anyone. And I am inconsistent as to what I call people, too.

I don't call myself "European American", I say I'm a white girl. I know that doesn't represent my Scotch/Irish/Native American heritage, but I don't care to be identified as that - I'm so far removed from that, because many generations of my family have been born here.

I usually don't specify skin color, unless I find it relevant. And then, I use "black" and "white", simply because most of the black people I know have been born here, like me. I had an African boyfriend (born and raised in Africa) and to me, he was also black. It was never an issue with him.

If it's relevant, I call brown people "Latino", yellow people "Asian" and red people "Native American". If anyone is offended by any of that, they can deal with their offense or let me know. I'm not going to walk on eggshells because I might offend, nor will I get butt-hurt about someone asking to be called something else.

But my general position is that we're all American (if born or raised here), so why differentiate by cultures that most aren't even that familiar with? On the other hand, I LOVE learning about and immersing myself in cultures of other countries. I live in the Southwest and love the traditional art, food and customs of Mexico.

I don't use the term African/American, simply because heritage isn't very important to me. Maybe one day, we'll have a consistent labeling scheme that offends no one, but I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowen20
Not a day goes by that I am not thankful I left the United states. I left precisely because of this piddily type crap right here. Jesus, a bunch of microaggression butthurts around every G-d damned corner, policing every little thing someone says or does to levels so absurd it is now far beyond reason.

Everyone thinking they are somehow special, somehow a messianic answer to the social woes of the world. Give me a break!
Everytime I go back to the west its a little worse, a little more worn away. From the inside I suppose everyone thinks they are making some kind of progression toward an all glorious utopian type society (whether people want it or not) where everyone can use text speak and hashtag cute phrases and wear shirts that say things like " Stop the H8" so you know they are extra trendy.
In reality, and contrary to what may be believed, its a big Efing joke... It is not only obviously insane on many levels, but just pathetic as well.

I am exceedingly happy to accept a lower quality of life in place of the high levels of Bull S**t that is the west with the epicenter being the USA. At least where I live now, people have legitimate issues to consider and simply don't have time to get butt hurt over every little micro aggression that comes their way. Perspective changes everything....

Good bye and riddance!

We are having a discussion here. And yeas we understand it is\may a big deal in internet chatter because it happened in the U.S. Nothing we can do about that.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

What does a black person in England call themselves? And African United Kingdomer?

The whole -American thing is a retarded meme.

Edit to add: I see BH just posted exactly what I was trying to convey, thanks.

edit on 22-4-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Okay Im throwing a challenge to all, pls tell me the point of origin of the so-called current black populous in the Americas, when did they arrived on the shores of the New land, is there any linguistic and cultural connection to the old continent, is it a bad or good thing to reforged broken linkages to the old continent for cultural economic and spiritual reasons??..as is done with just about every non "black" populous that resides in the Americas, possible exception first world nations folks who self I.D as springing from earth .

AugustusMasonicus I am guessing depending on their point of origins Afo-Caribbean, Afro-Brit or simply Black Brit, if they are old or new line, whatever they work out have to forge their own identity Iam down with, it is a complex issue.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I can't say that I'm for the term African American, honestly 80% of them have never been to Africa so how are they African American?

I know who're people here in the US from johanasburg , they are identified as white even tho they truly are African American

All that pc title does is further divide....and trust me I know about divide

I'm a gay professional woman in a traditionally male dominated industry, I get it but I also have some common sense

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I would spend my money in his store. Too bad he wasn't around here. All the people I know would frequent his establishment. Yell all of your hate filled racist rants if you want. I shut that # off because it's useless.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join