It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto Patents GMO Cannabis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

First off, let me just thank you for having exorcised the poltergeist that would have turned that reply into a 50 page multi-post (btw, did anyone ever get to you as to what exactly happened???)

Secondly, whatever it was that you found, do you have any left??? That beats the alien abduction mission after the yoga fight in GTA V by a mile.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Well this will be where the wave breaks and rolls back for Monsanto. They're coming right at the hippies on their own turf with this one, and I think the Emerald Triangle is up to the challenge and then some. Even if the market doesn't reject Monsanto and they do make a competitive product, the covert nature of the growing business will make their patents unenforceable. Every grower who doesn't object to GM weed will raid Monsanto's gene pool and grow it in secret without paying Monsanto anything.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Ok... So 3 pages in this thread and not the OP link nor anyone has produced any credible evidence for any existing patent on cannabis. I'm calling hoax.

The site the patent would appear on is USPTO.GOV. Try finding the patent on google with searches like "site:uspto.gov intext:"cannabis monsanto" etc. Unless the patent was filed under a different corporate name, I'm not seeing it.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
does anybody remember what happened to Sgt Stedanko and Weird Jimmy in nice dreams.
never mess with nature using unnatural things.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

The thing is, there is no reason at all to GE cannibas; there are already many, many low THC strains of hemp that are perfectly fine. I mean, marijuana grows like...well... a weed. It does not need 'help' from those horrid corporations.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I disagree with the patenting of life forms. That is all.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Sadly, saw this coming a mile away. All about the profits, We The People be damned.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

It may not even be a stoner that writes stuff like that, just someone who wants to disrupt the conversation. Go back a decade or more and look at online debates about cannabis.

Obviously there is concern that Monsanto will try to 'infect' all cannabis plants with their Genetic Modifications, that way they can use the legal clause that someone is growing their 'property' without their permission or buying seeds from them.

My guess is Monsanto has been experimenting with cannabis for the better part of a half century and is more than ready when legalization becomes a reality.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Forrester7

There are literally thousands of patents on life forms, if you include all plants and seeds, and high I assume you are since you posted in this thread.

Virtually every plant variety you buy at a nursery has a patent on it.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Hey Richard, how you doing....oh that's right you prefer dick. Sorry about that, I will refer to you as Dick from now on

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes
a reply to: skunkape23

First off, let me just thank you for having exorcised the poltergeist that would have turned that reply into a 50 page multi-post (btw, did anyone ever get to you as to what exactly happened???)

Secondly, whatever it was that you found, do you have any left??? That beats the alien abduction mission after the yoga fight in GTA V by a mile.

True demons.
There are bloody faces.
I would like to believe it is settled.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I thought most strains of pot have already been genetically modified

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I like these kinds of threads, as it allows one to make a mental note of who might be tokin' whilst they post

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Monsanto is not just interested in canabis

They want THE WORLD

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

you're right if your thinking along the lines of dogs/cats etc

I think this is all about the macro

funbox

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpish
This is what Monsanto says about it:

Myth: Monsanto is developing GMO marijuana

Monsanto has not and is not working on GMO marijuana. This allegation is an Internet rumor and lie.

www.monsanto.com...

Are you all addicted to talking about Marijuana while filtering this information out of your perception?

Look what ayurveda has to say about it instead: www.somamatha.org...
You can chat about it as you are off-topic anyway
edit on 19/4/2015 by PapagiorgioCZ because: Your reason for the edit (must be filled out):

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Philippines

Yeah, 3 pages into the thread and the fact that this non story originated from the likes of "WeeklyWorldNews" is STILL being ignored by basically everyone (with exception of only a few).....pretty sad.

...or was it "WorldNewsDaily".... Can't recall.

Interesting how quickly a hoax article like that makes the rounds as if it is "truth"....and how fast it is picked up by "alternative media" without fact checking ("shocking", I know).

Confirmation bias is VERY strong with the many here and abound. (This garbage has been all over my fb feed for days...as if it's "true".......pathetic, really)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Monsanto won't rest until they control everything, will they?

They are like a plague.

"fiction reveals the truth that reality obscures" - Jessamyn West

The plot of the story centers around greedy megacorporations and the genetically engineered and patented crops that are used to feed and fuel human beings, their genetically engineered beasts of burden, and their machines. We’re not talking your run-of-the-mill biofuel, such as ethanol, here. No, Bacigalupi’s twist is to have the crops used to feed mulies and megadonts (genetically engineered descendants of mules and elephants, respectively, I think) that transform those calories into stored kinetic energy by walking treadmills that wind the aforementioned high-precision kink-springs. All “natural,” unpatented crops have been conveniently wiped out by agricultural disasters and diseases to which the genetically engineered crops turned out to be resistant or immune, leaving a few agricultural corporations in tightfisted, monopolistic control of the world’s primary sources of food and energy.

prometheus-unbound.org...

edit on 19-4-2015 by TwoRavens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
If this is true, and monsanto is cultivating marijuana or various strains of marijuana then that is a felony.

So, what say you gooberment?

Yes but we put people in jail in many states for 'paraphenalia' which includes marijuana seeds, so why is it ok for them to do in large scale what we as citizens are not allowed to do independently ourselves?

The constitution should be worth the hemp it was written on. (paraphrasing a McKenna quote here)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

That's all I am trying to say.

Then try saying it a bit more politely, and with a decent humility that acknowledges the possibility that you may not have all the answers.

As far as this thread is concerned, you have none. Monsanto is not producing GMO cannabis. And the scientific name for hemp is one you may have heard before, here and there: Cannabis sativa. Have a nice day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join