It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pedestrians and Crossing the Street

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: opethPA

And what of the moron drivers glued to their phones? I can't tell you how many times someone's not paid attention while I had the right of way because their face was buried in their device & nearly hit me. This is a two-way ranting street, Opeth, drivers are not anywhere near as road rules perfect as you're trying to make them out to be. The hazards to a pedestrian by way of a distracted DRIVER are far more than the slowpoke texter in the crosswalk is to the impatient driver.

You must remember a road is a road/ a cross walk is a cross walk/ a side walk is a side walk/....They all have their own rules and if you want to live you better know them.
Nobody has the right to just step out into traffic without the right of way.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

And what of the moron drivers glued to their phones? I can't tell you how many times someone's not paid attention while I had the right of way because their face was buried in their device & nearly hit me. This is a two-way ranting street, Opeth, drivers are not anywhere near as road rules perfect as you're trying to make them out to be. The hazards to a pedestrian by way of a distracted DRIVER are far more than the slowpoke texter in the crosswalk is to the impatient driver.

It would take all of about 5 seconds to find previous posts by me where I complain about drunk-high-texting-distracted drivers and how selfish they are.

This isn't a rant about that though.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

opethPA, I was driving a few hours ago in bumper to bumper traffic out here on the freeway in occupied California, and I looked over and I seen this gal with her face in her god damn phone. I mean it wasn't stopped, it was stop and go you know what I mean? She would look down, and then quickly look up, then look down and quickly look up.

She even managed to look over at me because I thanked her for letting me over. I realized she only let me over cause her head was up her rear end and she was causing more traffic. So I just shook my head at her. She continued on though, as clueless as can be. These imbeciles are everywhere out here. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

If I realize that my crossing the street is making you mad and anxious, I'll slow down even further. Get a grip. You don't own the road. If you are in a hurry, then you should have planned better and left earlier.

Get your face out of your phone while you're crossing the street, and maybe then you won't end up splattered all over the asphalt. ~$heopleNation

I don't walk with my phone in my face. I DO however regularly walk my dog.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I don't walk with my phone in my face. I DO however regularly walk my dog.

Well hopefully you bring a rubber glove and a bag with you when you do.

~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

I have a little attachment to my retractable leash that holds about 15 doggy pickup bags. It's just annoying when my dog decides that he is tired, stops where he is walking, and pretends that he is taking a dump. Yes he has tried that in the middle of the street before.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I have a little attachment to my retractable leash that holds about 15 doggy pickup bags. It's just annoying when my dog decides that he is tired, stops where he is walking, and pretends that he is taking a dump. Yes he has tried that in the middle of the street before.

Well at least you're a responsible dog owner, I have watched people just let their dog poop on my lawn, and when I ask them hey can you please pick that up they give me a dirty look. So after they leave I pick it up, walk down the street and throw it on their lawn. One nice lady said that she would come back and pick it up, and she did.

Anyway I got more tolerance for a dog stopping in the middle of the street than I do for a human. Know why? Because the dog doesn't do it on purpose, he's just smelling some bubble gum or food that some other idiot tossed out of their car window. ~$heopleNation

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join