It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you help us understand what happened to our friend, Dan?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Your friend Dan is demon possessed and needs deliverance with the help of a spiritual professional.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

No kidding...

But trying to describe the situation creates some obtuse remarks... I still find it amazing this stuff happens.. .heck it's amazing anything happens, but ... see? Obtuse, qualifying remarks and tangents, again.

Maybe a pithy "it's complex" works?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

No kidding...

But trying to describe the situation creates some obtuse remarks... I still find it amazing this stuff happens.. .heck it's amazing anything happens, but ... see? Obtuse, qualifying remarks and tangents, again.

Maybe a pithy "it's complex" works?

Stick with complex lol.
Demons are super natural entities, angles are post Roman Germanic settlers in Britain. ( probably obtuse )

In a humorous mood today, no offense intended my friend.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Yes and Belial being an Hebrew name for satan, how creative!

Bel is Hebrew for Lord, while Yael translates to Ibex. Therefore, Belial may literally refer to a horned idol. It's also worth noting that the Yale is a Royal symbol. Makes me think of Molok...

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: VigiliaProcuratio

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Yes and Belial being an Hebrew name for satan, how creative!

Bel is Hebrew for Lord, while Yael translates to Ibex. Therefore, Belial may literally refer to a horned idol. It's also worth noting that the Yale is a Royal symbol. Makes me think of Molok...

Yale uni? Any connection?
If you take a step back you can see all the intertwined history and symbology.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I was too sleepy to realize how humorous your remark was... but did and edited the post for angle to angel.. .sheesh... and it takes a rather lot to "offend" me... regards.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

I was too sleepy to realize how humorous your remark was... but did and edited the post for angle to angel.. .sheesh... and it takes a rather lot to "offend" me... regards.

May as well have a laugh with the little time we all have left.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
Honestly, I'd be fine thinking that Dan was just crazy if it hadn't been for seeing that weird stuff. Also, Dan acted fairly sane when he wasn't freaking out, but still acted WAY different than he used to before the ouija board.

There is no clear boundary between the paranormal and psychological states. Think about it, mystics and magicians can succumb to insanity, seers can be schizophrenics and vice-versa.

You chose to dabble with powers beyond your understanding and there are always consequences to it. All the folklore tales and popular wisdom warn about this, for a reason.

The first thing I would recommend to you is to inform yourself more on what you choose to explore because knowledge is power. Since you choose to play with spirits, and the world of spirits is full of deception and tricksters, I recommend you read the still unsurpassed bibles of spiritism; the books of Allan Kardec. They are still perfectly valid and modern for such old books, and they were written during the great spiritism fad so the author had more than plenty of experience to study and research the topic.

I recommend The Spirit's book and The Medium's Book.

The first because it's important for you to learn there is a whole menagerie of beings beyond the physical world. Are they memes in our brains? Are they spirits and ghosts? Are they alien entities? It doesn't matter what they are, what matters is how they behave and how they can influence humans. Because their main power is the power of belief. To make human believe they can overpower us, while they cannot. They can only let us believe so, so we will let our guard down and allow them to manipulate us. These entities can not physically harm people, they need to use mediums to do so (possessed people, animals). Also they cannot possess us unless we believe they can. It's very similar to the process happening with hypnosis. It's all suggestion and manipulation, yet it's incredibly powerful, suggestion can heal and kill.

All these things, the paranormal, the spirits, psychosis, hypnosis, all these things have one thing in common: our brain, the way it works, the way we construct our reality through beliefs.

The second book because it's now obvious after reading all your stories that the medium in this case is you. The medium is often a young person who suffered a lot during childhood and still has difficulties to manage his/her emotions. All these paranormal things happened around you and were focused on you. Also your eating disorder only increased the frequency and strength of these experiences by leaving you not grounded enough. I hope you took good notice of my previous advice and really tried to seek help quickly for these eating problems.

So IF you truly want to control these freaky experiences better and make sure they don't happen anymore, there aren't many solutions; either you force your subconscious to believe it's all gone, that's what exorcism/hypnosis/magic is about (remember the power of belief above, well it works also to heal things), but if you feel you are too critical and cannot fool yourself into believing it's all over, then there is another solution: learning to master and control your emotions and consciousness better. It's the long traditions of all mystical practices aimed at controlling better your body,heart and mind. Yoga, meditation, sport, etc... The state of your body/mind and these paranormal experiences are all connected. If you are in a better health psychologically and physically, you are better equipped to resist these things, and you will cause them less often (yes, even when you heard sound in the house, you somehow caused it, being the medium for these experiences).

I know it sounds a bit outlandish but trust me, this is all coming from a very cartesian and critical person. I'm an engineer and studied sciences for years. But I also had strange experiences years ago and studied the paranormal for more than 15 years to understand it, dabbling in many disciplines.

They are all different, but they are all connected. It's all about our mind and the way it works. It would be foolish to assume neuroscience perfectly understand how the mind works today and its effect on reality. If you want to control these things, learn to control your mind, and to control your mind, learn to control your body and emotions.

Regarding Dan, I will simply say this; I never preferred a more paranormal or a more scientific explanation. To me they are the same things using different words. To some your buddy is obviously possessed, to others he is obviously experiencing psychosis. To me they are both right. Since both have strong social stigma attached, I cannot recommend one solution or another. A psychiatric help is valuable. A spiritual help can be too. I think the most important is to understand that THERE IS NOT A POWER CONTROLLING HIM. He is almost unwillingly participating in this, either from being manipulated by something/someone, either by his own hand by allowing the belief that he is possessed to enter him. We can get exactly the same symptom through hypnosis and not by chance. He is mainly the puppet of his own beliefs, and probably believed you guys truly summoned Belial. Belial like all demons is an idea, a thoughtform, an archetype. He only as the power you think he has.

All these paranormal things are scary and mysterious. But studying them also reveal the way they work and how to control them. Always stay critical, your consciousness is supreme and no one can force you to do something you don't want to. Same goes for Dan. Maybe you'll find a way to teach him too, or maybe you will have to rely on the help and love of his family and other people. I have no easy solution for this unfortunately.

My only advice is and remains this: Knowledge is power. Know yourself. Know "them". Know how it all relates.

Gnothi Seauton.
edit on 21-4-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
There is so much wrong with this story I am not even going to start except to point out that the demon wasn't a demon but Satan himself Wow. Dan must really rate. Please!

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
There is so much wrong with this story I am not even going to start except to point out that the demon wasn't a demon but Satan himself Wow. Dan must really rate. Please!

Na I was busy that year with George dubya, probably my bro Azazel, he likes the name Dan for some reason......

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: EA006
Yale uni? Any connection? If you take a step back you can see all the intertwined history and symbology.

“Established to train Connecticut ministers in theology and sacred languages”

אורים ותמים - Urim & Thummim - does this mean “Illumination, Divination”?

George Bush (Sr. and Jr.), John Kerry, Bill and Hilary Clinton all went there, as did Samuel Morse. Tony Blair also has links.

Looks like the Latter Day Saints also have links to Yale, which would explain the motto and the fact that Jospeh Smith used “seer stones”.

Not exactly connections to Ba'al or the likes, but it's striking no less.

edit on 21st April 2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because:  

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: VigiliaProcuratio

originally posted by: EA006
Yale uni? Any connection? If you take a step back you can see all the intertwined history and symbology.

“Established to train Connecticut ministers in theology and sacred languages”

אורים ותמים - Urim & Thummim - does this mean “Illumination, Divination”?

George Bush (Sr. and Jr.), John Kerry, Bill and Hilary Clinton all went there, as did Samuel Morse. Tony Blair also has links.

Looks like the Latter Day Saints also have links to Yale, which would explain the motto and the fact that Jospeh Smith used “seer stones”.

Not exactly connections to Ba'al or the likes, but it's striking no less.

Nice reply, thanks.

I'll look into this further.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

Stupidly...a door hard to close was opened. Forget all of your walls of text. The single factoring catalyst was the device.

Not a toy, not a game, not innocent in any way.

So much so....Im not giving this subject anymore energy...get rid of all those boards everyone.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Can you help us understand what happened to our friend, Dan?

So there you have it. An internet discussion forum has provided the answer. Pick one:

A. Dan is demon possessed.
B. Dan is mentally ill.
C. There's nothing wrong with Dan. It's all a figment of your imagination.
D. Dan, along with the other male friends, hoaxed the events. They were trying to impress you so you would like them.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
yikes. i remember reading your original beast of bray road encounter thread. I believed you then and I believe you now.

i'm sorry to say but, the blacked out eyes are a telling sign of demonic oppression/possession.

Manifestation

In this stage a person will unintentionally invite the demonic force in. There are said to be many different ways to on how this can happen, most commonly is playing with the Ouija board, performing séances and tarot cards. The demon will be attracted to the weak minded, low self esteem type individual. It is also said that people who are alcoholics, drug addicts and sex addicts are easy targets as well.

Infestation

At this level the demon will start using what may seem like typical intelligent haunting signs. The demon may present itself as the ghost of a loved one or even an angel. The point is to gain trust, so the demonic may influence the person and finally take full control. Some signs of demonic infestation include rapping’s, shadows and shadow like figures that move with no explanation, the sounds of footsteps, weird liquids the seep through the floor or walls.

Oppression

When an individual is under demonic oppression the demon starts to effect the person psychologically, psychically and emotionally. The purpose is to cause the individual to give up the fight or will to live and damn their soul, it said this can be accomplished by suicide.

Possession

When an individual hits this level it is called full possession. The demon or devil now has control over the individual thoughts, emotions and behavior. The evil is frequently in charge if not constantly. If or when the person is in control of their body they usually hear evil voices either threatening them or telling them what do at all times. There are millions of people going through this in silence all the time, i've been through it myself and it's no fun. on the infestation part sometimes the demons don't even present themselves, they just disguise themselves as a person's own thoughts. the demons can just sit in your head and give you thoughts and feelings to manipulate you to do what they want, when a person hits this point they are half possessed. they have some control of their body but occassionally the demon tries to add a little more of their personality into the host body, like parasites.

above are the steps of demonic possession. your friend needs help, but he has to want it himself. the possessing entity will try its damnedest to separate and isolate your friend from everyone and everything he knows and loves.

i'm curious though about the beast you saw with the red hooded sweatshirt. was it like a wolf, 4 legs? tail? and wearing a hoodie with it arms/legs through the arm holes? was it solid or was it see through? what kind of sense did you get from it? do you think it was something associated with your friends issues? or part of the thing attached to your friend?

i think you and your friends should trust your instinct. you know something is wrong, and still wrong. and it's not your friend just being "weird" or "crazy".

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Hey guys! Im here to make a quick reply and to clear up some things hopefully. I am the Kelson from the OP and im here to say believe it or not this happened. It's hard to believe and let me tell you, if I hadn't been there for most of this I wouldn't believe it either.

First, for those who believe that we (Dan, Kevin and I) faked these events in order to impress Rukia, I can assure you that that is not true for Kevin and I. As for Dan I can not say. He might have been since he was the newest member of our "group" so maybe he hoped to impress us but it was obviously not working so if he was doing to impress he would have stopped.

Second, he did (does?) Have a past history of depression. According to him he tried to kill himself three times in the past. The only one he really told me about was the last te where he swam out to the middle of a lake and just planned on floating until he drowned.
When I first met him in high school, he was prone to random outbursts where he would randomly wave his hands violently at someone (sometimes at a random person but usually whoever he was talking to or was in close proximity) and shouting random gibberish and such. It was never serious and he would go right back to normal. After the ouija board he continued to do these things but sometimes they would take a darker turn. The most memorable time I experienced this was when we were in his garage chilling and suddenly he turns to me with a very menacing face and starts muttering under his breath in a very strange guttural language. Dan is only fluent in English but this sounded like an actual language, not a random made up language that repeats sounds and has no grammar or fluency. At first I just kind of go with it with an awkward look on my face while Rukia just looks on. Finally I tell him to stop and he suddenly shakes his head as if he's coming out of a trance, with a confused look on his face until he recovers a moment later.

Sorry to cut short but I have things that must be done so I shall continue at a later time. I will also try to address any concerns or questions anyone may have.
Thank you for reading and sorry for any grammar and/or spelling errors.

God Bless

a reply to: ColeYounger

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
To everyone, trolls included, thank you for your participation thus far. Thank you especially to those of you who have offered helpful and thoughtful input! And major props to those of you who believe us--it means a lot to me that you believe us about what happened.

>> Firstly, with regards to those of you who wondered why we did not obtain viable proof in the form of recordings or videos despite all of us having means to do so:

> He was our FRIEND. I remember one time we actually were laughing about how we should probably be taping this all and then we thought about it and were like as if we'd ever want to tell anyone about this really! It would have been so embarrassing for Dan, it would ruin the value of his house--and possibly neighborhood, and it would honestly do you no good to see it. I think I gave you all plenty of detail--I am great with recall of memories and can replay them as I like in my head. I suppose it's called having eidetic memory, but I can't remember everything--like I'll remember the page in the textbook, but it won't be the one that I need, maybe, because I didn't focus on that other one long enough or whatever.

But I think you'll understand when I say that when # like this happens to you in real life, it blows your mind. You are in the midst of simply struggling to DEAL WITH IT. You don't think about wanting to film it because YOU NEVER EVER EVER EVER WANT TO SEE IT EVER AGAIN. When really messed up things happen, I think the real rule should be pics and it def did NOT happen. Because you just wait and see--if you're ever in my shoes, pictures will be literally the LAST thing on your mind.

>> Yes, moral of the story: DON'T MESS WITH THINGS THAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. ESPECIALLY THINGS LIKE OUIJA BOARDS. ESPECIALLY AFTER YOU'VE JUST HAD A WEIRD ENCOUNTER WITH A SUPPOSEDLY MYTHICAL BEAST. YEAH. Definitely not one of my brightest moments, that is for sure. I tried to fix what I'd done. But it seems like if Dan won't help I can't force him. I don't know what to do. I'm no exorcist, obviously. We couldn't even finish reading the Bible in his house one time. Kelson and Kevin couldn't keep sitting up straight and they couldn't keep reading. I kept reading but it became harder and harder till eventually I could not keep reading either. And then there was Dan in his chair smiling a kind smile that did not reach his eyes.

Basically, even though we don't want to admit it, we agree wholeheartedly and know already that Dan is most certainly demon possessed. To those of you who scoff at this, you are fully in your own right to do so. However, I have no reason to lie to you. And I assure you that I'm very thorough. I have gone through every list of every symptom, read about roman catholic exorcist rites, studied extensively into demonology and have prayed a whole heck of a lot. I have cried a lot too. Because I feel so frustrated and useless and unable to save my friend. It's awful. For all of us--especially Kelson, who was friends with him for especially long.

I'm sorry if I suck at delivering the account of what happened. I figure I need to get it out somehow though, otherwise I'd probably never really make heads or tails of it all lol

Now that I have, though, I have come to realize some things and have come to a bit of a better understanding of the situation as a whole.

Please, keep your thoughts on this coming. Anything might help. We live in southeastern wisconsin. Near Holy Hill. I'd prefer to get catholic intervention because they do have the original correct OG literature on the matter of demons and exorcisms. But obviously that's basically impossible because Dan's not in the picture at the moment and I'm personally still a bit too chicken to jump back down the rabbit hole. I like not being in a haunted place. If I have a solution, fine, but I am NOT going back to my friend EMPTY HANDED. I go big or go home. I'm either gonna help save him or I'm going to wait till I figure out how. Immature as that may be of me.

We love Dan. We haven't given up hope that he's still in there, somewhere. And that he can and will hopefully come back somehow. Seeing him happy would make me happy, too.
edit on 21-4-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KingKelson

lol kelson if we're using our names here you might as well just call me liane xD

You're a wonderful wonderful friend, my dear sir!
edit on 21-4-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

originally posted by: KingKelson Second, he did (does?) Have a past history of depression. According to him he tried to kill himself three times in the past. The only one he really told me about was the last te where he swam out to the middle of a lake and just planned on floating until he drowned.
When I first met him in high school, he was prone to random outbursts where he would randomly wave his hands violently at someone (sometimes at a random person but usually whoever he was talking to or was in close proximity) and shouting random gibberish and such. It was never serious and he would go right back to normal.

Sounds like Dan has had some issues for a long time and you've chosen to attribute his struggles with mental health and depression as some sort of demonic possession. Schizophrenia, bipolarism and other mental health issues are known to manifest at the onset of early adulthood.

originally posted by: rukia We haven’t really seen him in three years.

3 years is a little excessive amount of time to wait to help a friend.

He had odd switches in personality, as I said, and the last time that we hung out we had a great time and left on great terms, the next day he wanted nothing more to do with us.

Quite often, when people seemingly push you away, they're really hoping that you'll help them more than ever.
But then, perhaps he feels that instead of understanding him and wanting to be his friend, you'd rather consider him demon-possessed. How would you feel if someone suggested that you were riddled with demons?

We love Dan. We haven't given up hope that he's still in there, somewhere. And that he can and will hopefully come back somehow. Seeing him happy would make me happy, too.

Honestly, at this point, I'm starting to think Dan might be better off without you.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

At the same time, I bet he's crushed that he lost his friends.
I picture a young man tormented with his personal mental health issues that he struggles with on a daily basis.
I bet he's cried alone that no one likes him or wants to be around him any longer and frequently wonders what he did wrong to make his friends go away for 3 years.
Maybe he got overly excited about your little adventure and played along a little too much.
Maybe his friends convinced him that he's possessed by demons and now he doesn't know what's wrong with him anymore. That would be a difficult thing for his family to deal with.
I bet that he's pretty sad to be in a small town, rural area with no friends that will take the time to understand him.
If he has bipolar or schizophrenic tendencies, that would completely explain the sudden change in behavior as well.

I urge you to focus on your studies and learn more about the subject of mental health.

Do you want to help your friend? Do you reaaally love him?

Then this is what you need to do:

1. Throw out these ridiculous and deranged notions of demon possession. There is no such thing. Admit to yourselves that you know better. Be adults and acknowledge your mistake. Your friend is not possessed. Accept that.
If you can't do this, just walk away from it all.

2. If you can do this, then you need to go to his home and apologize profusely for ignoring him for the last 3 years. Tell him how wrong you were to ever suggest that he might be possessed if you did that. Admit you've been crappy friends to him and let him know you want to make it up to him if he'll let you.

3. If you, even one time, mentioned it to other people that you/he knew that he might be possessed as a result of your activities, do the right thing and set the record straight to those people. If you started rumors, end them with your apologies. I hate the thought that you may have spread these notions of demon possession to other people in town, alienating your friend even further from having a normal life. As it is, you've already provided quite a bit of detail on a public internet forum.

4. Take your friendship seriously. Know that time spent with your friend Dan might involve trying a little harder to understand his situation and dealing with his issues whether they are truly a mental health condition or just a man who's had a hard time fitting in. Spend time with him. Include him in your lives. Make it right.

5. NEVER bring up the subject of demon possession again. Drop it completely and forever, knowing your friend is just another human struggling in this world with the rest of us.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join