It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally gave up smoking for vaping!!! \o/

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hi all,

Just thought i would share my news and experiences from the last month

4 weeks ago I made a conscious effort to finally give up smoking.

I purchased my first E-go E-cig pen from Amazon UK for £15 for a pair delivered, to try to see if i could get used to them.

I've been smoking either tailor mades or roll ups since i was 15 (I'm now 43) and have been using about 50gms of tobacco per week (£17 here in the UK) for at least the last 10 years.

Here's the kicker, I'm asthmatic. Have been since birth and this is the reason behind the post.

I made the transition easily as it kept my hands occupied using a menthol e-juice @ 18mg Nicotine 70/30 PG/VG mix.

After just a few days I started to notice my breathing had improved. Not just a bit better, but heaps better. No reaching for my inhaler every hour or so, I just wasn't using it.

So i took the plunge and decided to go and buy myself a full blown personal vaporizer. So on Saturday just gone, my shiny new Innokin MVP 3.0 and my Kanger Subtank plus v2 arrived and I loaded it up with juice to take my first hit.

WOW! What a revelation! It's not just good....It's unreal how well it vapes. Airy and full of flavour with a nice hit of jelly and ice cream

In the last 4 weeks I have used half of my normal prescription of my blue inhaler and its still going down..

I feel better. I can smell and taste my food, the house smells nice for the first time in years and the missus actually likes the smell LOL (and apparently kissing me is much nicer too). Plus I don't have that nagging devil on my shoulder when I light one up around others.

I can honestly say it's the best thing I have ever done and I hope this post inspires others to make the change and kick the habit.

All the best, from a happy UK vaper.

M.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
S&F to you and congrats. I have been vaping for 2 years. Before that a 40 year smoker. Amazing isnt it , what you have been missing over the years.
edit on 02America/ChicagoMon, 20 Apr 2015 14:05:56 -0500America/Chicago430020556 by here4this because: Added

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Have been considering buying one of these.. have tried e cigs.. but didn't work For me.
So.. These things really work huh? also are They safe to use.. i mean the chemicals in them?
(Lol.. that's irony coming from a 20 year 20 a day smoker)
Any advice in which ones to go for?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
S&F..Good for you man,I think Vaping is a better alternative than straight up cigs.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Congratulations!!!

I am 38 and had asthmatic bronchitis and COPD. I quit a two pack a day (sometimes more) habit almost 2 years ago by vaping. The difference in my lung capacity and breathing is enormous!!

It's a life saver. No ifs, ands or buts about it truly.

Keep up the good fight. There will be times where you will want to go back. Don't do it. Stick to your guns and you can persevere!!
edit on 4/20/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Good on ya man, I quit over two months ago with my vape. I love the subtank, i don't have the v2 plus though.

As for the chemical question, I can name all the chemicals in e-juice on one hand. Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerine, Flavourings, Nicotine. A recent study found the chemicals in vapes were 96% less than cigarettes. Another new study shows that e-cigs being a gateway are false. Most of the science coming out about it is positive, there are scaremongering tactics engaged on the subject though as big tobacco and government is set to lose hundreds of millions, and the backer up is big pharma, which is set to see a decrease in revenue as smokers quit for vaping. Less smoking related disease = less drugs needed for those related diseases.

Any smokers thinking of making the switch, your best bet is to search online in your country, find a great deal on a starter kit (EMOW, EVOD, Aspire starter kits) and grab yourself some juice (depending on how much you smoke, influences the nicotine you would need in the juice. 2 pack a day smoker would start at 24 or 36mg) I was a 3/4 pack a day smoker and i started at 18mg and have since dropped to 6. SHOP AROUND
edit on 20/4/15 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Well I'm still a newbie in all things vape lol. So I can only pass on my experiences. The E-go type pens are far better than the Cig-a-likes that get sold in petrol stations etc.

You may want to try a tobacco flavoured liquid to help you make the transition. Then set yourself up with a few bottles of different flavours to see which one makes your mouth water lol.

Then if you are happy with putting the demon tailor mades down for good spend the money on a good battery and tank like I did

They ain't cheap to start off, but you will save a fortune in the first year alone even with buying juice and atomizers.

Have a look around on YouTube for reviews of the type of gear that's about and make an informed decision based on your own findings. that's the way I did it.

PBusardo is the vaping legend on there and his reviews are very detailed too.

It might look a bit confusing at first but persevere It's really worth it I promise you.

As for the chemicals involved its just Propylene Glycol (used in asthma inhalers to carry the medicine and other uses) and Vegetable Glycerine (used in foods) with a nicotine concentrate and flavourings.

There's a lot of studies that have been done about them and although there haven't been any long term studies done the opinions so far are that they are pretty much harmless as a vapor. WAY WAY Less harmful than tobacco smoke (000's of times less dangerous)

As long as you buy your juice from a reputable company theres no reason why you shouldn't have many more years of happy vaping than you would have happy smoking

My setup incidentally was £85 from Amazon on Prime so it was a little more than other places if you shop around but i wanted the one day delivery lol.~(no patience)

Hope this helps you out a bit and best of luck in giving up

M.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AzureSky

The Subtank Plus V2 is awesome!!! Highly recommended!!!

Gotta run it on a pretty big mod though if you plan on running Sub-ohm coils.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: murlock

I think i'm gunna run this 20w to death before i get a new mod. I gotta use the 1.2 ohm coils haha. No subohming for me yet, its a shame really there is some sick new subohm tanks coming out on the market all the time.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AzureSky

Sub Ohming is a matter of choice I think
You will burn through a metric F# ton of juice and selfies will always be a cloud lol

Gotta say it though. There's so much choice out there it's really confusing for the beginner. All this talk of Ohms and watts and variable mods sounds like witchcraft at the start, but after a few hours of watch and learn, it all starts to make sense

Perhaps we should petition ATS for a Vaping forum so we can help out the newbies and with luck convert as many of the smokers to vapers as we can and hopefully save a few lives in the process

M.
edit on ApruMon, 20 Apr 2015 15:32:32 -0500Monday20152015-04-20T15:32:32-05:00k by murlock because: typos

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I keep reading conflicting information on the e-ciggs/vape. Some say it's just as dangerous or worse than regular cigarettes and others say it is harmless. If it helps someone to actually quit and then they quit the e-ciggs too, I say go for it!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I can honestly only tell you what a difference it has made to me. If I have halved the amount of inhaler I use in just one month of vaping (not one ciggie) then it can't be that bad can it? In the short term at least

I could be wrong in the long term (I doubt it though) but there's thousands of converted smokers out there that have already felt the benefit of making the change

I do have a pretty sensitive chest as far as things go, I have to watch what cleaning products I use and I can't use spray deodorants either. But each to their own buddy I ain't here to preach. Just passing on what's been happening to me

Peace,

M.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Don't get used to them, in the US at least, the Leftists are comming after the ecigs for fat taxes.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

They are trying to do the same here in the UK

Thank god I only need to buy Juice and wire and wick now

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I've been vaping for years! Saved my life. It'll be hard to give up. Good luck, but you'll probably want to wean yourself off eventually to avoid the punitive taxes.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

As long as it costs less to vape than it does to smoke I will stick with it. They are gonna have to put a massive amount of tax on it to make it cost more than smoking as its already £16 or $25usd for a weeks supply of tobacco for me.

I'm pretty lucky that i can get VG and PG in 5L bottles if i have to as i have family in the chemical industry lol I'll only have a problem getting the nic base then which I shouldn't need as I'm already weaning myself off it anyway

Guess I'll just have to mix my own if the worst come to the worst lol

Peace,

M.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
hey murlock,
try the atlantis tank by aspire! no more messy drip tips. and you can use it while you drive. it won't spill!
enjoy! my cigar spending has cut way down too. saved lots of money by vaping.
enjoy!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
?
Congrats! Now how long do you think it'll take you to quit vaping?.....like still smoking, it still costs $$$, saves on the healthfulness scale....but trading 1 for another habit, rt....unless youre aiming to taper off to neither.

Respectfully speaking......

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I actually have never smoked cigarettes but have just taken up vaping as my body reacts much better to pure nicotine than it does to the natural mix of chemicals in organic tobacco.

And I have to say, I am quite enjoying the effects of nicotine.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
One of the major hospitals in the US consider vaping as a non-smoker. For a while , if you were in that hospital , you could choose vaping over the patch. Believe it or not.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join