It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if I went to sports car forum, and kept debunking it. Normal people don't do this

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
You don't sign up to barbie doll forums if you are not into that kinda stuff.

There are people on ATS who are debunking everything and anything, stuff that is clearly over the top and stuff that is real.

Imagine that I signed up to one of those car forums and I just kept bashing every thread I come across.

Why did I sign up to sports cars website if I didn't like it.

Why am I CONSISTENTLY telling people their cars and rigs are stupid and wrong.

This is not normal human behavior.

There is something wrong with these kinds of people, and something right with their bank account

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MensaIT3

I just read posts I don't care who writes it, but when I come across post that is trying to spin something bad into nothing to see here

I scroll back up to see who wrote it and yup, same guy usually

(Shaking my head)

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

And what if you were on a car forum where a large section of the community kept posting pictures of bikes, and saying that they were in fact cars with four wheels and were made of matchsticks by elves rather than made of steel in a factory?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Yes it is the MOST normal of human behaviors when they're being paid to do it. This site is rife with professional debunkersbut if you spend any amount of time here it's comically obvious who to watch out for in certain forums. Their tactics only work on the occasional reader. Regulars know the score and keep lists.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
You could have used the example of people arguing on the Religion, Faith and Theology sub-forum, who don't like religion, faith, or theology.
We've been noticing that for a long time.

edit on 19-4-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I guess its a " for every action their is an equal and opposite reaction kind of thing " . If there was no debunkers on here i guess the motto would not be "deny ignorance " it would be here are the facts .

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

The site is about denying ignorance, not about blindly accepting each and every thought someone brings to the table. Many who are conspiracy minded are technically considered geniuses, and some individuals just plain crazy - who expect the rest of us to be stupid.

No, just because someone debunked your thread does not make them a shill.. nor are there all these paid shills on this site... some people are just looking for TRUTH.. actual truth, and to get to that, they have to find it.. not blindly accept whatever anyone throws at them.

Truth is important and trash needs debunked - in the ATS spirit of denying ignorance.

edit on 19-4-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Whhatttt ?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
You could have used the example of people arguing on the Religion, Faith and Theology sub-forum, who don't like religion, faith, or theology.
We've been noticing that for a long time.

Yeah I know what you mean
Crazy stuff

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

If I posted on a cars forum that Kia make the best cars in the world, there'd be a lot of debunking, debating and criticism coming my way. I'd deserve it too because other car manufacturers (or models) beat Kias across many areas...not all maybe, but most.

Moon hoaxes, flat earths, reptilians, baby-eating Royals, alien Presidents, racial prejudice, political division and pyramids built by tuning forks and water.

C' mon?!! Just because it's a conspiracy site doesn't mean that people can post any old garbage and everyone else has to shut their mouths about it.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

You sound awfully sure of yourself

I hope that works out for ya in the long run

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I do tend to go out of my way when I come here to try and debunk every alien encounter thread I come across. But, its not because I want to prove it wrong to support my own perceptions of reality.

Its because I'm desperate to find evidence of extraterrestrials and am challenging people to provide me with evidence, which will prove the existence of aliens.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

That's not what I am talking about

If you went to car forums and kept telling people that all cars are stupid and wrong

That's what's happening on ATS day in day out

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

I am awfully sure of myself.. truth is the only thing that matters to me.. and to find that, I have to figure out what the lies are and debunk them so others can see the truth too..

I am into the political side of things - where truth matters most in our world..

Everyone has their own interests for their own reasons.. but I will debunk lies.. even if it makes me unpopular...

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Yes yes you will debunk lies

Good for you

I just hope that the lies you debunk are not too often called lies by the MSM as well

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

You know it is against T&C's to call people shills..

people can disagree with you, and not be paid to do it.. happens every single day in RL, do you honestly think online was going to be different?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
If a thread reads as BS,it's going to be called out as BS..Heh,suck it up buttercup.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
You know it is against T&C's to call people shills

I didn't call you a shill

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MensaIT3
a reply to: Kandinsky

That's not what I am talking about

If you went to car forums and kept telling people that all cars are stupid and wrong

That's what's happening on ATS day in day out

Put it this way so you will understand..

hypothetically, if I really thought cars were stupid - lets say because of pollution etc and thought that we should be more concerned with mass transit and alternative fuels - I wouldn't be going to the barbie doll forum to share my thoughts on cars, I would go to the car forum to share my views..

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

sarcastic insinuations are obvious enough.... this entire thread is about calling anyone who disagrees with your point of view a shill..

I thought, as you are new to the site, you might need reminded of those rules you agreed to when you signed up.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join