It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olivia Wilde Isn't Apologizing For That Photo Of Her Breastfeeding

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Again, the point I’m making is the underestimation of woman of the male sexual urge

I personally don’t have any problem with woman publically breast feeding but many people do and do find it sexual; she was commenting and implying they have a problem.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I'd be surprised if they did underestimate men's ability to turn anything into a "pwoar" fest.

Considering how many women have been sexually assaulted, objectified and so forth - surely a woman would have to be terminally naive to not know some men often behave like a personified penis with the red mists.

Maybe they just think "f### those idiots" and are hoping they will eventually grow up and go do something worthwhile rather than leering over a woman feeding her child in the way nature intended?

Why can't men take responsibility for their own feelings and reactions?

Surely they can?

ETA: i'll agree that she is right that some men (and women too) have an issue with this, i just think that it's their problem
edit on 18-4-2015 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Sure it’s their problem, if you think it’s a problem…that’s not the point.

When a woman gets sexually assaulted of course the problem is originally with the savage male that did that

But now the assault makes it her problem as well.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: generik
Wow, repressed sexual emotions much?
Glad you don't live in my community, and I'm a straight male who works in construction.
#ing dinosaur opinions if you ask me.
I work topless when the Sun is shining, only difference is my nipples don't produce milk, but that is acceptable, and you bleat about seeing a mother feed her baby...#ing dinosaur/caveman.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Let's just stick them all in Burkas then?

Maybe there is a better way though, and helping folk desensitise over the issue and get used to women doing what they have done for thousands of years worldwide might actually help, rather than having to apologise to people who could just be a bit more adult about it.
edit on 18-4-2015 by skalla because: i made it sound like she was feeding her child to people. not good

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Again, the point I’m making is the underestimation of woman of the male sexual urge

I personally don’t have any problem with woman publically breast feeding but many people do and do find it sexual; she was commenting and implying they have a problem.

OK, and it is the job of all of us decent, non caveman males to act when caveman pricks start bleating because a mother is feeding her baby.
You seem to be an apologist for such cavemen, I'm an activist against them, and please ignore my pretty flowers as I love a good justified morally righteous physical fight.
edit on 18.4.2015 by grainofsand because: typo

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I guess MEN regardless of HOW it effects will JUST HAVE to deal with it.
GEEZE, self control ISN'T THAT HARD. GET some PRIDE in yourselves and HANDLE it.

link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Absolutely not!

Show me something I wrote that defends caveman abuse of woman.

I have really brought out an over compensation chivalry gene in a lot of men here!

You should thank me for this op

You could even go show your wives how chivalrous you are tonight!

edit on 18-4-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

link   
Why are yanks so fearful of nipples?

It is common every day occurrence to breast feed in public over here.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Woman are sometimes too cavalier about understanding the sexual nature of men, I believe. Or are they just pretending they don’t understand?
By that comment alone you made breastfeeding a problem that women have to deal with, and/or adapt their behaviour.
If I had authoured this thread then I would have championed the actions of the 'famous' woman in the OP who I do not actually know. You made your stance clear in the above words I quoted.
It is a male problem of acceptance, and it is the job of every male to combat such dinosaur caveman views.
I do that, but you instead appear to blame women calling them cavalier.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I live in Iceland and here women breastfeed wherever and whenever they want.

I kind of think it's hypocritical that female superstars are allowed to appear almost naked and "shake all they've got" or male superstars get female dancers to dance in their videos (or by the evolution of production via producers and directors, doesn't matter...) and women aren't allowed to breastfeed their baby so they get the nourishment they need when they need it?

If youtube, mtv and the likes aren't "public" what is?

And don't you dare give me the "nipple" or 90-95% exposure vs. 75% exposure argument.

Bull# if you ask me. It's the most normal thing there is here in Iceland.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Woman are sometimes too cavalier about understanding the sexual nature of men, I believe. Or are they just pretending they don’t understand?
By that comment alone you made breastfeeding a problem that women have to deal with, and/or adapt their behaviour.
If I had authoured this thread then I would have championed the actions of the 'famous' woman in the OP who I do not actually know. You made your stance clear in the above words I quoted.
It is a male problem of acceptance, and it is the job of every male to combat such dinosaur caveman views.
I do that, but you instead appear to blame women calling them cavalier.

Let’s analyze this statement you accuse me of being (I don’t know what) being a dinosaur…

My statement was an objective one NOT A CRITIQUE OF HER ACT.

Objective in the sense that I was describing the OBJECTIVE state of the male sexual urge being just what YOU describe!

In fact she admitted herself she was surprised at the response of many people to her act...

SO all I was saying is SOMETIMES “Woman are (HER VERY ATTITUDE SHE ADMITTED TO) too cavalier about understanding the sexual nature of men”

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
How to defeat American Imperialism Occupations.. Bare up the nipples, they will turn and flee in fear.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
# off you were not supportive of women to breastfeed anywhere they need to in your OP at all.
...load of bull# in my perception, I read your words as a man advocating that breastfeeding should adapt to appease male lust.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
# off you were not supportive of women to breastfeed anywhere they need to in your OP at all.
...load of bull# in my perception, I read your words as a man advocating that breastfeeding should adapt to appease male lust.

Oh really

Amazing people often don't read threads

Read carefully please and see you've been bringing up what they call
STRAW MEN points

I have no problem with this lady breast feeding in public but what gets me is her saying some people find it sexual and that’s something wrong with them.

"I have no problem with this lady breast feeding in public"

edit on 18-4-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
What the # is wrong with her asking that question about weirdo blokes who have an issue with women feeding their baby in public.
It is the job of all decent men to protect nursing mothers from such pricks.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Only in today's world can they take something as simple and natural as breastfeeding a baby and turning in to a sideshow event. Had today's standards been around during the beginnings of human society forming our species would be extinct by now. Ridiculous.

Tomorrow's news: Civic leaders cry racism as blizzard creates "whiteout" conditions.
Maybe we deserve to go the way of the dodo.
edit on 19-4-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

It’s called objective reality

Face it pal you’ve lost this argument

All these men trying to please woman, I am very happy because I brought this out!

I believe in the protection of woman’s rights and the point of this op is to remind woman of the lustful nature of many (not all) men

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Baloney. ..its a necessity to nature...if you cant co trol your libido, its not the womans fault. My wife breast fed until 2.5 and I would knock a m effer out for being so immature as to take sexual impropriety by the most basic of natures functions. reply to: Willtell

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

A boob's first purpose is to express milk though surely, so isn't the problem in the mind of whoever cant see a tit without going all Beavis and Butthead?

Blaming everyone and everything but their own sexual immaturity? Absolutely spot on

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join