It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is ATS so Right Wing?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

So right wing? Really?

Is it that time again???

Me thinks you need to take a closer look at the posts around here.

If it's not a fifty fifty split, it's darned close.

Perhaps as you and others suggest it is my own bias that causes me to perceive a lot of conservatives. H

However, the polls indicate that might not be the case.

According to this recent poll....

Out of the top 10 most voted for options (which was more than 92% of the vote) NOT everyone, because that's too much math

-about 57% of people voted for republicans

-about 25% of people voted for "none of the above"

-less than 19% of people voted for democrats

So it seems to me that more people are republicans than democrats, at least who are politically interested enough to vote in forum polls. Do you disagree?

ps, I'm a seahawk fan too!

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Other people have already spoken more eloquently than I on this, but when I read the headline I just started laughing because, of course, to anyone the least bit right wing this site just screams left wing libs. Just depends on where you sit, I guess.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
There's two sides, one wants smaller govt and one wants bigger govt. liberals are the minority that want more govt interfering with daily life. Also you have to consider that the IRS. Targeted right wing and libertarian groups so yea naturally there are going to be more conservative individuals voicing their opinion.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
There's two sides, one wants smaller govt and one wants bigger govt. liberals are the minority that want more govt interfering with daily life. Also you have to consider that the IRS. Targeted right wing and libertarian groups so yea naturally there are going to be more conservative individuals voicing their opinion.

Err and Cons want governments under your beds to see who u do and how u do and what u do, into females wombs, bigger prisons, more military industry complex spending, messing with your weed, forcing your child to pray to the son God.
if needs be I can provide text to all the above upon request.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Just my 2cents .. But you all may not remember.. or have a short 'selective' memory; But this site was heavily left leaning.. Even the mods using banning to silence opposition.

Funny how bama turns out to be a turd and the left vanish.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeoStarchild
Just my 2cents .. But you all may not remember.. or have a short 'selective' memory; But this site was heavily left leaning.. Even the mods using banning to silence opposition.

Left vanishes? Thanks, Obama.

Of course, none of the blame belongs to an obstructionist, lying right.

👣

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeoStarchild

Odd..I didn't know I vanished? have search parties been sent out after me, as I am quite sure my family will be getting worried.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Because the Left do not see the end picture with their heads are up their butts

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

Only if you consider food stamps, welfare and medicaide interfering in people's lives..... Most would call that feeding and healing the poor....

The real world considers the war on drugs, anti abortion legislation and restricting MARRAIGE as interference... Because it actually is.....

"I shouldn't have to pay for that", is not a political party.... It's a straw man argument. And ridiculous considering the corruption and theivery the GOP chooses to ignore...

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arrow22
Because the Left do not see the end picture with their heads are up their butts

Says the climate denier?!??!? LOL!!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

Right wing? What are you smoking?! I will admit there is some right wing material on here, but it is generally FAR more liberal than I could ever personally condone.
edit on 21-4-2015 by bigrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Other people have already spoken more eloquently than I on this, but when I read the headline I just started laughing because, of course, to anyone the least bit right wing this site just screams left wing libs. Just depends on where you sit, I guess.

That's one way to look at it. The more accurate way to look at it, is the people here are so deeply enfranchised on the right, and are so far to that side of the spectrum that moderate right looks far left to them.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I agree with the guess that. ....
conspiracy types = anti government.
Anti government = anti party in power
Anti party in power = anti Obama

However I find discussions in threads 60% leftish vs 40% conservativish. That's just a guess from my perception tho.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
It's the paid, foreign trolls or the MIC.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I think the few here that are batsh*t crazy conservative tea party types are just louder. I don't think there are more.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Conservative people tend to be crazy (like christians!) therefore that are naturally attracted to conspiracy theories like a special kid to crayons...

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Because this a basically "liberal" media site, and Republicans can pay people to lurk and shill here.

The real question is, "Why are there so few liberal and open minded people on right-wing forums?"

The answer sucks, but sums it up.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory

The answer is sympathetic vibration, which "liberal" or "open-minded" people, are open to.
Conservatives are not, and have not only a "shield," but actually feed off of negativity.

"We" don't want to create accounts on sites we don't even like or agree with, with the sole intention of just yknow, f'n stuff up.

Some do, and that's the difference between "us" and "them."

The motto of ATS, and it's rules, are violated daily. I bet most "right wing" forums, are not.

Do you have an account on a right-wing forum? I don't either. There ya go.
edit on 22-4-2015 by KAOStheory because: ETA

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I've only been involved with conspiracy things since bush was pres, but in my experience there were a lot more liberals back then and a lot few conservatives... yet overall, the conspiracy community seems to always retain a right leaning bias. The conservatives seemed almost palpable uncomfortable with how many libs were among them too.

At least in my experience, it seems like when a terrible republican is in office, the right grumbles and the left screams.

When a terrible democrat is in office, the left doesn't even grumble, but the right screams bloody bat# #ing murder.

Part of me wonders if the right being so incredibly loud during these periods is a coping mechanism to compensate for the left being almost entirely quiet.

I consider myself more conservative than most liberals, but incredibly liberal on social issues, so this might be my own bias showing up.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join