It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is ATS so Right Wing?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

Every Conservative I know has said they believe abortion is fine in rape, or incest cases.

Please explain Sarah Palin.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06
What do you consider far left?

Rationally, or in daily practice?

Rationally, I recognize that there aren't a huge number of far lefts in national elected offices. I do, however, consider Barbara Boxer, Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, and Al Gore to represent the extreme left, at least in terms of high profile extreme left.

In daily practice, taking personal emotional response and the "knee-jerk" into account, even Jim Demint sometimes seems left of center to me and Obama every so often does a great impersonation of a right-wing fascist. It's very personally subjective.
edit on 23-4-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Rationally, I recognize that there aren't a huge number of far lefts in national elected offices. I do, however, consider Barbara Boxer, Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, and Al Gore to represent the extreme left, at least in terms of high profile extreme left.

In daily practice, taking personal emotional response and the "knee-jerk" into account, even Jim Demint sometimes seems left of center to me and Obama every so often does a great impersonation of a right-wing fascist. It's very personally subjective.

You have a point, but I always thought of "far left" as not supporting NSA type stuff and corporate stuff, like Pelosi does and some of her ilk.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

The NSA are right up the Left's street. Big, overbearing governments love having files on people. But so does the Right. I'd say that any government not having files on people, probably makes governing (read: controlling) most difficult.

Nowadays, the likes of Google and Facebook, have done a better job of collating data on the world's citizens, than any government had done to date. And we all walked freely in to that, just as the world's obese, walk in to McDonalds.

We, stupidly, allowed ourselves to be hoodwinked

edit on 23-4-2015 by Meduzi because: I type like a dolt.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
You have a point, but I always thought of "far left" as not supporting NSA type stuff and corporate stuff, like Pelosi does and some of her ilk.

There's a disconnect between politics of the government and politics of the people. America does not have many (if any) politicians who embrace the politics of the people. NSA, Patriot Act, taxes, and war mongering are all cornerstones of the politics of the government. It's all about control over the pleebs, which all walks of government crave like vampires thirst for fresh blood. The only real difference between national politicans and their partisanship is largely integrated in personal rights and nanny state activities. The right side of the aisle generally supports Americans' God given right to either succeed or fail solely on their own while the left side ceilings success and floors failure, trying to protect Americans from themselves while ensuring they don't get too successful to still look towards the government for everything.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meduzi
a reply to: poncho1982

Every Conservative I know has said they believe abortion is fine in rape, or incest cases.

Please explain Sarah Palin.

Do I know her? No.

I know OF her.

I specifically said Conservatives I know.

I really don't care what she thinks, nor do I pay enough attention to her to know what she thinks.

Famous people are the exception to every rule.

Are we to judge Liberals by Russel Brand's example?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
according to the poll we are not right wing, problem solved

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
You are perceiving people here the wrong way.

If you believe our two-party system really runs the government, then you must be a newbie here.

Many people here, however, do favor smaller government and more personal liberty. These are traits supported by Republicans, supposedly.

Perhaps that is what you're sensing.

Liberals tend to want the government to babysit them and give them free Obama phones and health care.

I am a libertarian..and favor the rights of the individual.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Okay, wow. I finally made it through everything. There were a lot of points I wanted to touch on... wow.

So, first of all, I would like to make it known for those who don't know, that true Christians do not side with any christian political agenda. If you see a self-proclaimed Christian trying to legislate their conscience onto you - Bingo. Not a real one. Just one for politics.

Abortion is murder. But in the case of rape, I can easily understand the desire to destroy the baby, even if that saddens me a great deal. That whole situation is simply tragic.

Abortion is not about the mother's body anymore. Once the baby starts growing, it's living. That baby has rights and should be protected if we are also to say that we should legislate against child abuse. It's the same exact thing.

There are many babies born everyday that are sometimes even less than 1 pound in weight when they are born. Being to the Albany, NY NICU unit, I know. My third son was born 2 lbs. 6 oz. He was early enough that he could legally be killed in some states. But he came out with massive amounts of personality. I know that to hurt that baby is murder.

As well, I noticed many discrepancies in arguments here, even from the intelligent ones. People get tired, I know, but I felt like making a few points in that direction.

The poster from Brussels: You're intelligent and informed. I didn't see you actively state when a point caused you to change your mind a little, but I watched it happen in the tone of your address. That was nice to see for me, but I don't think everyone saw it the same way.

The poster with the Wii like avatar: You're intelligent and informed. You made a mistake in one post where you misinterpreted someone's statement about Benghazi. They said that Benghazi was -not fake-. You responded asking, "Why is Benghazi fake?" Miscommunication compounded from there. Go back and see again.

Beezer... you are the only poster who got a star from me. It was the post where you said something like "NON$EN$E." I wonder how many heads that post flew over?

The poster that posted the huge picture of the plotted points for presidential candidates as to their level of conservativeness based upon their public address, their financial backing, and their votes --- earlier, another poster had posted a graph which showed the 2-dimensionality of the political spectrum... LewLarLawSomethingorother with a coffee mug logo? He made a point that the 2 party system we have in the USA is Authoritarian anyway and that "left" and "right" are terms that merely refer to economic stance in this country. I believe that is true. Therefore, the graph with the plotted points of the presidential candidates only covers ECONOMIC points and not all points in the 2-dimensional political spectrum.

What else was there...?

Let me sum up a few things then until I remember more:

1) Forgive the "far right christian conservatives" for they know not what they do.
2) Forgive the "anti-God anti-Jesus because I hate FOX liberals" for they know not what they do.
3) A foreigner knows more about the politics of the U.S.A. than most politically vocal U.S. citizens (though, that's not hard)
4) Government should have nothing to do with fixing the environment, fixing your body, fixing your mind, pandering to your opinions, legislating race topics, legislating religion topics, sex topics, or any other subjective topic. Government is supposed to protect your ass from enemies foreign and domestic with pen, paper, voices, and rifles, if absolutely necessary. What you do among yourselves you should have grown up enough by now to do it right and with kindness. If someone knocks on your door offering you something like a vacuum cleaner or a copy of The Watchtower, say, "no thanks!" IF that's how you feel! Please don't whine. It's annoying. If someone says, "I'm gay!" and they're not in your church, then say, "I'm happy, too!" Why be so offended? If they're not claiming to be a brother or sister in Christ, then they're serving who they claim to serve already. It's not our job to judge the servants of another master. Your disgust with them is only going to make them feel like you think they're a monster... and why would a "monster" listen to you?
5) It was ALWAYS going to happen. The U.S.A. was always headed here and the builders knew it. They prophesied it in the founding documents. They told us what we should do. If we're not going to do what they said is necessary, then we certainly cannot really complain. (Thank you poster from Brussels for also pointing this out.)
6) I myself am not interested in a political upheaval for myself because I have enough wisdom to know that I cannot prepare a world for a thousand more descendants. Even if I were to assume there was no God, the rate at which I see social and technological evolution progressing, whatever world we create for our grandchildren will be destroyed for them and their own grandchildren won't even recognize the same planet as we do. For what purpose do we all strive against each other? The irony is that if everyone shut up with their opinions and learned to love and suffer in peace instead of retaliate and whine, then what I see as inevitable might become a mere possibility and then there might be a world worth keeping. I do not believe that is going to happen. The world is looking for its sacrificial lamb.
7) I am not conservative, I am not liberal, I am not any of those things. I will not vote for a bunch of people that I do not know personally. It's intellectually dishonest to go into a voting booth and hope that my research wasn't diluted with propaganda. I will only ever vote for someone that I've shared multiple drinks with - and that only if I know them well enough. And that only if I agree with their ideas. And that only if I believe they will follow through with them to the best of their ability, even with their nose staring down a barrel. I do not think government, even with all of its supposed power, has a true power over me. I love the people I want to love. I go where I want to go. I do what I want to do. I comply with laws to the extent that I find them reasonable. I do not set out to break any laws. I respect the rule of law. I respect the executors of the law. But I respect also higher reasoning and love. If any law is to interfere with the truth or with love, it is not a law, but an obstacle. A pen and paper can try to tell you what to do, but only your conscience can ever truly do that. A pen and paper can set rules for the officers to execute those rules, and they may execute; that is their job. But I will do what I will do and I will accept all of the blessings and curses that go along with that action. That is what it means to be an individual.

Whatever political party that puts me in, you decide. But I will say, I am my own government. And I have chosen God to bless my own personal government. Everyone else can make their own decisions. If anyone ever wants to have a coffee or a beer, then we'll meet. It'll be like two little sovereign countries getting together and having a good time.
edit on 4/23/2015 by TarzanBeta because: Oh. A word error.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I asked what you consider the far left. Like what policies . Not specific people, please.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss
You are perceiving people here the wrong way.

If you believe our two-party system really runs the government, then you must be a newbie here.

Many people here, however, do favor smaller government and more personal liberty. These are traits supported by Republicans, supposedly.

Perhaps that is what you're sensing.

Liberals tend to want the government to babysit them and give them free Obama phones and health care.

I am a libertarian..and favor the rights of the individual.

Liberals don't want to get free stuff from the government anymore then anyone else hates getting free stuff.

Liberals want a safety net to keep people from starving in the streets or worse rioting and stealing over basic necessities.

Republican policies don't make any sense on the long run. Play every policy out to it's logical conclusion and it's a disaster.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
while you may think ATS as a whole is right-wing, i know i'm not. my philosophical and social preferences and inclinations might easily be labelled 'leftie' but i consider myself neither left, right or centre. hence my determined non-voter status. your vote(s) is/are merely bit parts in a pointless facade of imagined choices.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

Why is ATS so Right Wing?

I don't know, that's a good question and I laughed pretty hard a few days ago when I saw your thread go up. You've been around for a while, so I am guessing that you didn't just allofasudden notice this, but that your question comes from experience with the members here and our posts.

The thing is the boards are populated with a bunch of crypto-conservatives.

They will tell you that they are "Libertarian", they're not. It's usually the ones that say "Libertarian" the quickest that have a hidden closet somewhere full of brown shirts.

That's why the poll will come out: "Libertarian", it sounds good to crypto-consevatives. Take it from me, I am one.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Meduzi

CAN you explain women at all?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Libertarians vote republican, republicans are pro patriot act, anti pro choice, anti gay marriage yet claim they are pro personal liberty. How are they pro personal liberty when they wish to make constitutional amendments limiting the current rights of women and minorities?

One Liberal or progressive mayor wants to restrict the size of soft drinks you can purchase to combat obesity (stupid idea IMO). While the prison for profit and prison labor industry is thriving in red states, just ask Bobby Jindal.

Libertarians tend to be most concentrated in republican states. Red states typically rank the worst in the nation in education, crime, poverty, and just about all categories that have a rank, then we wonder why they are so anti government. Yet they continue to vote the same party in year after year and wonder why nothing changes.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

The criteria for what is considered education, crime, and poverty is about numbers on a piece of paper. I was never asked my education, how much crime I committed, and in how much poverty I live. Odds are, unless they were specifically targeting me, I didn't factor into their numbers. Therefore, either I am extremely special, or many others are also not factored well into that obviously HUGE equation. Was Will Hunting there to solve it?

One of the most foolish things to do is to base any kind of graduation on a few percentile.

Can you imagine getting a paper back from school that said, "You went down from 7% to 6%! Shame on you."

Let's be reasonable here.

As for what libertarians are, I don't care who they are or what they are. But if you're going to claim that the states they live in actually are possessed of people that are less educated, more criminal, and less wealthy, then you've got a lot of work to do to prove that the libertarians or the "republicans" are the ones that are or are causing the less educated, the more criminal, and the less wealthy. You must consider, the U.S.A. is full of at least 375 million individuals. They might have some say in their own education (of course, not by statistical standards), their own criminality (not by the standards of conscience), and some, but to a lesser degree, their own wealth (not by the standards of merely monetary units).

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

There's a disconnect between politics of the government and politics of the people. America does not have many (if any) politicians who embrace the politics of the people. NSA, Patriot Act, taxes, and war mongering are all cornerstones of the politics of the government. It's all about control over the pleebs, which all walks of government crave like vampires thirst for fresh blood. The only real difference between national politicans and their partisanship is largely integrated in personal rights and nanny state activities. The right side of the aisle generally supports Americans' God given right to either succeed or fail solely on their own while the left side ceilings success and floors failure, trying to protect Americans from themselves while ensuring they don't get too successful to still look towards the government for everything.

Tho I agree with most of your post I think you left out the republican lead corporate welfare, wars, war on drugs and state lead extortion (red light cams, minor traffic infractions, exc,exc,exc)

When you add those to your (pretty fair) assessment of the political parties. I vote the dems are the lesser of two really bad choices.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I think It's because many on this site think of themselves as elitists. But that's just my humble opinion.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
You want a right-wing conspiracy site? Check out that Fraudlike Predictions or whatever it's called. The people on that site wonder why ATS is so flamingly liberal.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I believe that why most of the hate is pointed toward the Democrats is because it at least seems like they ARE a conspiracy. Since they lie about everything to our faces, allowing illegals in our country is a conspiracy. Benghazi is a conspiracy. Even Obamacare includes conspiracies. When the government hides things or lies about things...a conspiracy is born. We can tell when we are being lied to and that breeds suspicion. IMHO.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join