It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can people be mean and ignorant to a 10 year-old ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

YOU - are an awesome mum.

simple.

Seriously, if you ever come to Perth, Western Australia, PM me beforehand and I will ensure you and your daughter are treated like royalty.

You make big tough aussie cry - not an easy task sister.......let me give you the tip. As I said to boymonkey in one of his threads, my sister has an autistic son (8 years old) - I call him "Awesomeus Maximus"....because he is - he and my son (also 8) are best mates and it breaks my heart to hear your story - and that of the OP.

NOT ON MY WATCH.

Because shallow, narrow-minded assholes exist.......unfortunately..
edit on 25-4-2015 by Sublimecraft because: answered the OP

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neopan100
Probably not going to be popular here..but seriously..I don't want to seem like an evil devil..but when is it mandatory that people attend birthday parties??? I have been reading a lot of blogs that have started an anti party revolution..mom and dads are sick of being held to pinterest standards to have parties and everyone is expected to come. Birthdays should be reserved for family and close friends..or just family. Like one of the parents said in the video I watched "we don't KNOW this family, but decided to come" So maybe it has nothing to do with her being ostracized at school and the families just don't know her.

I just get a weird feeling about things going "viral" and then the whole world comes bent hand and foot..I mean I guess it's great..but I don't know..I just get this squirmy feeling about the whole thing..like "oh my kid isn't popular, or has some disease so I am going to whine on FB and hope the news picks it up"...I guess im pessimistic like that...but who knows...as long as she had a good time..I guess im more of a private person. I just don't think it's mandatory for my kid to go to every birthday she is invited to. She won't go..unless we know the parents or they are the best of best friends.. I don't have the time or money to go to 3 or 4 parties a month for each of my children.

I get what your saying to look at her she looks like the typical 11 year old.I get a weird feeling as well,unless this is a charity that does this type of thing anyway,what I find strange is for celebrities showing up for a photo op? or am I not seeing something right in the video?
If it was up to me I wouldn't let any child hurt but I know there are lessons to be learned from the pain of growing up and usually better for it in the end...

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

It's the difference between good attention and bad attention

Would you rather have a party with a small number of true friends who really care about you or a big group of people who don't care about you. When the SHTF, how bad will you feel that nobody has your back?

What happens for prom? Do you pay someone to take her? Living in reality, might not always be fun, to some it might be cold, but it beats being pathetic

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

simple.

Seriously, if you ever come to Perth, Western Australia, PM me beforehand and I will ensure you and your daughter are treated like royalty.

You make big tough aussie cry - not an easy task sister.......let me give you the tip. As I said to boymonkey in one of his threads, my sister has an autistic son (8 years old) - I call him "Awesomeus Maximus"....because he is - he and my son (also 8) are best mates and it breaks my heart to hear your story - and that of the OP.

NOT ON MY WATCH.

I would probably never be able to afford Australia, unless a miracle happened, but if I ever do show up, I'll be sure you are definitely the first to know. She knows I'd love to take her to lands of her ancestors some day, Ireland, Hungary, and England. Who knows, maybe some Aussie on Dad's side, if not, we can fake it. LOL

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

simple.

NOT ON MY WATCH.

I forgot to mention, I call my mini monster Kaitydid after the locusts that plagued Egypt. No matter how full my house is of food, Kaitlynne, who lives in a group home about 2 hours away from me, will come for a weekend visit, and by the time she leaves, my cabinets and fridge look like the plague of Egypt came through. I'm wiped out and cleaned out of food. LOL I've been calling her Kaitydid since she was an infant. She would eat 6 oz. of breast milk, 4 oz. of formula, 3 oz. of jarred baby food, and 3 oz. of baby cereal all in ONE sitting every two hours!!! So yeah, plague of Egypt.
I often tease her and ask if she eats at the home. When she says yes, I always ask, "Are you sure????" This makes her giggle. LOL

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
a reply to: blupblup

It's the difference between good attention and bad attention

Would you rather have a party with a small number of true friends who really care about you or a big group of people who don't care about you. When the SHTF, how bad will you feel that nobody has your back?

What happens for prom? Do you pay someone to take her? Living in reality, might not always be fun, to some it might be cold, but it beats being pathetic

As a parent of a special needs child, can I offer some perspective? You would be amazed at what they know is going on around them. Always remember, "Little Pitchers Have Big Ears." They know more than you guys think. When I had the swine flu and my ex went to his brother's for Thanksgiving with my daughter in 2009, with my blessing, he cheated on me while there. He asked for a divorce in 2010. As I was driving down to my sister's after packing up my entire house, and I was talking with my daughter, she blurted out, "Daddy kissed another lady at Uncle Chip's." Kids see more than you think, they know more than you think, and they are smarter than you think, even the ones you may think are not. Give them more credit. They may surprise you.

End of the story, the divorce is final and the creep married is "soul mate", the one he cheated on me with. My daughter and I are happy with each other.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join