It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing my Religion

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
a reply to: whooknows

I was disfellowshiped because of the letter I sent them. I directly told them I wanted to be disfellowshipped because it was all lies.

And obviously, you arent willing to take a look at what you think are lies. JFYI, my gr gr grandfather was a JW, I spent my time as a regular pioneer, I have cousins that to this day live at the head quarters and Farm. What would be my motive or agenda to make up stuff about this? My calling isnt to save JW's. We all must workout our own salvation. If you want to keep your fingers in your ears and not research the clues ive shared and want to discount them as lies, its way OK with me.

Never were those words more appropriate that I quoted. Won't quote them again. I love you my fellow. And no, I would never ever write a letter dissociating myself from God's named people. The thought would never even enter into my head.

I hope your friends here help you find peace and love, and a hope for a secure future. (They won't. Most of them believe in no future for you, and are happy about it).

They left, but they were not of our sort.

I never quoted that to anyone aside from those who were among us. And I quoted it to you not knowing, but knowing. And still I never have quoted it to anyone not among God's people.

And yet you left, but it was because not all of are of our sort.

I am sorry you lost your faith. Those weak are Satan will grab. But it is not because they were ever in Jehovah's hand, because those in his hand, can never be taken away from him, for there is no one more powerful than Jehovah.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Oh gtfo...
Vieled threats as usual from your crowd.
No wonder religipn is dying off.
Op ignore the poster.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Thank you for permission. What a load of Crap. Your reply is still cracking me up. lol
edit on 21-4-2015 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
reference to which thing?

Post reference to your claims. Simple links/papers that points those simillarities.

originally posted by: undo
i'm talking about the written not the hieroglyphs/cuneiform. never tried those. might find some interesting corollaries

for example, a name for god in egypt was IAH, which in hebrew is YAH and in sumerian-akkadian is EA.

Iah is not word for god, but was name of a God in ancient Egypt, in this particulate case, God of the Moon. His name simply means Moon. Sumerian word for God is An(u) not EA, while Dingir means also deity and can have a meaning of God.

I would find interesting to see timeline if your word manipulation, as well any supportive material except something you make out of thin air, like this last part.
edit on 21-4-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Just like the song "ohh life, its bigger, bigger than you, and you are not me." You are in the corner Losing your Religion, it just hasnt dawned on you yet.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Just like the song "ohh life, its bigger, bigger than you, and you are not me." You are in the corner Losing your Religion, it just hasnt dawned on you yet.

Nah, the end is nigh. From what I know it still is aways away. But when it comes, you will find the weeping and the gnashing of your teeth, if you are still alive.

And all this unbelief, and people who have no hope who have lead you into hopelessness will be no shining light. They will have taken away your hope, which they rejoice in. But they will have not replaced it with anything but despair. Which they possess. Nothingness.
edit on 21-4-2015 by whooknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Who died and made you God?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

enki-ea is the god who created humans, warned the noah figure of the flood and told him how to build an ark
and confused the languages at babel.

anu was the heavenly father god, not of humans but of enki and enlil.

enlil was the god who condemned humans with the flood and demanded blood sacrifices.

yes i know iah is the moon god in egypt, but what part of that word is "god" and what part is moon? notice obadiah, zechariah, zephaniah, nehemiah, hosiah (same as hosea). are these guys naming themselves after the moon god or jehovah (name comes from the word "h-ayah", the "h" is the semitic prefix, and AYAH is EA or IAH
and yah is jeh. believe me, i've been thru all this already

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: whooknows

Nah, the end is nigh. From what I know it still is aways away. But when it comes, you will find the weeping and the gnashing of your teeth, if you are still alive.

You're right. The end IS aways away. About 7 billion years away.

And all this unbelief, and people who have no hope who have lead you into hopelessness will be no shining light. They will have taken away your hope, which they rejoice in. But they will have not replaced it with anything but despair. Which they possess. Nothingness.

I like how you think you can speak for other people like you know them. This is standard religious nonsense. Not to mention is rather arrogant and deceitful. Not to mention mean. "You can't find solace outside of belief. Come back to the brainwashing so you can be comfortable again!"

You know nothing of the way non-believers think and what we are satisfied with. I happen to be VERY content and happy without religion. Every time I see people going to church on Sunday, I am glad that I'm either sleeping in, watching football, or doing nothing.
edit on 21-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Who died and made you God?

Sarcasm aside, all of those who despair will appear, and will appease to bitterness, ignorance, but bitterness.

And what do you have left? Will not the weeping and the gnashing of your teeth be there? And before you know it?

Sure you may now be hopeless, and have no hope for the future, but what does that bring you? What doors does that open to you? Really? None. It opens hopelessness. And who wants you in that state?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You're right. The end IS aways away. About 7 billion years away.

I like how you think you can speak for other people like you know them. This is standard religious nonsense. Not to mention is rather arrogant and deceitful. Not to mention mean. "You can't find solace outside of belief. Come back to the brainwashing so you can be comfortable again!"

You know nothing of the way non-believers think and what we are satisfied with. I happen to be VERY content and happy without religion. Every time I see people going to church on Sunday, I am glad that I'm either sleeping in, watching football, or doing nothing.

I know you profess to be an agnostic. And perhaps do not know better. I do not know better as of now.

And perhaps you are content with your life. But it can change. You only say that because, obviously you live in a place where you can afford such ignorance.

If you were born in a different place, maybe you wouldn't be as you are. In fact, you would not.

No wonder Jesus said it would be easier for a camel to enter into the eye of a needle, than for a rich man into the kingdom of God.

When you think you have it made, you don't open your eyes do you?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

This will not go far if you don't start support your ideas with real archeological finds. What in your head similar words supposed to mean? The same thing? As for Iah, it actually means moon, not god. While we at it, do you know Egyptian origin of life stories? How come they are so much different from rest of the world stories and why didn't you learn about them in school or from religious people? (It has to do with how god placed stars on the sky
)

Sorry, I don't believe you. Prove this with bit more then your belief and misinterpretation of words.

Looks like you are under illusion that religion has monopoly on 'hope'.

Interestingly, we all have hope, where I hope we will grow out of this need for fatherly figure in the sky that is angry for something I, or rest of the world have not done... Please watch Sam Harris video and answer me, do you really still believe you are 'choosen one' because you believe. What would happen if you were born in Iran, to Muslim family or India to Hindu family?? What would you believe in that case? Was it pure luck you were born where you were born, or it was just 'God's Plan' all along??

It is kind of funny what you posted while I was making this post... LOL

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

No religion does not have monopoly on hope. I never claimed such, and to state such is to slander. Obviously you have not been paying attention. I thus give you leeway.

How easy it is to lie about something, and think it is truth? Is that not so? And no doubt you were hoping that others would read your lies and do the same?

The MSM is the same. You are no different.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I know you profess to be an agnostic. And perhaps do not know better. I do not know better as of now.

I DO know better. That is why I'm an agnostic.

And perhaps you are content with your life. But it can change. You only say that because, obviously you live in a place where you can afford such ignorance.

Of course it can change. That's why I stopped being a Christian.

If you were born in a different place, maybe you wouldn't be as you are. In fact, you would not.

Of course not. That is obvious.

No wonder Jesus said it would be easier for a camel to enter into the eye of a needle, than for a rich man into the kingdom of God.

Irrelevant.

I don't think I have it made. What gave you that idea? I'm just so VERY grateful not to have religion. It is an unnecessary burden in one's life. I'd rather celebrate nature, music, life, and happiness. It's SOOOOO much more filling than worrying about some imaginary sky fairy and his impending destruction of Earth. That being said, I still have problems that need solving, I just don't worry about some external force helping me and I help myself. Resourcefulness is WAY more useful than whining about your problems to god.
edit on 21-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

All JWs I have ever known have a self righteous attitude. They are told they have the only TRUE Religion, and they are a haughty bunch, that I can tell ya. No matter what you try to show or tell them, they are living in FEAR of Armageddon, and it has been drilled into their heads that Jehovahs Witness is the only true religion and there is no salvation anywhere else. They dont even believe in Jesus. Except he was a good guy prophet that was Michael the Arch Angel before he was born as Jesus. Really, you cant make it up.
They remind me of the Jews, as in, they are entitled because, they are Gods chosen people.
edit on 21-4-2015 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Yea. I have a friend who used to be a JW. Unfortunately it made him so out of touch with society. He was constantly making weird social faux pas'. He's gotten better now.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I DO know better. That is why I'm an agnostic.

Of course it can change. That's why I stopped being a Christian.

Of course not. That is obvious.

Irrelevant.

I don't think I have it made. What gave you that idea? I'm just so VERY grateful not to have religion. It is an unnecessary burden in ones life. I'd rather celebrate nature, music, life, and happiness. It's SOOOOO much more filling than worrying about some imaginary sky fairy and his impending destruction of Earth.

Religion is a burden on one's life. If you read all I have stated you would understand that. And while you celebrate nature and music, la ti la ta, I read someone who celebrated it much more exquisitely than you, and he concluded it was all a vanity and a striving after the wind.

Yes, a king, who had queens, and concubines, and gold, and money, and palaces, and many things you could never imagine in your wildest dreams. And he said it was all for nothing, it was all simply vanity, and foolishness. This what you pleasure yourself with. And all other's of your mindset.

(Ecclesiastes 2:8, 9) . . .I accumulated silver and gold for myself, the treasures of kings and of provinces. I gathered male and female singers for myself, as well as what brings great pleasure to the sons of men—a woman, yes, many women. 9 So I grew great and surpassed anyone prior to me in Jerusalem. And my wisdom remained with me.

What was the conclusion of the wisest man to ever live on the face of the earth (aside from Jesus Christ) , who had basically everything?

(Ecclesiastes 12:13, 14) . . .The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. 14 For the true God will judge every deed, including every hidden thing, as to whether it is good or bad.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I now actually have hope, hope that my grandchildren dont have to go through Armageddon. I dont have to live my life in anticipation of it killing everyone off.
Im very glad you were born into the right religion, dont you feel sad for everyone who didnt? I mean, you could have born into a Muslim Family and where would you be then? I mean you obviously have not examined the truth behind your religion and are willing to accept it on its own word. Would you be examining your beliefs if you would have been born Muslim?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I now actually have hope, hope that my grandchildren dont have to go through Armageddon. I dont have to live my life in anticipation of it killing everyone off.
Im very glad you were born into the right religion, dont you feel sad for everyone who didnt? I mean, you could have born into a Muslim Family and where would you be then? I mean you obviously have not examined the truth behind your religion and are willing to accept it on its own word. Would you be examining your beliefs if you would have been born Muslim?

The majority of mankind is going to the grave. One of the four-horsemen of the Apocalypse is death with Hades riding behind it. That is during the last days. After the great war, when Jesus reigns, and peace abides, those in Hades will be risen form the dead. That means almost all humankind living in the last days will be brought back to life. All Jehovah's Witnesses know that. You seem to be the exception. You continually disappoint me with your lack of knowledge of even the basic concepts of what the Bible teaches, and still claim you were once a servant of the true God. That is harder and harder to believe.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Religion is a burden on one's life. If you read all I have stated you would understand that. And while you celebrate nature and music, la ti la ta, I read someone who celebrated it much more exquisitely than you, and he concluded it was all a vanity and a striving after the wind.

Good for him. He can go be a stick in the mud. It's his choice. Though I'm curious how you know so much about my musical tastes and how far I go to celebrate music where you can definitively say who celebrates it more than me. Or were you just being hyperbolic?

Yes, a king, who had queens, and concubines, and gold, and money, and palaces, and many things you could never imagine in your wildest dreams. And he said it was all for nothing, it was all simply vanity, and foolishness. This what you pleasure yourself with. And all other simply-minded people....

I don't care about those things. Material possessions are only a means to achieve happiness, they aren't the key to getting it though.

(Ecclesiastes 2:8, 9) . . .I accumulated silver and gold for myself, the treasures of kings and of provinces. I gathered male and female singers for myself, as well as what brings great pleasure to the sons of men—a woman, yes, many women. 9 So I grew great and surpassed anyone prior to me in Jerusalem. And my wisdom remained with me.

Lol a bible quote.

What was the conclusion of the wisest man to ever live on the face of the earth (aside from Jesus Christ) , who had basically everything?

(Ecclesiastes 12:13, 14) . . .The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. 14 For the true God will judge every deed, including every hidden thing, as to whether it is good or bad.

Wisest man to ever live on the face of the earth aside from JC? LOL! Are you serious? How naive can you be? There are currently estimated 7 billion people on the planet. The total population of humans who ever lived is estimated at 107 billion and you are HONESTLY trying to tell me that the bible recorded the wisest among all of those people? Never to be surpassed? And you believe that? Wow.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join