It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

energy drinks vs marijuana

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
*sigh*

An energy drink of 5-hour energy contains the equivalent amount of caffeine as a good cup of coffee.

People always want to point fingers and find a scapegoat, it's far easier than to do some research and look at things logically.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FeatheredSerpent
a reply to: seeker1963

I guessed you were by your passive aggressive tone towards me and my opinions.
Ive seen/ experienced enough cheers.
Im no spring chicken myself.
No agenda here, just an opinion.

FS.

I don't think it was meant to be offensive, if you know of negative effects please share them and contribute. We all need to be more aware of possible health issues concerning MJ.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I guessed you were by your passive aggressive tone towards me and my opinions.
Ive seen/ experienced enough cheers.

No agenda here, just an opinion.

FS.

I get it!

Your a part of the mental health community that obviously refuses to listen to the patients but dictate to them what you read from a book?

To be honest, I am very serious about you interviewing me on my experience! But I guess it is much easier to deflect and try to make me out to be the bad guy for disagreeing with your opinion?

Seriously! If you feel so adamant about the dangers? Send me a U2U and allow me to enlighten you as to how alcohol which is legal and my drug of choice because of that reason is more dangerous than what you are against. If you are serious about your convictions in this thread? I will gladly give you my digits so that I can speak to you as a non patient from my experiences.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
*sigh*

An energy drink of 5-hour energy contains the equivalent amount of caffeine as a good cup of coffee.

People always want to point fingers and find a scapegoat, it's far easier than to do some research and look at things logically.

I was referring more to energy drinks not 5 hours. I believe the problem lies more in the massive amount of additives, vitamin, etc. The point is more about personal choice in regards to health

The war is for your mind, if they cared about the negative effects on your health then even energy drinks would be made illegal before MJ

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Energy drinks are habit forming if not addictive but they don't make you stink or give people riding with you on the bus a contact buzz. Most people could tolerate light use of any recreational drug including alcohol if it were limited to partaking only a couple times a month. Unfortunately for many people choice is an illusion and they end up with a dependency. Can happen to anyone, even the President of the United States.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Meh, I think the worst thing about those drinks is the sugar, or the sugar substitutes. The vitamins are water soluble, so if you don't need them -- you'll pee them out.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Your miles off.

And yes alcohol is worse, but that doesnt negate the very serious side effects cannabis has on some users.

Not sure how much I can discuss wihout braking the T&C.

FS.
edit on fAmerica/Chicagopm3005America/ChicagoMon, 20 Apr 2015 17:47:11 -0500America/Chicago2011 by FeatheredSerpent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Coffee then, by your definition would be addicting as well. I know many people that can't start their day without coffee. I find it odd too, because everyone I know who drinks coffee didn't like it their first time trying it..

"Yeah I remember the first time I had coffee, I thought it tasted gross...I had to drink it a lot to start appreciating it, it's an acquired taste..."

You know what else works like that? Alcohol.

No one can honestly say they first time they tried booze they instantly liked it (unless it was some kind of sugary lemonade type drink). Yet we force ourselves to continue drinking that poison due to social pressure and perceived "benefits" that don't exist.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Your miles off.

Not sure how much I can discuss wihout braking the T&C.

FS.

I didn't mean to make you feel like I was attacking you. I just totally disagreed with your assessment. Like I said, I am more than willing to chat with you! Send me a U2U and I will give you my number. Perhaps you might enlighten me with some of your experiences?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FeatheredSerpent

You really should do some research. Marijuana is 1000% safer than prescriptions, alcohol, tobacco, etc.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower

Energy drinks are habit forming if not addictive but they don't make you stink or give people riding with you on the bus a contact buzz. Most people could tolerate light use of any recreational drug including alcohol if it were limited to partaking only a couple times a month. Unfortunately for many people choice is an illusion and they end up with a dependency. Can happen to anyone, even the President of the United States.

So making something legal equals forced intoxication by other users? I imagine if you intentionally intoxicate someone with MJ it would be treated the same as if you spike the punch bowl. Your point here does not give much credit to it remaining illegal.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Meh, I think the worst thing about those drinks is the sugar, or the sugar substitutes. The vitamins are water soluble, so if you don't need them -- you'll pee them out.

That's true I forgot about that lol.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: seeker1963

Anyone whos been around long term users knows the truth.

FS.

Feel free to share any more one sentence answers! Pretty telling what your agenda is?

What do you have to say about those it helps? Such as Vets with PTSD?

Pretty telling what this thread's agenda is. Let's compare totally different substances so you can talk about the subject that skirts around the forum rules.

Dog poop is perfectly legal.
You can sniff it all you want, eat it if you choose, even smoke it.
Why isn't doggy doo illegal??

There, continue your dopers den talk.

Nice try lil fella. The thread is meant to point out that energy drinks are more damaging to your health than MJ but is completely legal.

Even sugar is more damaging to your health yet completely legal and marketed toward kids.

Think about the children!!!! Make sugar illegal, make energy drinks illegal, make fast food illegal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, we got a substance listed by the federal Drug Enforcement Administration as

Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Schedule I drugs are the most dangerous drugs of all the drug schedules with potentially severe psychological or physical dependence. Some examples of Schedule I drugs are:

heroin, lysergic acid diethylamide ('___'), marijuana (cannabis), 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy), methaqualone, and peyote

Source

VS

a sugary coffee drink, more or less.

That is like comparing a drawer full of knives to a drawer full of legos and claiming the legos are more dangerous because a kid could choke on them, totally ignoring what the knives could do.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare

originally posted by: seeker1963

Anyone whos been around long term users knows the truth.

FS.

Feel free to share any more one sentence answers! Pretty telling what your agenda is?

What do you have to say about those it helps? Such as Vets with PTSD?

Pretty telling what this thread's agenda is. Let's compare totally different substances so you can talk about the subject that skirts around the forum rules.

Nice try lil fella. The thread is meant to point out that energy drinks are more damaging to your health than MJ but is completely legal.

Even sugar is more damaging to your health yet completely legal and marketed toward kids.

Think about the children!!!! Make sugar illegal, make energy drinks illegal, make fast food illegal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, we got a substance listed by the federal Drug Enforcement Administration as

Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Schedule I drugs are the most dangerous drugs of all the drug schedules with potentially severe psychological or physical dependence. Some examples of Schedule I drugs are:

heroin, lysergic acid diethylamide ('___'), marijuana (cannabis), 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy), methaqualone, and peyote

Source

VS

a sugary coffee drink, more or less.

That is like comparing a drawer full of knives to a drawer full of legos and claiming the legos are more dangerous because a kid could choke on them, totally ignoring what the knives could do.

Now you are just being silly.

I'm sure people like you argued the same nonsense way about freeing slaves and allowing women to vote.

How about you bring a few peer reviewed scientific studies to the table.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I'm an adult fan of LEGO (AFL) and I can tell you right now that stepping on LEGO pieces in the dark at night is quite painful!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

But maijuana does cause health issues, mental health issues.

FS.

It's claimed if used at young ages(under 18 or so?). Some of the reporting is on the apparent studies is propaganda. Young people also using energy drinks, often not having been diagnosed with heart problems due to a young age, often drop dead from the drinks.

Fsake right?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Negative effects?

It raises my anxiety levels to the breaking point for days afterwards. Stopped using it 9 years ago, tried it again, and same thing happened, super anxiety, for a long time afterwards too.

As far as energy drinks goes, even a 16 ounce can of Rock Star has HALF the caffeine of a large (grande, verte?) sized iced coffee. You can get sugar-free energy drinks, but they all contain some type of artifical sweetness......

Not matter what you consume, Energy Drinks, Big Pharm Drugs, MJ, alcohol.... Aren't ALL drugs bad to a point? Some might not be as bad as others, but come on.... DRUGS ARE BAD.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FeatheredSerpent

NOPE it does not I AM the proof IN FACT that it HELPS PTSD GREATLY.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I AM SHOCKED...SHOCKED I SAY...

You seem so ...normal.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

a reply to: TinfoilTP

Not the first time I have read your dis-info in the cannabis threads.

There is a legitimate conspiracy as to why cannabis is illegal, and there has been an almost century long propaganda campaign to demonize the plant, conceal knowledge of the plant's medicinal value, demonize and ridicule users of the plant to justify the criminal consequences possession and cultivations carry.

The reality the US is not longer a country that cherishes liberty, the fact that growing a non-toxic plant with great medicinal value carries a hefty prison sentence is proof positive that we live in a repressive state.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join