It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the best magic tricks ever? Can anyone tell me how this is done

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Amazing trick. And to see Simon dumbfounded was the topping on the cake.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

originally posted by: Nevertheless
a reply to: Misterlondon

The sad part is that it IS a camera trick.He made everyone, even the people in front of him look at a recording.
The difficult part was for someone to double-click on '7_hearts.mpg'

But the cards in his hand end on the seven of hearts.
I understand what you're saying, but thats not it

You are right. Actually the trick was "legal" as there's no camera tricks.
He was a bit sloppy. The pack was ordered when the graphics were printed on them. Ace of spades is the first card on a deck. But his 7 of hearts is last on the deck - meaning that it was slipped there by sleigh of hand.
From where? Well, the first card is special. Probably a 53rd card. The graphics on that is the stick figure and a scene. However, the following cards have "mirrored" stick figures that you probably can see a bit of, them all holding a different card. They are not all drawn the same so that if you happen to see a bit of them while he's playing the animation, you will think it's just a mirror of the same a imation you're watching.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The bank notes just have the drawings on the back of them right?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge
Awesome!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

The deck is a trick deck.

Every card has a pic of the guy holding a did card.

After they make their pick.

He swaps the correct o e to the bottom of the deck.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
How does he get the card to the bottom real quick without anyone see him do it?

He'll know where the seven of hearts is in the deck, but he still has to get it out and to the bottom...

Thats the magic bit

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

When he drags all the cards up to show the feet of the stick figure on them all.

You saw how handy he was with those cards in the intro, I am sure grabbing one out while he is sliding them up is nothing.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
That was amazing. I like the reaction from all of the judges. Not one of them hesitated in giving him a go.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Well, at a guess.

Apart from the top few cards, none of the other cards have the curtains drawn on them, what they have is a picture of the final stick man holding a card of the same value as the face, but upside down.

Most card magicians would be able to remove a card from the middle of the deck and place it at the bottom while turning it through 180 degrees without the audience noticing.

Its a cracking effect tho, I would also assume that the production crew were in agreement not to show his hands just before before he started flicking thru' the pics to prevent the internet forensic fraternity from zooming in, slowing down and giving the game away.
edit on 20-4-2015 by idmonster because: meh!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

When he drags all the cards up to show the feet of the stick figure on them all.

You saw how handy he was with those cards in the intro, I am sure grabbing one out while he is sliding them up is nothing.

My guess is sensory timing, there's no telling visually about him having reached the last card, just the last card he shows.
You can do something similar with a petrol pump that you know and time it to the amount you want without looking, cards manipulation is a greater order of skill though.

Or perhaps not, like here 2007.

edit on 20-4-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Urgh, wanted to see that trick, but I couldn't stand those awful "talent-shows" and their ways to introduce their favorited candidates - fast-forward*klick* nope, still intro
*klick* damn it, still intro!
*klick* okay, I give up.

Thanks to other posters who linked to similar tricks! Amazing, what those mind-f*ers (the magicians, not the people directing those shows) can do with our perception.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Just my guess:

The 'changing' notes have the cartoon on one side and are standard notes on the other. By sleight of hand, the magician shows the same side by flipping the note very rapidly when it appears that he is turning the note over more slowly.

The final trick goes as follows:

The pack is prepared and the 'final' card in the animation series is placed at the bottom of the deck. When flipping through the animation, at the point where the card picture is being flipped you stop at the final card which was palmed to the bottom of the pack, or Simon was instructed to choose the seven of hearts and is 'in' on the trick.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Well that was a bit disappointing, he's just used an off the shelf card trick..

Yes the sleight of hand takes practice, but creating his own trick would be much better!

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
At 4:06 you can see that the drawing is a mirror image. You can see the head of a different stick figure. Also it is pretty clear that the cart have varying thickness. Also the cards slightly vary in length and with unless he is holding the deck very sloppily.

When he is first showing that there are drawing on the cards below the top card he barely pulls the card back, making sure you see less than half of each card. Also notice the foot movement of the toon.
edit on 4/21/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies folks.

Anyone got a trick they could post?

This has piqued my interest in close-up

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I think it's a trick of the hand, and you can see it done in between 3.44 and 3.46 (with his left thumb i think) when he picks up the deck and another one in between 3.53 and 3.55, it's really quick, and there are probably many others that are not seen on the camera, he has the deck in his hand quite some time in order to place the cards as desired, and he also jumps cards while he flicks through them (probably trained himself to feel the cards he is flicking in order to count.
So in other words all he has to do (not trying to make it sound easy lol) is to move the desired card to the bottom which is preplaced among the other 40 cards with a drawing on (40 if you count the ACE), and then jump the other drawn cards with the specific drawn card on, so they cant be noticed

(there will be 40 numbered cards, so maybe the deck has 80 to 100 and with no figure cards, it's hard to tell how many there are and the deack looks quite thick)

I don't know if i've explained myself well lol...
edit on 21-4-2015 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enderdog

The gist is that he only has to slip the bottom card on when he picks up the deck.

Exactly how they do all these tricks.Slight of hand everytime with card tricks.They slip them in real fast.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
https://youtu.be/TrbjalE-jtA

edit on 21-4-2015 by southprk76 because: embed

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Cool that you can buy the exact deck.

Basically, this trick appears to be a variant of the Svengali deck trick.

You can see this in the video for the card trick product, when the performer inverts the chosen card (this inverting is key to a Svengali deck function) locating where the card goes in the animation sequence, and since the card reveal is on the other half for each card (note during the animation you only see half of any card but the first few). (choosing which one will be the "reveal"). Note, the performer also states they are in order (so no matter what card was selected on BGT, he could find it by order).

So, the animation sequence is in order on half of the cards, but on the other half of every card but the first few, is the corresponding reveal card.

Nice trick.
(and takes a LOT of good sleight of hand for the BGT magician). But, as you can tell with the trick bills trick, his sleight of hand is top notch.

I'm not a magician, so I could be wrong, but I'm usually REALLY good at figuring these things out (and for me, that's the real fun of magic, and why I find it entertaining). I love it when a magician is really good, and I have to watch something a couple times to figure it out.

EDIT: Doh, didn't see further down, the tutorial, LOL
edit on 21-4-2015 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The bank notes just have the drawings on the back of them right?

Typically, it's just got the other image "folded", so when he snaps the bill, the other image unfolds (with an adhesive side now to the other part of the bill, that he secures through hand gestures)

So, like two bills with half of one folded up that unfolds (revealing the upper now uncovered half, and the previously hidden half) for a completely new face.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join