It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is ATS so Right Wing?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman

Show me where I defended the system.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: olaru12

I knew it was someone's fault! YOU!

It's all your fault!

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

My fault? My GF ignores me, my dog won't come when I call, but I can still influence tptb with just a vote?

btw...I still vote, but have no illusions that anything will change nationally; And little hope that I can affect change in my little village or county.

However I'm employed parttime by the local GOP Media team covering all our local Republican contenders in their arranged public appearances. They pay well, so I keep my mouth shut. "Discretion is the better part of Valor"
edit on 21-4-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I think my calling should be writing campaign songs for politicians.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Show me where I defended the system.

I said "like".

You claim it exists elsewhere and would be difficult to change. OK? What is your point then? Stating the obvious?

Changes don't happen easily folks. You have to fight for them sometimes.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
(what rhymes with "I want to punch you in the face")

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I outlined the process that would need to take place and I fully support it.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

If you do I'll spray your face with mace
edit on 21-4-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I outlined the process that would need to take place and I fully support it.

Sorry for me misreading you then

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

This is awesome!

I'm currently writing a campaign song for Palin when she runs.

It's called "Punch a baby kitten in the face for Jesus"

You can help with the lyrics!

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

'You gotta bash its skull 'cause freedom could leave us'

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

A "civilized" state is not supposed to put anything into place for it's citizens without the consent of the governed. I don't recall Obama asking if we wanted an individual mandate to buy health insurance. He seemed pretty sure that was the wrong way to go way back in the day when he was begging for votes.

Then why do you agree with mandatory conscription, taxes, speed limits, ...
Juhrman and I come from one of the few country where the absolute minimal amount of self-responsibility for a citizen is mandatory : voting. I guess we don't consider ourselves enslaved by that, but that you opposed the idea when in popped up recently in the US actuality.
About taxes, we are #5 in the top 10 countries with highest taxes. But that's not for the wealthiest, just the upper middle class, the wealthiest can benefit for creative fiscal engineering schemes. So does the US ... ever heard of Delaware ?

The whole thing is very hypocrite ... Who is the target - who benefits regulation/deregulation ?

Because voting is not something you want to force people to do. Why would you want to force someone who doesn't even know who the candidates are to vote for them? That's a guaranteed way to make sure you have no real decision at all. All the best tyrannies have mandatory voting, too. And their leaders always win with 90+% of the vote because they're so popular! A vote means nothing if you can't back it up with real knowledge and intent which is why you also don't vote below a certain age.

As to mandatory conscription ... You must not understand the idea behind the draft. We are not Israel where everyone has to serve in the army no matter what right out of high school. The only people in the armed forces are the people who volunteer to serve. There hasn't been a draft since Vietnam and it was grossly unpopular. Most in the military wouldn't ever want to see the draft instituted because then they would have to serve alongside those who don't want to serve too. Would you want to trust your life to that?

No, selective service is an emergency measure only. It's mainly only talked about as a political rhetorical tool these days, but it's there is there were ever a truly great military emergency because the will of the people would have to endorse the need. It would take a truly great catastrophe for that, and if we ever got to that, odds are that we would have long volunteer lines anyhow.

As for taxes, no one likes them, and there are candidates who are talking about getting them changed to a different system, but I see plenty of people who laugh at those candidates who have opened that dialogue. It is a "Republican Conservative Right Wing" thing you see to want to change the tax code.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
" Why is ATS so Right Wing? "

Maybe the failures of Left Wing policies have something to do with it.

The old stand-by arguments get stale as they fail.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

This is awesome!

It's called "Punch a baby kitten in the face

Do what's right for the human race and the saviour the saviour the saviour

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Because voting is not something you want to force people to do.

I both agree and disagree. There are both pros and cons. The main con is that as said previously, it's always the extremes which are the more vocal, the ones who vote. The majority who doesn't care, by not voting, gives their voices to the extremes.

And it's not true mandatory voting helps tyranny. The example you talk about are when the elections are obviously rigged. In most countries where voting is mandatory it actually leads to multiple parties systems (which I believe are better than 2 parties system favored by 2 turns voting system).

I will leave this thread by saying this. It's good to be critical of the government, but if you did not vote out of choice, you are not in a position to make any form of criticism about an election result you took no part in.
edit on 21-4-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

This is awesome!

You can help with the lyrics!

It needs a line about tree-hugging. 'They keep bugging me with their tree-hugging, those drugging hippies plugging their bleeding heart, chugging their etc.'

👣

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
There are both left and right leaning members who post on a regular basis here. I dare say the leftists are more...vocal.

That being said, you are going to be hearing a lot from the right wing for the next few years, because 7 years of leftist policies have been a disaster teetering toward cataclysm.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

No, it is true that it does.

A person who does not want to vote and is basically forced to it will vote for the shallowest of reasons - the name and/or face they recall. That means all a candidate has to do is spread his or her name or face out the most, not argue the issues the best or anything else. In essence, we do not wind up with good leaders, we wind up with model headshots who have waged slick media campaigns of catchy slogans, cults of personality.

That means you can wind up with any old wolf in sheep's clothing, not someone who has been thoroughly vetted by the media or the people because most people are basically just voting for the book by its cover and they are compelled by penalty of law to do so.

That is tyranny; tyranny begets tyranny.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Ubuntu pun chew critten interface bejebus

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JUhrman

In most countries where voting is mandatory it actually leads to multiple parties systems (which I believe are better than 2 parties system favored by 2 turns voting system)

Those countries have proportional voting, we have first past the post.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Something worth noting:

Usually we tend not to pay as much attention to those that think/feel the same way we do, and notice the ones who don't. People who have differing views than us tend to stick out more

I'd say we have a pretty solid mix on ATS, whatcha think?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join