It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if I went to sports car forum, and kept debunking it. Normal people don't do this

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

The issue for many that bring analysis, sources and discussion of evidence is that it is met with hostility, wilful ignorance and accusations of shillery, limited paradigms and other such discussion closing tactics.

Did you notice i was falsely accused of constructing a straw man earlier in the thread?

Then they get more annoyed when you present more evidence and throw their toys out of the pram and accuse you of being a paid poster.

Many of us who discuss from opposite positions have "history".

I've been really bullish this week, and in the eyes of some, no doubt an asshole.

But meh - I don't really worry so much about the feelings of those who i have been open and helpful to in the past and received either abuse or wilful ignorance from. Demonstrating that they are ignorant, in one manner or another is quite cathartic.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The motto of ATS is "Deny Ignorance", not "Embrace Ignorance".

Not all conspiracy hypotheses are valid.

Not all opinions are valid.

Not all philosophies are valid.

Not all beliefs are valid.

Facts are valid.

We all fall victim to being wrong. I've been wrong a lot. Will probably continue to be wrong about a lot. But I'm ok with that. That's how we learn.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
ATS covers a wide variety if subject. Not everyone is going to agree on the same subjects or whether a conspiracy is indeed true or not.

Other conspiracies have multiple theories. Even believers won't always agree on what really happened for any given subject.

Just because I am not a huge believer in the idea that the government is covering up the existence of E.T.s visiting earth, doesn't mean that I don't think E.T.s exist and that that if if they did come to earth we wouldn't be able to identify them as such. I believe we anthropomorphize something we know way too little about far too much.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I agree that some try to debunk every single conspiracy possible, while others see conspiracy everywhere.

I'm a pretty open minded individual and I feel agnostic with about every conspiracy and I try not to laugh at whatever the belief others may have. Who am I to REALLY know the truth?

Hell, we don't even know what our reality is and what existence is in the first place, so I will not judge others for believing if by THEIR experience, this belief is something worth believing.

Everyone should be encourage to deny ignorance but when the truth is subjective, there is no reason to humiliate others by their beliefs.

I think many people fear conspiracies and react defensively and try to debunk by which whatever stands true in their own little reality. I also hope that many "evil" conspiracies are not real but I will not blind myself from the truth if indeed MY experience tells me that whatever conspiracy is probably going on.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MensaIT3

I suspect the there many people paid to sit on a computer all day, probably nighshift too, to make carry out work. Only a few threads back there was a thred about some ole bloke claiming he killed Marayln Munroe. Somebody said " if was or did that he would have been removed years ago. Why would they knock him off years ago when only made the claim in recent weeks it seems.??????????????????

Never mind we all make mistakes.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MensaIT3

That's what's happening on ATS day in day out

Yes many are saying bikes are cars, over the years its becoming worse and more and more are making or attempting to make a new religion that only requires words and beliefs.

I am also starting to get suspicious like you however from an opposite view point,

I cant comprehend that some are that ignorant so I suspect they must have ulterior motives, however its most likely that many cant shake their beliefs no matter whats shown to them, it goes in all direction from blind believers to close minded deniers.

Edit: Shouldn't this be in the rant forum, it sounds awfully a lot like a rant.

I mean yes you do have members in mind but wont post who as that would get you banned, so hence its simply you ranting about posting habits of members.
edit on 20-4-2015 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa. you'd gain much more insight into ufos by spending the time your spending in the forum.In your backyard at night. Unidentified does not mean alien.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I wholeheartedly agree.

The International Council for the Occultation of Ancient Technology. People who can Read Against Atlantis. Royal Society for the Trolling of Really Badly Thought-out Stuff. The Confederation of Contrary Opinions. Youtubers for Fact-Checking. The Pan Galactic Friends of Pointy Bosnian Topography.

They are all just trying to save the world from being dumbed-down, and more power to them.

This thread is only a little better than the one that got closed the other day, where a long time regular was called a shill for disagreeing with an OP about harmonics, inspite of them bringing facts, figures and so forth to a "discussion".

OP just makes him/herself sounds like a horrible cry-baby.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join