It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olivia Wilde Isn't Apologizing For That Photo Of Her Breastfeeding

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harvin

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: Harvin no it's clear your just a prude and don't understand what breasts are for. Stop feeling so hard done by,

LOL...what? I dont think i was going going to understand that anyway. The British education system leaves a lot to be desired.

All you have to do is think about it and it is just not really a good idea.

Maybe there are no Hooters restaurants in England?

Wait...I am sure the Spice Girls didn't expose their chestly features..did they?

Spice Girls

That's ok Brits...don'tcha wish your girlfriend were hot like me?

OK, so Mel B was doing it for Breast Cancer Awareness. But still, they kind of liked to exemplify what they were blessed with, except Victoria, who had implants.

So if implants aren't for feeding, just exactly what did Beckham like?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

She has nothing to apologize for in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaitingno I've been to the states a few times and know it's nothing like ats. That would be unfair to compare. I'd love to visit again

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
She has nothing to apologize for..this has been going on as long as mankind has been around, I personally do not know anyone who would get upset or stare..if you do..grow the fawk up.
The 1st time I saw such a thing I was maybe 11 yrs old and at a friends house when his mom produced her breast and started feeding the baby, it was a bit of a shock but after about 2 seconds that was it..no big deal.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
She has nothing to apologize for..this has been going on as long as mankind has been around, I personally do not know anyone who would get upset or stare..if you do..grow the fawk up.
The 1st time I saw such a thing I was maybe 11 yrs old and at a friends house when his mom produced her breast and started feeding the baby, it was a bit of a shock but after about 2 seconds that was it..no big deal.

I think it is actually a beautiful picture.

In that picture you see the love of a mother for a child. I see nothing wrong in it. Maybe some people are too afraid to see more than just the base ideas.

I don't think some people could handle seeing a picture of Mary and Jesus as an infant, and she breastfed Him. That's the way it was done, but people would be offended at that.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Doesn’t she understand that the sexual aspect of this IS HER BREASTS?

Not the baby’s big ass head

Woman are sometimes too cavalier about understanding the sexual nature of men, I believe.

Or are they just pretending they don’t understand?

Or maybe, women just expect men to be able to think past their penises long enough to understand context. I do think that most grown men can do this, and even many adolescents, although plenty (grown and half-grown alike) choose not to.

Many men expect to be able to fob off a lot of really crappy behavior on "Well, it's just my nature to be obsessively focused on sex", and it then becomes women's responsibility to not provoke that obsession, instead of men being responsible for themselves.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse
...getting a boner over a woman breastfeeding is really creepy if you ask me. I've spoken to lots of male friends here in the UK about this thread since it was posted and they all feel the same as me...weirdo's.
Perhaps it's a US thing? I wonder what would happen to a lesbian, atheist, black woman breastfeeding in public, probably get shot in some of the more backward areas.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
...getting a boner over a woman breastfeeding is really creepy if you ask me. I've spoken to lots of male friends here in the UK about this thread since it was posted and they all feel the same as me...weirdo's.
Perhaps it's a US thing? I wonder what would happen to a lesbian, atheist, black woman breastfeeding in public, probably get shot in some of the more backward areas.

I'm inclined to agree... It's kind of strange. And... It may very well be a US thing, we are inevitably inside out about sex.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

It's also getting a boner when there is a baby in the picture.

"Oh My Days"

To be fair, maybe such men are not being pure creepy, rather their subconscious is responding to an image of a highly fertile woman by preparing the man to breed, hormonally and tumescence wise.

Nah, f### it, they are just being total effing creeps lol.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse I was walking through the highstreet in my town earlier and pretty much every cafe/store/restaurant has a "Breastfeeding Friendly" sign on the door.
I have been genuinely surprised by some of the responses in this topic, didn't realise there were so many odd folk out there.
...what is really odd, and hasn't been mentioned so far as I have noticed is humans drinking milk from the tits of another species of animal, as I do. At least a baby feeding from it's mother is natural.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Woman are sometimes too cavalier about understanding the sexual nature of men, I believe. Or are they just pretending they don’t understand?

1) Same argument that religious fundamentalists (Jewish and Muslim included) use to demand that women cover up or not appear in public unaccompanied.
2) It is legal for women to go topless in public. Sadly, they don't much.
edit on 19-4-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Woman are sometimes too cavalier about understanding the sexual nature of men, I believe. Or are they just pretending they don’t understand?

1) Same argument that religious fundamentalists (Jewish and Muslim included) use to demand that women cover up or not appear in public unaccompanied.
2) It is legal for women to go topless in public. Sadly, they don't much.

Where is it legal?

And depends on the Jewish lady, maybe Hasidic Jews, but there are a lot of Jewish women who aren't religious. The Jewish women I know aren't afraid to go out in public alone. I think you should limit that to Muslim fundamentalism.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy
Where is it legal?
It's legal at every beach or public park near me when the Sun is shining I'm very pleased to say.
Heck, a woman could walk though town with no top on and the police would only be interested if someone complained and they thought there might be a potential public order issue.
I've never seen a woman do that, but I imagine if they did then there would be few complaints from any men.
Wow, the US seems totally repressed and backward compared to us oppressed Crown subjects in the UK lol.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
I think women should walk around topless, so there!!

I'm guessing that you don't work in an old people's home then

FREEDOM FOR ALL BOOBS! (and breast tissue too) LOL!

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Where is it legal?

It's legal here in France. Women can walk around with no top on, though we pretty much only do it near or on the beach.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If women exposing their breasts really is illegal in the US, how the # can they claim to be land of the free with a straight face?!

*Edit*
Considering that the US is only one of two countries in the world which taxes it's non-resident citizens for income earned overseas, they really are not the land of the free at all.
edit on 19.4.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Where is it legal?
It's legal at every beach or public park near me when the Sun is shining I'm very pleased to say.
Heck, a woman could walk though town with no top on and the police would only be interested if someone complained and they thought there might be a potential public order issue.
I've never seen a woman do that, but I imagine if they did then there would be few complaints from any men.
Wow, the US seems totally repressed and backward compared to us oppressed Crown subjects in the UK lol.

Why are you pleased for it to be legal for women to go topless?

See, this is exactly what we are talking about. You are pleased....when you see women's boobies....so it is sexual for you and you are not defending breastfeeding, but women going topless.

You could have said it was natural, that women in less advanced civilizations do it, but remind us again, when the British first started exploring exotic places, didn't your British sailors show less respect for their women and wasn't it the British that brought syphilis to those parts of the world?

Seems the British haven't matured when it comes to respect. The first thing British sailors did in the South Pacific was rape women. Where is the condemnation, or are you guys so unoppressed that women are still sexual objects to you?

Remember, it was the British in Colonial America that raped Native American women. Sad that it was my ancestors, but here you have a British person, who might have the same ancestry as I do, but more long ago, who is still pleased to see the sexualization of women's boobies, and you call us backwards.

Oh, you tried in the Victorian Era, too bad that it could also have been called "The Brothel Era". We know that London is called "The Brothel of the World".

Amsterdam ain't got nothing on London, and here's a fine Brit gent ready to remind us. Respect, dude, respect.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy
Lol, project your misguided thoughts much?
I walk through town topless in the Summer and I'm glad women have the same right as myself.
Some stores have a 'no topless' policy so I carry a t-shirt, same for any women who might wish to be topless.
Our laws are gender neutral. Yours appear to be backward, religiously based, and sexist.
Land of the cavemen lol.

edit on 19.4.2015 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: eletheia
I don't think breast feeding women are flaunting their breasts when feeding their child do you?

I'm with the poster *generic* on this one >>>

There's 'discretion' while doing so OR ...

There's 'putting on a theatrical production' while doing so!

ladyinwaiting said "I actually find modesty rather charming"

Me too.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
She should show some kind of modesty.. breast feeding your child is fine, but don't flip a tit out bare like that.. be discreet, place a towel or blanket over the nursing child... Go in the restroom or preload some bottles with breast milk.. the way she went about it screams controversy..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join