It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing my Religion

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
If JW's are God's chosen people how come they continually get the date of his return wrong?

Changed Dates :: Failed Predictions

"And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet." Ezekiel 14:9

"Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee." 1st Kings 22:23

And again in 2nd Chronicles 18:22:

"Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets."

Maybe God has chosen them to be false prophets, making them tell lies?

Disclaimer: Not broad-brushing all JW's...

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: whooknows
Sure you may now be hopeless, and have no hope for the future, but what does that bring you? What doors does that open to you? Really? None. It opens hopelessness. And who wants you in that state?

You may be interested to know that casting aside the ball and chain of religious beliefs is a weight lifted from ones being. The hopelessness and confusion the OP may be feeling now is only temporary. It is but a passing phase as they shake of any remaining doubt and fears. Creating this thread is one of the best things the OP could have done at this stage. As it has allowed them to express their feelings, and witness firsthand a multitude come out of the word work to try and win them back. In this way, even more of the inconsistencies across the board of their old belief system can be witnessed. The words they themselves used to espouse are viewed more and more objectively, and become clear as mumbo-jumbo (no offense intended) devised in the minds of men thousands of years ago.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

atum=adam

nun=abzu=abyss (the e.nun of enki was also called the e.abzu)

---
god raises dry land (the mountain of creation) from the abyss (egyptian)

god floats over the abyss and the water recedes to reveal dry land (hebrew)

god raises his temple from the abyss and floats it over the water like a lofty mountain (sumerian)

---
the hebrew version is an amalgamate of the egyptian and the sumerian because moses received both hamitic instruction and sumerian instruction.

edit on 21-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: whooknows
And yet human history has proven just the opposite. Where people ignore God's word, there is tyranny, misery, death, and destruction. Hatred and genocide.

Allow me to direct you to the Old Testament.

Breaking the Strong Delusion: Our Morality vs. God's Morality

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

yeah that's why i keep saying there are 2 gods in the old testament, one who created us and saved the human species twice (three times if you include jesus), and the other one who hates humans, called for our dna to be modified so we no longer have full body regen, tried to wipe us out with the flood, spent the bulk of the old testament figuring out ways to condemn humans to various forms of abuse, torture and death and enforced law that is impossible to keep as obeying one could make you guilty of breaking another.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: misskat1

I dont believe that the bible is pagan and false.

Neither do I, an atheist.

There is always reason why someone wrote something. What those writings really mean is a different story.

Interpretation is the issue.

Original text transcribed by Novice Monks. Of course they're gonna see everything as through God's eye.

Then compilation of Chosen text.

The bible is Man speaking. Then man speaking for man, repeat, repeat, repeat.

I will add however, that everyone here has pretty much made a choice.

That does not apply to a child assimilated into a God belief by its parents (or other).

Denying God is like committing an act against about 90% of the rest of the world. I expect there are many who lack belief, but can't make that final step.

Choice: unless you're talking about choice before physical birth (I'm not quite sure).

I am not an atheist. I have been on this earth a bit too long, and I have been privy to way too many snippets, to believe that everyone of them were strictly by accident. If they were, then I have fall into the category, of one of the luckiest women on Earth. As much as I would like to embrace that moniker, the truth is, I am not even a little bit special. I am observant and I am intuitive, but so is every other person on this planet, so those two things alone don't even come close to making different or special.

I am 67, been on earth a while too. Had OBEs and other experiences since first memory. Still lack belief in a God.

Special? Different? I have no idea what you are referring to.
edit on 21-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

A decision I made at 14 has kept me from my family for over 30 years. I left when I was in my early 20s, Im 56 now.

I'm 56, too....when I was 14 was when I decided not to go to church anymore. My family still love me. My mom (who was the person who encouraged attendance at church) and I are closer than ever, I'm glad to say.

After decades of adherence and mesmerization with the rituals, music, incense, etc.....even being an acolyte mother.....
at about 65 she just didn't see any value in it anymore.
NOW, she is an atheist, but still does not totally dismiss the 'reincarnation' possibility; we are stardust: our energy and matter particles will continue after our 'bodies' have failed to work.

Whether they continue as "humans", or simply as other forms of 'physical' existence is, right now, what I'm dealing with cognitively.

It's a life-long journey.
I'm sorry your mom was unable to engage with your ideas.

edit on 4/21/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: grammar

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

That's quite a post you've got there. I'm glad you are finding your way through things. But it can't all have been a waste of time can it? Surely if you done something for God that has merit?

The way I see this is that Christianity, as it was developing, absorbed the mythology around it from the Greek mystery cults, the myth of Isis and so on. These myths formed a framework that actually helped Christianity to survive and spread. And, within it all there is Christ's essential teaching; I am the way (The Tao means 'the way').

So, if these myths gave structure to Christianity and helped people, who were familiar with these myths, to accept Christianity, it is all grist for the mill. Also, there may even be some truth behind these myths.

But what matters is the essential teaching of Christ, not the theology surrounding Him.

Have you read Betty Eadie's 'Embraced by the Light'? In it she says God finds theology amusing...

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'm 56, too....

You don't type a day over 36... Because of the no real "dying" part of the program, I've gone "Game of Thrones" and now birthdays are "Naming Days". What I found real interesting is that My 'Naming Day' is May 31 so in the newspaper I'm a "Gemini" but after doing some Astrological research I found "Ayurvedic Astrology" and have discovered that in actuality I'm a 'Taurus'.. It seems the "media" have been lying to it's customers for quite some time, what was the first media?

"In the beginning was Adamu and Lilith created from the same dirt... (read: EQUAL) Adamu tells Lilith to wash the dishes and iron His shirt and Lilith says "Negative" She ends up with Samael..

"In the beginning was Adam and Eve, Adam was in charge and Eve created from Adam's rib.. (read: subservient)

sew, so- How old would You be if You didn't know how old You were?

It even works for animals.. My hermaphroditic Affens Pinscher "Mag Wai" has been 'present' since before there was a Mother Earth and has had prior incarnations as a cat..

namaste

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Where did that come from? the Lillith quote?.
Sounds like the religions before the man made war gods we have now.
Before those God was mostly of women form and women had much better standings in society.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Faith, belief, understanding is a long journey the self illusions and internal quarrels are seemingly an eternal minefield, but with the occasional step towards realization, that you can overcome and decide what is really within you…….. Builds yourself Compassion that flows for you and everyone….. no faith is needed just an internal knowing that you have changed direction and it’s the correct direction for you……………………

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

in the beginning the elohim (plural) created the adam male and female (yeah both called adam but some are female)

it's not till later that eve was created and she was only differentiated from the adam female because she was procreative, that's why her name means mother.

so the first adam female was not a procreator. without procreative hormones, what would make a female adam subservient, especially since she's not made from the rib of adam but from elohim image? both the original adam male and adam female were not humans, they were elohim copies.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

originally posted by: misskat1

I dont believe that the bible is pagan and false.

Neither do I, an atheist.

There is always reason why someone wrote something. What those writings really mean is a different story.

Interpretation is the issue.

Original text transcribed by Novice Monks. Of course they're gonna see everything as through God's eye.

Then compilation of Chosen text.

The bible is Man speaking. Then man speaking for man, repeat, repeat, repeat.

I will add however, that everyone here has pretty much made a choice.

That does not apply to a child assimilated into a God belief by its parents (or other).

Denying God is like committing an act against about 90% of the rest of the world. I expect there are many who lack belief, but can't make that final step.

Choice: unless you're talking about choice before physical birth (I'm not quite sure).

I am not an atheist. I have been on this earth a bit too long, and I have been privy to way too many snippets, to believe that everyone of them were strictly by accident. If they were, then I have fall into the category, of one of the luckiest women on Earth. As much as I would like to embrace that moniker, the truth is, I am not even a little bit special. I am observant and I am intuitive, but so is every other person on this planet, so those two things alone don't even come close to making different or special.

I am 67, been on earth a while too. Had OBEs and other experiences since first memory. Still lack belief in a God.

Special? Different? I have no idea what you are referring to.

I think you missed it.

I guess in my verbose, round about way, you didn't see that I was agreeing with you.

An atheist and a non-atheist can actually agree on something. Am I breaking the rules?

I am pretty good at doing that. I read somewhere that rules where made to be broken. At least it gives me an excuse to use when needed.

edit on 21-4-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Grammar correction.

edit on 21-4-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Correction didn't take.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

Please forgive my ignorance, but I understood approximately none of that.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: VigiliaProcuratio

Please forgive my ignorance, but I understood approximately none of that.

if you read the verses in genesis, the first time adam was created, it says elohim created them in elohim image. who is them? the adam male and female. both were called adam

later, eve is created and given the title mother, after she becomes a procreative adam female.

knowledge meant to procreate so the tree of knowledge is about procreating, specifically the inheritable dna to procreate.
"and adam knew his wife and she begat". to KNOW of or have knowledge of, was to procreate.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I'm 56, too....

You don't type a day over 36...

Wait. What? To whom are you talking, and are you also "56" and stating that someone here is behaving immaturely? Are you quoting me? Or just saying you're 56?

I don't get your post.
edit on 4/21/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

Okay, finished re-reading the post.

Namaste
edit on 4/21/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

i think it was a compliment. hehe

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Okay......

I'm just confused now.

Story of my life.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Well written! I'll have to look into the subject more closely. Thanks for bringing up such detailed information.

originally posted by: Logarock
Do you suppose that some here are not the unquestioning sort? That anyone that defends must be a well programed robot? That not logic or study has been applied? Anyone that defends lacks reason?

Just remember that the anti religious zealots are and can be as bad as the counter type. The vast body of critical review done by the religious debunkers is not a product of unmitigated "reason". They are not operating from intellectual honesty be it ax to grind or down right propaganda and lies.

To answer chronologically:

~ I cant tell if you meant that first question to be a double negative or not. I am well aware that many people have personalities which naturally turn them away from questioning and curiosity. What I'm suggesting is that that particular state of mind leaves the individual in a vulnerable, manipulable state.

~ No, I don't think that anyone that defends against criticism is a "programmed robot". That's a ridiculous notion to even bring forth. However, when that same individual spouts claims, falsehoods, beyond-common misinformation, and complete ignorance learned solely from their beliefs, then rejects any new information out of fear that it could harm there belief system, that is when they come off as a programmed robot. Defend all you want against criticism; that's what a debate is. It's just that there is no defense when all they use to defend themselves is information that has been continuously debunked in the first place.

~ Clearly some people do have logical, well studied replies. However, the vast majority of religious individuals are religious solely due to their ignorance to common facts that would otherwise disprove what they currently believe in in the first place. This isn't due to them being illogical or in any way unintelligent; the entire reason for this stems from how religion keeps followers - by forcing them to reject anything that conflicts with that particular belief system.

~ I'm well aware that non religious people who criticize religion can be arrogant, pompous asses as well. Yet, I don't see it even remotely as much as I see religious individuals shouting even more ignorance and arrogance.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

In all your years of research, you've come to some interesting conclusions, to say the least. So far I haven't heard anything from you I haven't heard before. You just seem to have mashed a bunch of stuff together and formed something unique from it all. I'm wondering how other religions and mythologies/creation stories play into your theories/beliefs. Such as Hinduism, or any number of Native American traditions.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join