It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone name a religion that DOESNT believe in reincarnation?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

yeah... keep reading though

Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him

the works of God, which is his judgement... can't judge someone who hasn't lived yet

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Don't you think you ought to stick with the new testament? There was lots in the old testament that no longer applies.
Oh before you go there Jesus was a Jew not a Christian.
I and many others know what we were taught . Don't be calling all those folks liars no matter how you wish to interpret the bible. I was raised in the Catholic church. There is no reincarnation period.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Cop out answer. You don't understand "resurrection". There's no reason why modern Christians need to resist reincarnation.

If Christian saints are still in their graves, waiting for the resurrection of their dead rotten corpses, molecules that have long since shape shifted through life after endless life, then Jesus lied about his believers never tasting death, never dying but having everlasting life. The catch is, everlasting life doesn't happen until after the destruction of the world.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon
How about the works of God is his creation instead of his judgement? Then the man just is.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
the fact is the bible does not reject reincarnation anywhere... its just not talked about what so ever...

and For all you Christians who believe Hebrews 9 is a rejection of it... you clearly don't know your bible

Denying reincarnation is putting limits on God...

Probably not wise

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I was raised Christian too, and I KNOW that you don't even know your own religion. Christianity itself hinges on reincarnation. Without it you don't have a "Christ".

You can put your fingers in your ears all day long, and sing "La lalalalal La", or keep telling me shut up, but it doesn't change the fact that it's right there in YOUR own Bible, New and Old Testament.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
How about the works of God is his creation instead of his judgement? Then the man just is.

Sure... that works too...

But it doesn't explain why people are born with deformities, or other issues... reincarnation clears it all up easily

One could choose to believe God is just a malicious beast... understandable if you believe the OT God

Personally I believe everything happens for a reason... IF one was born in such a way, there is a reason...

It was that persons own doing... Pistis Sophia clears this issue up as well

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

This isn't the venue for your silly debate. The question for the third time is.......
Name one religion that doesn't believe in reincarnation and the answer is Christianity.
Not well we can interpret this to mean this and that to mean that. It's really quite simple.
We were taught in the Christian religion that you live you die you're judged and get your final assignment. Heaven or Hell. Not hey you wanna try being a guy or a really poor person or a Siamese cat.
So stop debating on what you think it should be based on how you interpret it and believe folks who have already told you. There is no reincarnation in Christianity.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Cop out answer. You don't understand "resurrection". There's no reason why modern Christians need to resist reincarnation.

If Christian saints are still in their graves, waiting for the resurrection of their dead rotten corpses, molecules that have long since shape shifted through life after endless life, then Jesus lied about his believers never tasting death, never dying but having everlasting life. The catch is, everlasting life doesn't happen until after the destruction of the world.

Except that Jesus asked Mary and Martha if their brother would live again, their answer was "Yes, in the resurrection of the dead". Not as another baby, not as another life form, because the resurrection was for the end time.

That is why Jesus resurrected, because in Him is life. "He that believeth on me, though he were dead, yet shall he live". And that is not reincarnation.

The resurrection of the dead, physically and spiritually, is the core belief of Christianity, and believe it or not, even Islam teaches that as well. They do believe in the resurrection of the dead.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Yeah there's a reason we're born. Two people have sex. The woman gets pregnant. Nine months later there's a birth. The reason that happened? Two people have sex......

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Chemicals in the environment, genetic anomalies passed down from generation to generation. You already know how this works dont you?

link   

This isn't the venue for your silly debate. The question for the third time is.......

Yes it is!

Name one religion that doesn't believe in reincarnation and the answer is Christianity.

EEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHH. Sorry! Wrong answer. Thanks for playing..........

link   

Theres a reason people reincarnate too...

They haven't learned what we're here to learn... Or have a karmic debt that needs resolving

Chemicals in the environment, genetic anomalies passed down from generation to generation. You already know how this works dont you?

Sure... but the bible says you can't do anything without God

pretty sure that applies to the subject

edit on 20-4-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Stop OK just stop. You didn't pay attention obviously. So just stop.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Except that Jesus asked Mary and Martha if their brother would live again, their answer was "Yes, in the resurrection of the dead". Not as another baby, not as another life form, because the resurrection was for the end time.

I have no idea what story you're referring to, but what you're claiming is that the dead are dead and Jesus lied about everlasting life and not tasting death.

Without reincarnation, Jesus is a liar.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Good bye
edit on 4202015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I don't believe in the bible. I just know there's no reincarnation in the christian religion. I personally don't care one way or the other.
Birth defects can be a damaged sperm or egg or never figured out.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Christianity has a habit of missing the mark...

True there is no reincarnation in Christianity... but the people who lived at the time of Jesus knew of it, and believed it happened

As I've said previously a few pages back, the doctrine of reincarnation was removed from the religion because it gives power to the individual instead of the church... the church holds the power to save your soul, and reincarnation gives that power back to the people...

heaven forbid

edit on 20-4-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa
Christianity believes in resurrection, not reincarnation.

"Incarnation" means receiving a physical body (from the Latin for "flesh"), and so "Re-incarnation" means receiving a second physical body.
There is no second physical body in Christian teaching.

Also "reincarnation"" theories normally involve an endless succession of physical bodies, and that certainly isn't in Christian teaching either.
One death, followed by "judgement".

While I don't disagree with you about resurrection, I do disagree with you about reincarnation being absent from all of Christendom, because it's made quite clear by Jesus Himself that John the Baptist was the reincarnated Elijah. Obviously this is but one example (I'm not certain if there are others from the Bible, but I don't believe so), so it doesn't fall into the same belief in reincarnation as say Buddhism, obviously, none-the-less...it does fit the bill. Peace...

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Christianity has a habit of missing the mark...

True there is no reincarnation in Christianity... but the people who lived at the time of Jesus knew of it, and believed it happened

As I've said previously a few pages back, the doctrine of reincarnation was removed from the religion because it gives power to the individual instead of the church... the church holds the power to save your soul, and reincarnation gives that power back to the people...

heaven forbid

OK, then save yourself.

Maybe you are Vishnu reincarnated a thousand times, maybe you are going to be another Hitler in the next life. You just never know.

Maybe you aren't even here and what you see is a dream, of you saving yourself. Let me know how that works out in the next life, make sure you contact me and tell me Akra saved himself and overcame fate, destiny, kismet, karma...tell you what, I will ask God to make sure you show me how you saved yourself.

If you could save yourself then why do you even believe in God? Why do you even believe in Jesus? See, at least windword doesn't believe in it, but you claim you do. Why?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join