It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News and the Going Clear expose' Expose'?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

By the way, I agree with this other statement you made:

Scientology IS faith based believed in by sheepiles and was totally made up by a delusional science fiction writer that turned a cult into a 'church'

So is every other faith-based belief.
Sci-fi was different back then, but it still existed.

edit on 4/19/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

ETA Examples (in no particular order at all):
Noah's Ark
Talking Snake in Garden
Dirt/Clay Man and his Rib
Burning Bush
Jonah's "Big Fish"/(Whale to some)
Immaculate Conception (which was 'the virgin Mary's conception', by the way, not "Jesus's" conception)
Resurrection
Water into Wine
Lots of Fish and Bread
Walks on Water
Parts the "Red Sea"
Coming back on a Cloud
etc
etc
etc

PLEASE. Really?
Hey, have you ever read the Dune series? Frank Herbert???
I bet you'd really like it. SO many parallels.

edit on 4/19/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I saw the Scientology Documentary, very eye opening! Makes me think Hubbard invented the aliens in your body just to make money. Very crazy, crazier still that people fall for it.

As for Fox news, I don't watch it much. Reporters are like that on all channels, if you watch them. Nancy Grace is awful to other people, people who she doesn't agree with she cuts their mic, so they can't even respond!

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

By the way, I agree with this other statement you made:

Scientology IS faith based believed in by sheepiles and was totally made up by a delusional science fiction writer that turned a cult into a 'church'

So is every other faith-based belief.
Sci-fi was different back then, but it still existed.

Sci-fi WAY different in the AD 1950's movie classics (you are correct) compared to those meddlesome/interfering spaceships interpreted as 'winged discs' discovered all over antiquity as reliefs that are dated 1500BC are just 3D postcard memorabilia left from the edge. I really like the Sumer (Assyrian) winged men. No cameras to document those; just hammers and chisels used to document what they experienced as far as these "Gods" came to uplift their civilization; and left to prosperity/future generations to figure out. Thanks for your response BW.
edit on 19-4-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhoDat09
I saw the Scientology Documentary, very eye opening! Makes me think Hubbard invented the aliens in your body just to make money. Very crazy, crazier still that people fall for it.

The whole 'clearing' point is to get 'aliens' out of your body (he was borrowing the eastern idea of reincarnation) past lives and inserting the idea of being overlayed or trapped in memory by others/aliens; you have no self control over. Ingenious money maker; based in fear of the unknown (you are not in charge, your overlay past lives are) directed by others. Basically you are a zombie and not in charge. Its really very funny until you realize the money spent on each level of "clearing" and he was scrambling feverishly to invent NEW levels (that would be believed) as this was happening. This clearing to gain this level is going to cost you 10,000 dollars (people would pay it). Did you know? he has the Guinness World Record for the most books/pamphlets ever published; over 1000.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

ETA Examples (in no particular order at all):
Noah's Ark
Talking Snake in Garden
Dirt/Clay Man and his Rib
Burning Bush
Jonah's "Big Fish"/(Whale to some)
Immaculate Conception (which was 'the virgin Mary's conception', by the way, not "Jesus's" conception)
Resurrection
Water into Wine
Lots of Fish and Bread
Walks on Water
Parts the "Red Sea"
Coming back on a Cloud
etc.
PLEASE. Really?
Hey, have you ever read the Dune series? Frank Herbert???
I bet you'd really like it. SO many parallels.

Not a scripture reader; more 'gnostic' by nature. Biblical fantasy would seem science fiction for some and you make a great point (bow).
Have you read Edward Bulwer Lord Lytton's "The Coming Race" one of the first science fiction novels ever written unless you count some of Edgar Allen Poe's works. Sure; I am big fan of Frank Herbert and Robert Heinlein, H.G. Wells, Jules Verne; (not so much the movie "DUNE" with Kyle McLachlan). He (Herbert) didn't start a bogus 'belief system" in the name of a dogmatic religion fleecing the rich and powerful (or the gullible weak). He just sold a series of books of very powerful imagination, created believable worlds (pretty sure he paid his taxes). Hubbard? well, not on that level so; craftily used this genre to create/engineer the best false religion ever; never produced a bonified living prophet (documented) either. At least the Mormons have the English speaking 'white Salamander' oracle *that dictates* as proclaimed so by Joseph Smith.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Thanks for those book recommendations.
(lol!)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Thanks for those book recommendations.
(lol!)

I forgot this one, "A Maggot" by John Fowles and if you like magical fantasy set in the 1700's, England; "Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell" by Susanna Clarke. You are so very welcome BW.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Thanks for all the contributions, vethumanbeing.

Greta appears to go out of her way to avoid the subject of her religion. Her Twitter account back to Mar. 28 never mentions the documentary. But, I did notice several things.

Her Twitter responses, naturally, are big headline focuses on ISIS and such. She often refers to the extremist's attacks upon Christians and has several references concerning the forced separation of parents and children involving those groups. Of course, littered throughout are your standard tweets about pets and sports fan things. Celebrities often have assistants fill in their Twitter accounts, so some of the stories could be just following some formula.

Nowhere does she refer to Scientology. This is one of her personal core beliefs and there's 0 mention of it. The documentary is pretty big news and there's a great deal of articles discussing it. And nothing from the top journalist who follows it.
I fully suspect she prefers the general public to believe she is of the Christian faith to detract from her involvement. Sure, the information is a simple search, but many of the masses don't bother with such things.

As I mentioned, one of her themes of interest is the separation between parent and child from religion. This is something Scientology does on a frequent basis. Discommunication is the number 1 form of punishment for those who leave the cult and there are so many sad stories of families that have been crushed because of this. Along with that, there have been horrors within the camp of children being taken away from their parents and raised within the church from a very young age. Sea Org is the Youth slave camp that makes separation between parent and child mandatory.

Parent-child separation is one of the biggest allegations against Scientology and Greta doesn't make a personal stand against that on her Twitter. She references OTHER instances of it regularly, but never involving the one that she could make a direct and important difference in as a major journalist if she were to expose them.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
And here's the recent Fox News article referring to Travolta's appearance on Good Morning America.

The only reference to the documentary is "A recent documentary on HBO called “Going Clear” has placed a harsh spotlight on the Church of Scientology and discusses Travolta extensively."

Coupled with the headline of "John Travolta: Scientologly saved my life after son's sudden death" ,that's a pretty damn positive spin that leaves out the allegations of cruelty and control by hundreds of ex-members including the previously high-leveled followers that helped to make the documentary.

That's blatant suppression IMO.

edit on 20-4-2015 by gottaknow because: formatting.

edit on 20-4-2015 by gottaknow because: poor sentence structure made for a rather humorous sentence making the allegations appear cruel and controlling

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: gottaknow

Perhaps this thread is an over-exposure of the exposed exposure?

You sure you don't have an ax to grind with Fox News in other areas? This thread is typical of those that come on ATS to complain about Fox New's "lies and hate," but never give any substantive evidence and completely ignore the leanings and misadventures of most other news agencies not to mention the current administration.

What do you want him to do? Analyze every angle and comment upon the interviewer's cadence and boy language? Question the use of camera shots to create bias and influence the viewer in a subliminal manner?
Wait...he did that.

And all you can say is "What about the other guy?"

Classic deflection technique.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Coupled with the headline of "John Travolta: Scientologly saved my life after son's sudden death" ,that's a pretty damn positive spin that leaves out the allegations of cruelty and control by hundreds of ex-members including the previously high-leveled followers that helped to make the documentary.

I'll say! It was Scientology that killed Tavolta's son! They disallowed medication that would have saved his life! Oh well, as long as John is happy!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Excellent point, windword!

The article doesn't even bring up the controversy surrounding Jett's death. I guess that's just not timely anymore...
They must really have him so wrapped up in the lies he can't even tell anymore.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I too saw the documentary on HBO and think Scientology is bunk with Cruise and Travolta creepy and disturbing. That being said, Scientology's teachings are no more outrageous than what any other religion teaches, including the biggies of Christianity and Islam. Just replace Christ or Muhammad with Xenu.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
You've got a good point, UnBreakable

However, I feel Scientology is one that can be stopped easily in comparison to those by eliminating their tax shelter status, increasing the awareness of it's corruption and damage, and breaking people out of it's hold.

I don't like that they have this position within the major news media and I feel that needs to be put to a stop.
The more I read about Greta's awful husband alone, the more I think that Greta either needs to be more scrutinized and confronted in hopes that she'll break out of it, or removed from the powerful stance she holds in this influential media network altogether. I really hope that when they make part 2 of the documentary that they appeal to her as well like they have done with Travolta and Cruise.

It's one thing to regard Scientology as a "kooky cult that's harmless enough" as it seems most of the population does. I know that's how I felt about it a few years ago. Those who have researched some or have seen this documentary realize it's danger.

It's another thing to have one of those members take a leading journalism position at one of the highest watched networks in the Country. A key aspect of the documentary pointed out at how they were ALL required to blatantly lie in the defense of the organization. So now you have this prominent journalist who would be forced to lie if faced with the direct questioning.

That's something I'd like to see publicized. Force her to interview and let the public get her responses.

Because she's the one telling them the world's stories every night.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Yep, Tolkein's TLOTR is more believable.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow
Thanks for all the contributions, vethumanbeing.

Greta appears to go out of her way to avoid the subject of her religion. Her Twitter account back to Mar. 28 never mentions the documentary. But, I did notice several things.
Her Twitter responses, naturally, are big headline focuses on ISIS and such. She often refers to the extremist's attacks upon Christians and has several references concerning the forced separation of parents and children involving those groups. Of course, littered throughout are your standard tweets about pets and sports fan things. Celebrities often have assistants fill in their Twitter accounts, so some of the stories could be just following some formula.
Nowhere does she refer to Scientology. This is one of her personal core beliefs and there's 0 mention of it. The documentary is pretty big news and there's a great deal of articles discussing it. And nothing from the top journalist who follows it.

Did she not know the internal workings of her own "belief system"? As a journalist?! the fabrications, the lies; the child abductions the persecution of members that tried to leave and/or attempted to speak the truth? (she needs to witness the documentary). Don't think R. Murdock doesn't know this; as his employee. The marriage of Tom Cruise *posterboy* to Australian Nicole Kidman was thought a great victory at the time. Kidman's father is a prominent man of religious faith in Australia; the marriage did not work; in fact when married to her he was disinclined to participate as much in church politics. Steven Spielberg (his patron mentor) denies him now as a lunatic.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I'll say! It was Scientology that killed Tavolta's son! They disallowed medication that would have saved his life! Oh well, as long as John is happy!

He is delusional; so of course is 'happy' (still thinks paying $10,000 for a newly invented 'clearing' is getting him film roles) and if not is blackmailed into thinking this belief has legs OR ELSE suffer the consequences of non-belief (the Catholic Church diocese practices comes to mind). Hubbard borrowed from many dogmas and came up with one that was new and plastic; included the newest fad...transcendental meditation, (no one has yet admitted to this as it is very embarrassing) but l will tell you; the 'clearing' also involves being shocked at low voltage; one is told to forget and receives a mild shock; Pavlovian Dog Style training.
edit on 21-4-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

They know all his secrets is probably more the truth.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

They know all his secrets is probably more the truth.

That is how they are able to 'blackmail' their members (they take meticulous notes and tape them during the 'clearings'). It is very similar to the Catholic invention of the 'Confessional'. The Priest knew every sin committed by any parishioner worshiping in his church via this method of a required 'confession of sins' (gains ultimate power); and could turn the church into a holy owned small police state within this jurisdiction. Ingenious.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow
a reply to: windword

Excellent point, windword!

The article doesn't even bring up the controversy surrounding Jett's death. I guess that's just not timely anymore...
They must really have him so wrapped up in the lies he can't even tell anymore.

Its the blackmail component. Who do you think released the information to the National Enquirer (different calculated timings) about both Travolta and Cruise be 'closet gays' or had suspicious tendencies to shut them up or rethink who held ultimate power as to career growth (that what the whole point). Ironic, the idea of clearing or what was to enhance their careers is now totally destroying their credibility. It is interesting; Scientology membership is way down, but since their inception (especially the '90s boom years) managed to invest members money into an amassing of tremendous real estate holdings worth billions that are non taxable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join