It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stand behind a real American Michelle Manhart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Michelle picked up a flag that was being walked on

I stand by her if we don't stand up for the flag then our country is truly lost

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

I disagree completely. The Flag isn't the Country. If every flag was burned to ashes tomorrow it wouldn't change the country nor what that country stands for ideologically.

If you think The Flag is the same as The Country or it's ideals then you never had a country to lose. All you had was a flag.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You do know she was denying those people the right to Freedom of Speech right? The woman is a thief and a media ho. In the video you can clearly hear her tell her people to get the notebook out of her car and start calling the media. So a flag laying on the ground is bad but her using one to cover her private parts in Playboy is ok.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The flag represents the people who stand behind it.

She has the right to keep it from being desecrated

If you walk on the flag you are walking on the rights that that flag gives you

It means more than just some cloth and if you don't understand that then go live in another country for a while

There you will gain some appreciation for what that flag represents and gives
edit on 19-4-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

It means more than just some cloth and if you don't understand that then go live in another country for a while

Maybe you should read the laws regarding what is desecration. If the flag is on the ground during what looked to be some sort of protest then it is called Freedom of Speech.
Also the flag gives you no rights whatsoever. The Constitution gives us those rights.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I disagree as well. As far as our country being lost. Well,it has been. All that flag is ,is a piece of cloth. It is what it represents that matters. And that has been destroyed for quite a while now. Freedom? Patriot act. Liberty? We have the highest incarceration rates in the world. People that tell the truth have to leave the country or go to jail. life? Well don't cross the wrong police officer. Happiness? Well over half the population is struggling to put food on the table and keep themselves off the street,how happy do you think they are?

The government is corrupt from the top all the way down to the bottom. So all that flag stands for is a corrupt oppressive government now.And the American people let it happen. Let our flag NOT represent a government that overthrows others and puts in puppets. Let it not represent all the under the table deals between business and our congress and senate. Let it not represent a nation of poor that are struggling to live each and every day,while our government pours trillions down the drain in other countries. Glad they get taken care of,of course we did destroy their country for profit and all.

But our Veterans come back and live on the street cause their home was taken while they were over doing what they were told. They have to wait for benefits till they give up and commit suicide. The news reports it and people go "oh well". Yeah,I could care less about that flag. We have a country that is so far off the track of what it was supposed to be that the founding fathers wouldn't even know its the same country anymore.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Yes, it "represents" something else. It's a symbol of something else. Like all symbols, they are NOT the same thing as what they represent. A wedding ring is a symbol of marriage. If the ring is gone is your wife no longer your wife??? A cross is a symbol or the Christian Religion. If a cross is broken is Christianity or Christians also gone???

The flag is not my rights, nor yours. Any Rights you have are concepts. A flag is a material object.

What a flag means is not set in stone. I don't need to live in another country to know what a flag is or what it means. I know that it is a symbol which ironically enough is a symbol of my freedom to stand on it if I choose.

The flag did not give me anything. It is an item. I can still appreciate what it stands for even without it. In fact, knowing that difference is what really counts. If the flag could speak it would say "Believe in what I stand for, not in me."

The fact that you defend the actual flag while violating exactly what it stands for is a shame because all you have now is a flag that stands for nothing.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I understand what some of you are saying, but for some of us, the flag still has meaning. She may have had an ulterior meaning behind grabbing the flag, sure, it's possible. But not all of us have one. For me, it breaks my heart to see the flag desecrated in any manner. Whether that be flying upside down, (yes I know the meaning), tattered and torn, burning, and yes, on the ground and stepped all over. This was one of my thesis I did in college. The flag and what it means to me. I get for some people it is nothing more than a symbol, if you will. But for some, it is much more than that. For some, the flag represents their country. Always and forever. Even if the country is fast becoming something they no longer recognize.
edit on 4/19/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

But that flag stands for your right to protest it.

She stole and resisted arrest.

Who was the violent one at the protest I ask you all?
Those exercising their right or the one denying them it?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj
I understand what some of you are saying, but for some of us, the flag still has meaning.

Fine. It's a symbol and you can have as much meaning in a flag or anything else that you want. Knock yourself out. Put whatever meaning you want and as much as you can. We can all do that.

The flag and what it means to me. I get for some people it is nothing more than a symbol, if you will.
But for some, it is much more than that. For some, the flag represents their country. Always and forever. Even if the country is fast becoming something they no longer recognize.

Ok. But you're just giving it more meaning to you. Saying "it's much more than that" then "the Flag represents" doesn't change the Flag in to something it isn't. You are just putting more importance on some object. Which is fine for you, but doesn't make it universal.

The simple fact is that it's a Flag someone bought at a store like anyone else in the country. While using their property(the flag) in a perfectly legal way and harming nobody some lady comes and takes their property in protest and does whatever. That wasn't her flag, she had no legal or moral right to grab it from those people over "how much meaning" she sees in an arbitrary object which she doesn't own or have rights to. It's that simple.

Just because your property "means much more to me" doesn't mean I get legal or moral right to take, move, or handle it without your permission. That's just how property works.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Michelle Manhart seems to have no issue with the flag touching the ground when she's holding it carelessly to cover her naked body... which there's nothing wrong with but it does make her a major hypocrite in my opinion. Pic with her covering her nude body with the flag. (No private parts showing).

We all know what this is really about.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Who cares about a flag being trampled? That does nothing to fix our country. It's great that she picked it up and all since it shouldn't be being trampled on, but in the grand scheme of things, so what?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Disrespect for your flag is disrespect for yourself and that is where the problems of America lay.

Low self esteem of self is reflected in low esteem for your nation.

The people are the problem not just the Govt and banking industry.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

So you disagree with them voicing their opinion on thier country?
If you want to equate it to self respect then you better respect your self enough yo be able to call your self out when you are acting foul.

You don't have to agree with what they are saying or how they are protesting but they have every right to do so.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I admire her for doing it. But she was wrong to do so.

If I were in her position, I would have taken whatever banner the protestors were protesting under and stepped on that.

Freedom also means the freedom to be complete ####ing idiots.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Oh by the way... she posed nude with the flag for PETA's naked for fur campaign.

edit on 4/20/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join