It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memorial tree for Michael Brown cut in half, stone memorial missin

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Who gives a flying F...
A criminal is downed ,causes a fake racial social wave and everybody goes BOO HOO.
All the FAKE progressive garbage will ALSO be taken down in a similar fashion,either NOW or over time.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I agree.
Saint Michael of swisher sweets did nothing to earn a memorial, but many others more deserving will never receive the recognition they deserve.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
How soon people forget that the forensic evidence(not FBI gathered at least) backed th eofficer up and lead to his not being sent to trial and convicted. Also the witnesses who gave fale testimony until time to go to court should had known better.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
People 'earn' being remembered by family and friends? I thought it was because they existed.
edit on 4/20/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

(post by Onslaught2996 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
People 'earn' being remembered by family and friends? I thought it was because they existed.

True. Personally never said he didnt deserve to be remembered. Although you can do that yourself at home. What is getting some though is th efact he was a criminal and its seen as glorifying the criminal actions leading up to his death.

WHo paid for the monuments to be put up?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

If it wasn't Micheal Brown's death it would have been something else that sparked the protest turned riot .
That city was corrupt as HELL!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

A tree. The world can use trees. And a little piece of stone. Does not seem like a grand memorial. Doubt many would even know or care until some tampered with it.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

No offense but you seem much more angry and nasty than anyone else that has posted on this thread so far.

Especially with that last reply.

Geez Louise that was hateful. I hope the rest of the members of this site isn't like that

I just joined and if that sort of attitude is what I can expect maybe I should rethink being here

edit on 20-4-2015 by Lgbtlivesmatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Sun- bleached bones in the desert I are. I started this journey but didn't get far. A vulture and crow, my companions of air. I walked for the water which was no longer there. As rust and mildew turn me back to sand, I am content that I have made it to land...

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Lgbtlivesmatter

Doesn't seem much different this this one

Who gives a flying F... A criminal is downed ,causes a fake racial social wave and everybody goes BOO HOO. All the FAKE progressive garbage will ALSO be taken down in a similar fashion,either NOW or over time.

Emotions vary greatly here, from on side of the scale to the other. Plenty of posts that don't go extreme. Stick around.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

True to an extent, with one difference , that poster wasn't calling everyone else on the thread derogatory terms and cussing them

His were about that kid that got shot and the report in the thread

Not about other posters

When I signed up on this website it was pretty clear about treating other members on the site with respect, I just don't see how this onslaught person can act that way and not be reprimanded

There is a difference from emotions running high and having heated discussions,and blatantly being ugly disrespectful and nasty towards the people you were discussing with

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I think this would be a wonderful opportunity to pause for a moment and give thanks for the great contributions of the Black community to our society. Their peaceful and generous nature make them ideal neighbors, lending testimony to their exceptional family values and parenting skills unrivaled by any other culture. Their commitment to academic excellence enriches our schools and serves as an example to all who hope to achieve prominence as a people. Real estate values are fueled by the mix of African Americans into an area due to their caring and respectful nature of these communities, an example of all they have achieved through their enthusiasm for self improvement by hard work and a self-reliant can-do nature. And we certainly must not forget their abhorrence for crime and their dedication to observing the law. Without their industrious and creative drive, we would be poorer as a nation...

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Lgbtlivesmatter

You'll see more of the same. Read a few threads where emotions get involved.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Maybe so but are you saying this behavior is acceptable?

Is he not breaking the terms and conditions for how to treat members?

I feel like you just gave him a pass and made an excuse for him by deflecting not only back to another poster in the thread, but now to other threads?

Do we lack the ability to admit when someone is wrong in their actions just because you seem to agree with him on things?

That's not standing on principles , in fact as a strong principled woman myself I find that a bit hollow , when we refuse to police our own and say what's not right, but then try to call others out.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lgbtlivesmatter

Maybe so but are you saying this behavior is acceptable?

Is he not breaking the terms and conditions for how to treat members?

I feel like you just gave him a pass and made an excuse for him by deflecting not only back to another poster in the thread, but now to other threads?

Do we lack the ability to admit when someone is wrong in their actions just because you seem to agree with him on things?

That's not standing on principles , in fact as a strong principled woman myself I find that a bit hollow , when we refuse to police our own and say what's not right, but then try to call others out.

Mods monitor the T&C.

I am not saying those extreme responses are right. I just pointed out there were more then one posted.

I am not given charge to moderate posts, etc. You will have to take up that issue with the staff.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

I think this would be a wonderful opportunity to pause for a moment and give thanks for the great contributions of the Black community to our society. Their peaceful and generous nature make them ideal neighbors

Black Wallstreet.
Black Wallstreet was the wealthiest Black community in the United States. Whites demolished 35 city blocks of land including 1200 houses, 600 businesse

financialjuneteenth.com...
Yes I think so too their ability to be overwhelmingly non terroristic like no other people would, despite centuries of abuse and benign neglect at the hands of bigots inside and out side government.

Their commitment to academic excellence enriches our schools and serves as an example to all who hope to achieve prominence as a people.

Yes mentally and physically beat down by bigots still they try still they rise.

Just folks from around the hood.

Woman-Owned, Minority-Owned Construction Company Marks 108 Years and Counting
americacomesalive.com...< br />

Without their industrious and creative drive, we would be poorer as a nation...

Indeed we would,insooooooooooooo many ways.,

en.wikipedia.org...
Black America we Thank U ..

(post by TsukiLunar removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
As for this Michael guy. He was obviously an irredeemable villain of Xtreme villainy. He deserves no sympathy. He's black too, not that I care.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
a reply to: Snarl

I agree.
Saint Michael of swisher sweets did nothing to earn a memorial, but many others more deserving will never receive the recognition they deserve.

I would not be so bold as to say whether he deserved a memorial or not and have no issue with anyone who holds either opinion BUT I think those of us who were disgusted by the act (myself at least) were disgusted because regardless of what kind of individual Michael Brown was... He did have family who loved him. He wasn't a pedophile or something just as bad, so I can only think of the family being further hurt by something like this.

There are families all across the world who have children, love them with all of their hearts, but know that their child is doing wrong. What can they do? What can they do when their child is grown or when they are out of sight to control them and the things they do? Do they not grieve just as much for their child as anyone else? He did steal and I have no doubt that he was a hulking bully, but I would think his mom still loved him and grieves for what was and what could have been.

So whether he deserved a memorial is moot IMO. He was not "the worst of the worst" and I am sad that his family is likely hurt by this. I am sad that this will likely fan the flames once again there.

This whole post isn't directed at you of course, I just wanted to explain why I thought it was disgusting so maybe some would see that it doesn't mean that you have to agree with what he did or even disagree with it, but just to know that there are those living who were the only ones bothered by this act and that's what bothers some of us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join