It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Services Senate Hearings - 4-16-2015 - North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
So I periodically go through these hearing docs and read the ones I think sound interesting. This one was from a few days ago and is very interesting to me.

Source

From General Scaparotti

So reading through it, we come to a section on North Korea's Assymetric Capabilities where it says:

North Korea has conducted three nuclear tests -- in 2006, 2009, and 2013.
It continues to prepare its test site and could conduct another test at any time. In recent years, North
Korea has continued to develop its asymmetric capabilities including several hundred ballistic missiles,
a sizeable long range artillery force, one of the world’s largest chemical weapons stockpiles, a biological
weapons research program, the world’s largest special operations forces
, and an active cyber warfare
capability. These capabilities can be employed with minimal warning, and threaten South Korea and
potentially the United States and Japan.
Since assuming power three years ago, Kim Jong-un has taken a number of confrontational steps to
solidify his control over the North Korean people, military, and political apparatus. The regime
conducted a satellite launch in December 2012 and conducted its third nuclear test in February 2013, in
defiance of United Nations Security Council Resolutions 1718 (2006), 1874 (2009), 2087 (2013), and
2094 (2013). In 2014, North Korea continued to develop its ballistic missile program, conducting nonotice
Scud and No Dong missile tests from several launch locations, all violations of UN Security
Council resolutions.
These asymmetric capabilities, along with the fourth largest military in the world that is 70-75%
forward deployed within 60 miles of the DMZ
, challenges the Alliance to assess potential indications of
a North Korean provocation or attack.

Now I wasn't really aware of the facts presented here that are in bold. The statements here seem very similar to those that were used prior to invading the oil countries since 2001.....

Wondering if there is another set up happening to push a US invasion of North Korea. It appears as if the US military is keeping a very close eye on NK because of their abilities at this point. They seem to be giving them quite a bit of eyeballing for a country that everyone says couldn't really cause any harm.

And this was all in response to McCain's statement:

Source

Of which I found of particular interest:

I am also concerned by the recent assessment from Admiral Bill Gortney, the head of NORAD
and Northern Command, that North Korea has an operational, road-mobile missile that could
carry nuclear weapons to the United States. General Scaparrotti, I look forward to hearing your
assessment of this potential breakthrough, and the implications of our national security if the
erratic and unpredictable regime of Kim Jong-Un achieves the ability to carry out a nuclear strike
against our homeland.

So they are stating here that NK has a mobile nuke that could reach the US.....now is this statement simply another piece of the set up to invade, or is it truth?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Makes so much sense the USA has been concentrating on Iran since the mid 90's and not North Korea... Not

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

We did deal with N Korea pretty effectively in late 2004. Maybe we shoulda done more though.

new topics

join