It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman gunned down, handcuffed by police after she shot estranged husband who tried to kill her

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Anyafaj

When I read the title of your thread it sounds like she was handcuffed and then gunned down.

I didn't mean to mislead, I was going by the headline at Daily Fail. Sorry if it was misleading.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

No biggie..I was glad she at least wasn't shot after being handcuffed..it most definitely has happened.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

So why does the same article say she had a shotgun?

The article even says it was "presumably" her.

So maybe a different person?

Her soon to be ex broke into the back of the house with a pistol and a knife, so she grabbed a shotgun from the garage and shot him in the chest area with life threatening injuries before he could shoot her. Before or during this, she had her mom rush out of the house to a neighbors and dial 911 to get her away from any gunfire that might hit her from her soon to be ex. She had mentioned she was worried her ex might commit murder/suicide.

Woman shot in the hip

They say the woman’s estranged husband, Bradley Skinner, broke the glass out of a back door of the home to get inside. He had a pistol and large knife in his possession. Lisa has a protection order against Bradley.

Officers say Lisa armed herself with a shotgun then went into the garage. They say he followed her, then aimed his pistol at her. That’s when she fired the shotgun, hitting him in the chest and causing life-threatening injuries.

Police say they arrived on scene after the woman’s mother called 911 to report the home invasion and that officers heard the initial shots. They went to the garage where Lisa came out, still holding the shotgun. Officers commanded her to drop the gun, but they say she turned, pointing the weapon in the officer’s direction instead. The officer shot at her, hitting her in the hip.

edit on 4/21/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Ok, you seem to not be getting this.

The article you quoted says she pointed a gun at the police.

Your title implies that she was shot while handcuffed.

Kind of a major discrepancy right?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

No, it wasn't. This is the headline you linked to at "the daily fail"

Pictured: The moment homeowner is handcuffed after being gunned down by police after she shot estranged husband 'who broke into her house and tried to kill her' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

No biggie..I was glad she at least wasn't shot after being handcuffed..it most definitely has happened.

Sadly, God yes. Again, I honestly didn't mean to leave that impression, and it's probably too late to change it now.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

No, it wasn't. This is the headline you linked to at "the daily fail"

Pictured: The moment homeowner is handcuffed after being gunned down by police after she shot estranged husband 'who broke into her house and tried to kill her' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I also had to shorten it some in order for it to fit in the space.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Ok, you seem to not be getting this.

The article you quoted says she pointed a gun at the police.

Your title implies that she was shot while handcuffed.

Kind of a major discrepancy right?

And I apologized for misleading. Shall I grovel too m'lord?

Edit, does the title now satisfy m'lord?
edit on 4/21/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

"Handcuffed homeowner shot after she gunned down homeowner."

I did the same thing.

Pretty easy to promote an agenda, right?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Yes, thank you.

Your title now makes much more senses.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I did the same thing.

Now then you're wrong as she didn't shoot a homeowner as her soon to be ex did not live there. But nice try, continue to play the game and you might win a prize.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Yes, thank you.

Your title now makes much more senses.

How many senses, hearing, touch, smell, taste, etc...., or just common? Now I'm just teasing.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

You got me

Ah, the spirit of intellectual debate!

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I did the same thing.

Believe it or not, I wasn't promoting an agenda, just stunned that someone trying to protect themselves would quite literally would be shot by the cops. I mean, I get the cops have to protect themselves, but she just fired a shotgun and more than likely between shock and the blast of the gun had very little hearing and might not have heard them say drop the gun. She just had to protect herself after her soon to be ex aimed a gun at her. Yeah, aiming at a cop, not smart, but she more than likely wasn't thinking clearly. I feel for this woman doubly though, to shoot her in the hip, she might have problems there later in life.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

You got me

Ah, the spirit of intellectual debate!

I love a good debate. Especially one where all parties are enjoying the debate and no one argues.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I've never heard of that type of debate.

You a magician?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

I've never heard of that type of debate.

You a magician?

I'm a bit rusty, but I used to be able to hypnotize people just by using a soothing voice and rubbing temples. I'll just hypnotize everyone here to behave and argue in a civilized manner. LOL

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
They should not have shot so quickly, and there is no reason at all for her, the victim, to even be in handcuffs. They should have given ample time for her to recover and put down the gun.
edit on 21-4-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj
She had multiple restraining orders against her estranged husband, as he had many weapons. She even thought about taking a leave of absence from teaching to protect her students from her estranged husband and feared a murder/suicide scenario.

This is the dramatic moment a homeowner was gunned down and handcuffed by police after she blasted her estranged husband who allegedly broke into her house and tried to kill her.

Lisa Skinner, 52, shot the male home invader, who has now been identified as her estranged husband Bradley Skinner, 59, after he broke into the house she shared with her mother around 6 p.m.

Police said Mr Skinner was armed with both a pistol and a large knife.

According to AL.com, his injuries are life threatening but he is expected to survive.

Police said the incident unfolded when her husband broke the glass out of a back door of the home in South Huntsville, Alabama, to get inside.

Officers say Mrs Skinner armed herself with a shotgun then went into the garage, where he followed her and aimed his pistol at her.

She then opened fire with a shotgun, hitting him in the chest, causing life-threatening injuries. Her mother ran from the house in the 2500 block of Bonnie Oaks Drive to a neighbor's house and called 911.

They demanded that she drop her weapon but when she turned toward them with the gun in her hand, at least one officer fired at her, wounding, but not killing her.

Mrs Skinner was struck by the police gunfire and both she and her husband were taken to Huntsville Hospital.

Mrs Skinner also had a protective order against her estranged husband, according to WHNT 19 News..

Meanwhile, the officer who shot the woman has been placed on administrative leave.

Gee, don't protect your home. The cops might shoot you for it. Someone breaks into your home with the intent on harming you, possibly killing you, and you protect yourself, and what do the cops do? Shoot you. Don't be in shock when the cops show up. Because if you just shot your assailant, and the cops say drop your gun, well you better not be in shock and better be able to hear them implicitly!

It used to be you could protect your home. Well there went that plan, huh? How insane is it that when you protect your home from someone coming to your home to shoot you, you shoot them to protect yourself, and you STILL get shot by the police!! Absolute insanity! Yes this officer has been place on admin leave, but any wagers he'll claim his life was in danger and not get in trouble?

You're a disgrace and pathetic. You're a damn behind your computer screen cop who knows everything about being one. You know what it's like to risk your life everyday...right. This is why we do reality based training's. You don't want to only survive the attack just to make a mistake when the police arrived. You need to plan. She knew the cops would be there. The police have no idea what her situation is, what her history is, they have no idea that she maybe she is the aggressor. You get a radio call that shots have been fired and that's it. You don't get the background check.

I'm sickened that our society sees it like this and I'm sorry OP to take my frustrations out on you but you have no #ing clue what it's like.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
If I had shot someone who had broke into my home attempting me harm , and I heard a voice behind me say "drop the gun" I would have been very wary that it might have been an accomplice. Thanks to the Powers that Be she was not killed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join