It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas Police Seize 11 Y/O Boy After School Presentation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I guess it would be more of a personal opinion, however, I have seen police do this with drug busts and car thieves, and would be home grown terrorists. mainly though it is for terrorism, however, it sure does sound like entrapment to me.

But yeah, I guess you could call it a personal opinion.

On the federal level though, they do it all of the time now,
and it is a part of the patriot act.

edit on 20-4-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Politically conscious ones who know that marijuana laws are a travesty and embarrassment to the phrase "Land of the Free". And again, the teacher TOLD the kid that he was allowed to give the presentation. So do you advocate never trusting the teachers of your children again when they say something is ok?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Even if the teacher gave the permission, did she say that if he talked about his mothers usage in their home that it would be ok?

I totally agree this is all nonsense but sadly the laws are still in place.

The crucial mistake in my eyes in this all is the mother being used in the presentation.
There are plenty of other cases out there the kid could have used.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I for one salute the mother for teaching her kid the truth and not indoctrinating him into the propaganda. Yeah, it was a monumentally bad decision to have him make a presentation about it, but is this woman a criminal? No. Should the police have been involved? Hell no.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Politically conscious ones who know that marijuana laws are a travesty and embarrassment to the phrase "Land of the Free". And again, the teacher TOLD the kid that he was allowed to give the presentation. So do you advocate never trusting the teachers of your children again when they say something is ok?

If he asked his teacher, "can I do my report on medical marijuana?".......
Then proceeded to do the report and it was about his own mother in his own home, how is the teacher responsible?

What if he asked the teacher to give a report on safe sex, then proceeded to do the report about all the sex going on in his home that he witnesses? He would be snatched out of that home and tested for rape and abuse in a heartbeat. This is no different, they have to make sure the child is not abused because those are the laws we made.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

The kid probably didn't know any better. He probably just wanted GOOD information relayed about drugs to confound the propaganda being fed to them the day prior and his mother was probably the best case study he had available. Can you blame the child for having poor research skills? It is unfair to put such restrictions on a childhood debate topic like that (especially when they don't know those restrictions will be in place). The only way I'd find fault in the kid is if the teacher had warned the kid prior to the presentation that any discussion of real drug use from people he know could be followed up on.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

If he asked his teacher, "can I do my report on medical marijuana?".......
Then proceeded to do the report and it was about his own mother in his own home, how is the teacher responsible?

So anecdotal evidence results in jail time? I mean if the kid has evidence in front of his own eyes that medical marijuana is working, why shouldn't he be able to relay it? This is a school classroom we are talking about. Aren't you supposed to be teaching your kids FACTS? Not arresting them for speaking up in the face of propaganda.

What if he asked the teacher to give a report on safe sex, then proceeded to do the report about all the sex going on in his home that he witnesses? He would be snatched out of that home and tested for rape and abuse in a heartbeat. This is no different, they have to make sure the child is not abused because those are the laws we made.

No different? If the kid had talked about his parents' alcohol use, no one would have batted an eye. Marijuana is no where NEAR as dangerous as alcohol, yet here we are talking about danger and abuse when we mention it.
edit on 20-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

You think an 11 year old knows better than the teacher and the rules she has to follow? Kids go to school to learn not spread their parents illegal habits and misconceptions in front of the classroom. Bet the other parents are glad the teacher followed the law.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SensiblyReckless
a reply to: ketsuko

I for one salute the mother for teaching her kid the truth and not indoctrinating him into the propaganda. Yeah, it was a monumentally bad decision to have him make a presentation about it, but is this woman a criminal? No. Should the police have been involved? Hell no.

That's as may be. My husband and I will likely allow our son to try a beer before he's 21 in the confines of the home, too, but that doesn't mean we'll encourage him to go to school and make a loud presentation about how the alcohol laws are wrong specifically highlighting how his own parents let him drink as exhibit A for why that is.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

No I don't blame the kid one bit, hindsight is 20/20.
But I don't blame the teacher either.
I hate to say this but I don't think the kid needs to be warned that discussing illegal things happening in his own home could be followed up on.

The laws are to blame here.

I have little to no doubt that the teacher was just doing what she thought she had to do.
ETA: Ok there should be some doubt as the teacher could very well be anti-pot and saw this as a bigger issue then it really is.

While I don't believe the oil could have harmed the kid, if some how it did and this presentation was known the teacher could then get targeted and at the very least lose her job.

I do agree though that this story just shows how the laws need to be changed.
The kid made a mistake in how he presented and that lead to his mother catching a charge, that should not be the case.

edit on thMon, 20 Apr 2015 15:58:58 -0500America/Chicago420155880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thMon, 20 Apr 2015 16:00:44 -0500America/Chicago420154480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

And I explained to you - the teacher had no choice once it came out. How much did the teacher know? Did the kid tell the teacher that he or she was going to use HIS OWN HOME as exhibit A? If not, then the teacher is caught in a bind once it happens. Does the teacher know what any of the other kids are going to do about it? What happens if little Suzy goes home and reports to her parents and those parents complain and the teacher hasn't reported on a clearly illegal situation?

Oops! It has just come back to bite the teacher in the butt.

Methinks you have not thought this through just because you such a rabid marijuana supporter.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

You think an 11 year old knows better than the teacher and the rules she has to follow? Kids go to school to learn not spread their parents illegal habits and misconceptions in front of the classroom. Bet the other parents are glad the teacher followed the law.

Of course the kid doesn't know better. That is why he brought up his mom when giving the presentation he was TOLD he was allowed to give. The teacher should have, at the minimum, warned the kid that he would report any divulged drug use.

Misconceptions? The only misconceptions being spewed were the anti-drug propaganda presentation the students were forced to watch before the kid came up with the idea for a counter-presentation. The kid was giving REAL WORLD evidence that marijuana was not only safe but medically efficient. He was using his mom as an example that it works. Any parent proud of the teacher turning the kid in should be ashamed of themselves.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
An 11 year old doesn't have the right to "free speech".

There's a time, place, and age for speaking your mind. This wasn't any of those.

I don't agree with the law enforcement action taken, but I also think that people should be a little more wise about their battles.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

It doesn't help that this took place in Kansas.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

It doesn't help that this took place in Kansas.

Ah, Krazyshot ... as bigoted as you think. Oh, wait, I'm sorry that slogan should have said, Kansas as bigoted as you think.

Please, Kansas is no more or less bigoted than anywhere else in the country.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Kids and crazy officials can get you in all sorts of trouble....

I remember I would Murph my son, which is pulling his pants wasaay up.

My gf would say " tell daddy you dont like it up the butt !!!

......can you guess what happened at school ???

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I think pot should be legal and I think the cops were wrong to interrogate this kid with no advocate / parent present.

I also think it's a shame that an 11 yr. old kid is so involved in his Mother's health problems to begin with...was it really necessary to tell him that she was using pot ? Seems rather selfish to lay that on a kid who already has a sick Mom.
edit on 20-4-2015 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

a reply to: windword

Whelp, Kansas just earned one more person who won't trust authority for the rest of their life. Good job Kansas, leading the way in thug like behavior over a plant.

THIS. One who is scarred early by Authority learns quick not to trust.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IntastellaBurst

Kids and crazy officials can get you in all sorts of trouble....

I remember I would Murph my son, which is pulling his pants wasaay up.

My gf would say " tell daddy you dont like it up the butt !!!

......can you guess what happened at school ???

Maybe this seems "fun" to you and your GF.....humiliating your kid and then having your GF make sexual innuendos about it, seems pretty mean spirited .

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Always nice to see the ones crying in these threads are the first to pretend they defend the constitution, and smaller government.

I did a couple of essays on drugs in high school and college, nobody took me away from my parents.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join