It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

interesting search engine @ FDA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I don't even know how I ended up at this website medlibrary.org... . I was searching the web looking for art from the zapotecs. Somehow i ended up on this website. its just weird this is supposed to be a search engine by the FDA....... well this is how they describe their website. "web’s most accessible collection of prescription medication package inserts and medication labels directly from the FDA’s central repository." sounds pretty self-explanatory.but it's a lot more than that, at least search engine capability wise. when you go there use their search engine and type in some off-the-wall search. I put in Sandy Hook thinking that no way there would be any results. But to my surprise I was wrong. Anyways not that big of a deal I just thought it was interesting. the scope and the size of the searches it is capable of considering it its just supposed to be a search engine for FDA labels
edit on 19-4-2015 by traintrain because: fix punctuation

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: traintrain

Good find!! I shall peruse later. S&F.

(warning: two threads I posted in today got wiped. just saying...)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Very interesting. Did a couple searches..neat stuff. Warrants further exploration when I have time. Good find, sir!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
just curious because I'm not that savvy on the computer but when you do a search on this search engine it takes you to their own private server not so much like google does as it searches the whole internet (supposably) so when I punch in the search term how is it possible that there is a the result for pretty much every inquiry i put in there. from Sandy Hook to the magnetic anomalies on Mars. ....and every link is to its own site med library.org as if the search results originated from med library.org compared to a Google search which would give me a whole list of different sources to choose from I mean for the love of Pete this is supposed to be a website about medical labeling of pill bottles why would it have any information on anything else .I'm sorry but my grammar sucks. I'm on my phone and I'm probably not explaining myself very well . but if you understand what I'm asking. Am I looking at this wrong is it something simple that I just don't understand when it comes to search engines and how they get there results and where the results come from. reply to: [post=19257231]Ironhawke

new topics

top topics

join