It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing my Religion

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
When I came to ATS, I was looking for answers to what is really going on in the world. But, in the process, I have had my Religious Belief Systems challenged. For the past few years, I have experienced a Deprogramming of False Belief Systems. This has been a painful experience. Believe me when I tell you, its pretty depressing to find out what you have lived and made life decisions on for 50 years is nothing but BS (Belief Systems). I found out that these belief systems were installed only to control me. They had nothing to do with the truth.

Deprograming? You mean reprograming? I would say good for you but truth is the very vast majority of religious debunking on ATS is really crap. Most of your anti religious affiliates here especially those that debunk Christianity really have little idea of what they are talking about. Some that seem they do really don't. And then there are those that for other reasons have made the rejection, may know to a fair level what they are talking about, but keep their real reasons for rejecting and debunking out of sight operating behind the flag of empirical evidence la de da ect, ect.

If you really think that coming to the knowledge that its all about control and nothing to do with truth then you have only come to a point. Thats the point were most get off the wagon but its really not the end of the road. Sure there are control freaks in religion and its used as a tool. Sure thing. Hijacked....yea. Got to move past that.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

originally posted by: Aaronkb7
Am I open to the notion that god isn't real? No, It's impossible to think otherwise.

Am I open to the notion that christ didn't rise on the 3rd day? No, not believing so would make me a non believer.

You're blatantly shouting that you do not cave in to reason, and believe in what you were told to believe in, unquestionably. For someone who professes their enjoyment of this forum, you're doing nothing but accepting ignorance when you cut out all other possibilities.

Do you suppose that some here are not the unquestioning sort? That anyone that defends must be a well programed robot? That not logic or study has been applied? Anyone that defends lacks reason?

Just remember that the anti religious zealots are and can be as bad as the counter type. The vast body of critical review done by the religious debunkers is not a product of unmitigated "reason". They are not operating from intellectual honesty be it ax to grind or down right propaganda and lies.
edit on 21-4-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

Actually no.

But it's nice to be so sure of yourself isn't it.

I don't think I'm deserving of heaven either way so it's a moot point. I choose to believe because I choose to, it really is that simple. I don't fear hell as much as I probably should, that being said if that's where I end up so be it.

As a Christian I'm more than aware of my own shortcomings and faults, but believing on the misguided thought it'll spare me from Hell? No, not me sorry.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Hey I'm all for leaving religious Dogma as I believe it's a relationship experience with God that grows. Same with the son.

The Bible to me is a good instruction to understand what it means to be 'holy' in the sense of a supreme being. That being said it IS written by men, fallible men. Time will tell I suppose.

I will often cite the Bible as a means to good living but that's just how I choose to use it.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: whooknows

Trust me the last thing anyone wants to read is scripture.
Fine you may need a crutch in your life but many do not.
Stop preaching.

(Matthew 10:14) . . .Wherever anyone does not receive you or listen to your words, on going out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet. . .

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

originally posted by: whooknows
a reply to: chr0naut

I would also like to add this video uploaded a little while ago to YouTube on the origins of a lot of Christian traditions not found in the Bible. And why they are in almost all other religions as well...

now why would a god who doesn't exist according to the video, destroy believers all over the world, for believing in something they were taught to believe? where's the disconnect ?

No disconnect. The majority of mankind are in the grave awaiting a resurrection in the new world of peace.

Jehovah promised that before the end there would be a great preaching work of his name in all the earth, and people would be allowed to chose sides.

You will yet see greater works on earth from his witnesses, as a preaching as never before heralded in the history of mankind will be accomplished. And everyone will put themselves down on record as either for good, or against it.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Quite contrary, it is quite acceptable among people who have no religion to not question. Religion is a snare and a racket, of that there is no doubt.

To think you know what I know, and where I come from that is the real blinder in your eyes. And those who follow your human philosophy which will only lead to disappointment and misery. You will not be able to free yourself.

Many have been taught they will be able to in themselves, and many accept it, and reject, and rightfully so, the religions of this world, that have been no helping factor to human society.

People who are so intelligent who think they know so much, and yet are still so in the dark.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Deprograming? You mean reprograming? I would say good for you but truth is the very vast majority of religious debunking on ATS is really crap. Most of your anti religious affiliates here especially those that debunk Christianity really have little idea of what they are talking about. Some that seem they do really don't. And then there are those that for other reasons have made the rejection, may know to a fair level what they are talking about, but keep their real reasons for rejecting and debunking out of sight operating behind the flag of empirical evidence la de da ect, ect.

If you really think that coming to the knowledge that its all about control and nothing to do with truth then you have only come to a point. Thats the point were most get off the wagon but its really not the end of the road. Sure there are control freaks in religion and its used as a tool. Sure thing. Hijacked....yea. Got to move past that.

I hope the OP will read this post 30 or 40 times.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Religion was created by Satan in the beginning to mislead mankind away from Jehovah God. It has always been the purview of Satan.

All religions.

Noah and his family, 8 souls were the only that survived the world-wide deluge, they were all worshipers of the true God. They did not have a religion.

Everyone alive on earth today owes their lives to an ancestor that worshiped Jehovah God.

Eventually Abraham's descendants by means of Issac and Jacob (Israel) became his chosen people and had true worship.

All the rest of the world involved themselves in false religious dogma and traditions that stem from Babylon.

Afterwards they rejected the Messiah, God's chosen one, and were rejected as consequences and the Christian congregation was formed. That too in time was infiltrated by Satan, and arrogant haughty ones, Gnostics, and others who held to philosophy of man above God.

All religion on earth today in still in Satan's control, just as are all political governments, and all political movements.

Religion has always been a snare and a racket.

The true form of worship upholds Jehovah's name, preaches about his incoming kingdom government, have love among each other, do not fight in war, do not get involved in Satan's political system of things, by either running for office, holding office, or voting for officials to office. Knowing that no human will solve mankind's problems.

They live the life and walk the walk. They preach and teach of Jehovah's name and his kingdom. People hate them for it, and ridicule them for it. But not because they did anything wrong. Or believed any lie. But because they have the truth. And it is not haughty on their part to understand these things. It is haughty and arrogant on the part of those unbelievers to ridicule and mock them, and call deride them for believing.

The Matrix is indeed deep. But the truth is easy. You see it is fulfilled in love. Where there is love there is truth and freedom. Where their is hatred, and haughty disdain reside only darkness and tyranny.
edit on 21-4-2015 by whooknows because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2015 by whooknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I want to thank the Christians for having the courage to reach out to me, on a discussion topic that you knew would open doors to arguments. However, I have read and listened to your side of the story, and it seems the answers you have are found in the 66 canonized books of the bible. Although I respect that you are able to find pure religion in its pages, I simply can not plug my ears to the hundreds of ancient texts that didnt make it into the Bible as we know it today.

Nor can I discount what has proven to be borrowed stories. And I certainly can not agree that Organized Religion has done more good than harm.
The current Christian belief systems were built on a foundation, of murder, greed and control. I have often wondered if Christianity would be the dominate religion in our world today, if the non Christians would not have been wiped off the map by well meaning Christians.

However, I thank you for your prayers, but, my prayer right now would be: "Please dear God, dont let them "save" me again."

I dont think I can find my way back into the fold of the Religious High and Mighty. I just cant. Knowledge is a powerful thing.

It would be much easier to be able to focus on the 66 books, but its only part of the picture.

JFYI the bible says "pure religion is helping the Widow and fatherless. Im going to stick with that as my "religion" for now. And when I tithe I will be putting shoes on the neighbors kid, rather than buying a new pew, for a religious fat ass to sit on. Just sayn.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

eh, most people that are overweight in the usa, are that way because almost all our food and drinks contain high fructose corn syrup. that stuff'll make a person with a high metabolism, gain weight.

as far as borrowing beliefs, read my post on the page before this one and tell me what you think

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I respect your decisions misskat1. Also thank you for your thoughts. If you did not preceive in my conversation with you, and you had a lot of people talking to you, so it may have got confusing. I respect your views and beliefs, and those of everyone. I always have.

You see I came to this understanding a long time ago. God has given us freewill to believe what-so-ever we will. He has always given the means to know who he is and the truth by means of his word the Bible. It is the most translated, most available book in the world. Available in 98% of the world's population, and available in over 2,000 languages.

And no matter who you are, if you apply its principals, be it man, woman, young old, black, white, or anything else, if you apply what it really tells you, you will benefit from it. It creates peace, love, harmony, happy families, happy individuals, no matter who you are no matter where you live, no mater whether you are rich or poor.

Its words are timeless. Its message priceless.

True, there are a lot of unbliblical teachings in Christendom, and religions in which most people grew up in, but that doesn't mean God or the Bible was the cause of it, especially when the Bible condemns all of it, and has foretold it.

That aside, God gives us all free-will. And never would imagine to impede upon it. If he is such a person, I am no one to be any different. And any person who claims to represent God who tries to force others to conform to their point of view, obviously do not have God, or the Bible's backing.

Perhaps that is why it is stated that because of these, the way of the truth will be spoken of abusively by many:

(2 Peter 2:2) Furthermore, many will follow their brazen conduct, and because of them the way of the truth will be spoken of abusively.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

You must have missed the part when I said Religion destroyed my family. My mom didnt speak to me for 30 yrs for leaving her church. There are 9 kids in my family (same mom and dad). 35 yrs later and only 3 of my siblings speak to me. My mom got alzehiemers and forgot she couldnt talk to me, but she didnt know who I was either.

Religion might heal some families, but it forever destroyed mine.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

You must have missed the part when I said Religion destroyed my family. My mom didnt speak to me for 30 yrs for leaving her church. There are 9 kids in my family (same mom and dad). 35 yrs later and only 3 of my siblings speak to me. My mom got alzehiemers and forgot she couldnt talk to me, but she didnt know who I was either.

Religion might heal some families, but it forever destroyed mine.

Who would shun someone like that? Most religions don't practice the Biblical command to shun...?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Im very glad that your research into the ancient manuscripts has led you right back to a belief in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus. Researching the same ancient manuscripts has not had the same effect on me.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Jehovahs Witness

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Jehovahs Witness

That is what I thought. And I can tell you, I've been one for all my life, and have been shunned too. It is not me speaking to you. It is Jehovah. Sure Satan is throwing in a lot. But so what?

I am currently shunned, and I am anointed.

It is no coincidence.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

yeah you have to, in the immortal words of yoda, "unlearn what you have learned"
i started from the beginning after realizing a few things had been mistranslated.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Jehovahs Witness

tv.jw.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Thats funny, I thought by some of your comments you were a JW. lol

I spent a lot of time dragging my kid from church to church looking for one that lives the Love of God. The last Church I thought was full of love, until they were caught turning the sprinklers on the homeless that had taken refuge on their lawn. Ive never been back.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join