It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jaden Smith Cross Dressing & Kanye Wests 'Bible' .. We are living in the End Times..

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Dug up a conversation I had about some of those other silly things you could get in trouble for:

From Leviticus:
Eating fat or blood. (3:17)
Eating animals that don't both chew cud and have a divided hoof. (11:4-7)
Eating or touching the carcass of any seafood without fins or scales. (11:13-19)
Mixing fabrics in clothing. (19:19)
Trimming your beard or cutting your hair at the sides. (19:27)
Not standing in the presence of the elderly. (19:32)
Working on the Sabbath. (23:3)

Counter arguments 1 & 2.

Homosexuality would be carnal. So if the counter argument as to why these things don't need to be adhered to anymore is correct (from a Biblical standpoint), it should apply to homosexuality as well.

edit on 4-21-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: added "Leviticus"

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
It's the end times because a sheltered famous kid, and ego maniac rapper satisfy their "needs"?

I love spirituality, but this is what scares me about religion. What else in the world could make a person's thoughts go to this level of extreme? End Times? This is what end times is all about? I don't fear the Apocalypse when a sheltered rich kid tries to inspire people awkwardly. Will let's his kids be themselves, this is their weird conclusion.

Kanye is a narcissistic douche bag, isn't that well established?

End Times? I'm sorry to offend anyone, but you worry me.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these. - 2 Timothy 3:1-5

Nothing new. Not hard to Imagine a Christian writer living along side Romans finding these qualities problematic.

It's strange how you talk about anti-Christian media. Atheists are a tiny minority. How many Atheist TV shows really exist? Sometimes Scientists get on TV and ask questions. Obviously there is Bill Maher, but Christians have 1 million Channels + Fox News.

You act like it's a bad thing that the voice of skeptics is being heard. Tell me one good reason why we shouldn't hear everyone's voice. Do you favor silencing us?
edit on 04am01am302015-04-22T01:34:43-05:0001America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
It's scary so many people on this planet believe in the "end times".no wonder the world is in such a mess when billions have abstained their responsibility to look after the planet in this life time

Actually not many do. It's kind of an American specialty.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

You literally disgust me. it sickens me that you're using Jayden smith cross dressing as a signification of the "end times". You're ignorance is blinding. It is clothing.

First off, a man wearing a dress does not make him homosexual. What someone wears on their own body has nothing to do with any magic man sittin in the sky. It is a socially accepted norm for women, not men, to wear dresses, but as time goes forward (in a much better direction) pre dispositioned social standards are taking a leave slowly but surely. This generation is able to approach human nature and rights of us as individuals in a manor that is not based on faulty religion. And that's beautiful.

Secondly, the fact that you obviously lack the intelligence to be skeptic says enough on the validation of your thoughts and opinions. I'm an ATHIEST (oh no, I'm going to hell, scary!!) and I am an athiest because I've done myself the favor of picking up multiple books of different origins. Rather than bury my nose in scripture that in my opinion cannot be validated or solidified. As well as not being ignorant to history and the uncanny similarities Christianity has to multiple prior religions. Oh hey, and science LOL

I value myself more than anything or anyone else. Not because I'm greedy or selfish or careless. But because I am a living breathing representation of the world around me and how I choose to make of it. Afterlife is irrelevant and is only feared by those who've been told to fear it. You go ahead and continue to live in that fear. I'll put on a dress and laugh as you take material object and use it to justify means for anything at all.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Whoaa. As if I'm going to answer that many twatish comments.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

What do you expect from a twatish thread?.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Actually, what he's saying is true. I'm not even religious and I see the same thing happening.

You can't deny the fact that western society and culture is being manipulated and destroyed by the famous, with their twisted agendas through mass media.

and Kanye's bible...he knew what he did would be controversial and that his fans or followers would think such a thing was funny. If he'd have made kanye's Koran he'd have probably been beheaded by now.

Just because you have a personal vendetta against someone's religion, shouldn't mean you resort to bullying tactics.

Forget about extending this to homosexuality bashing, just look at what some of these people are doing and ask yourself why? Think about what the agenda behind such actions maybe and you'll see it's about destroying Christian values.

You might not care because you're not religious, but that doesn't make it right, to laugh at the concern of others.
edit on 22-4-2015 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Haven't we been in the end times since the dawn of man? Loons have been claiming the end is nigh for centuries...

If you still believe, in this day and age, that there is a magical sky wizard that watches over all of us, on this relative speck of dust in this vast ocean that is the universe, you need to get your head checked.

The bible is NOT the word of 'god', it is the cumulative work of bored old men who had nothing better to do with their time than to conjure up cryptic fairytales.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
It's scary so many people on this planet believe in the "end times".no wonder the world is in such a mess when billions have abstained their responsibility to look after the planet in this life time

Why recycle, cut emissions and quit dumping toxic chemicals in fresh water supply when you'll be whisked away to Heaven at any moment? These same people are so desperate for the rapture they support plotiticians who would bring about their apocalypse by starting a world war in the Middle East and rebuilding the temple all in order to usher in the return of Jesus (which isn't even his name lol). Self fulfilling prophecy of doom and they can't wait for it all to happen.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Destroying Christian values? Oh I must have missed all the wholesome Christians throwing their Bibles in the dumpster, then running around murdering each other and having homosexual relations in the streets.

**Note: rest of post is not in reply to DAZ21's post or viewson subject**

Christians really need to get over the whole persecution complex. There are no stadiums filled with cheering Romans as Christians are thrown to hungry lions and/or crucified. The only people persecuting Christians are those scumbags in ISIS and their allies, but they also kill 20x more Muslims than they do Christians.

Bottom line is that people are fed up with their lives being dictated by Christians, most of whom don't even follow the doctrines set forth by the Bible. Get your own houses in order, then maybe you'll be able to change the hearts and minds of all those evil sinners. Until then, stop whining about people refusing to be controlled and calling it persecution.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This is exactly the reason why Chirstians are being "persecuted" as you say. Christians have been saying this bs forever now. Religion has been around since mankind began pretty much, and you want to believe this one is the that got it right. Give me a break. Christians, like America, stick their noses in places where they don't belong, and that's why people don't care too much for your ideology.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
a reply to: boymonkey74

Actually, what he's saying is true. I'm not even religious and I see the same thing happening.

You can't deny the fact that western society and culture is being manipulated and destroyed by the famous, with their twisted agendas through mass media.

I certainly CAN deny the opinion that western society and culture is being manipulated and destroyed by the famous, with their twisted agendas through mass media. And I do. That's ridiculous. Famous people do things for attention. Us talking about it fuels this and so they do dumber and more outlandish things. This is what those idiots want. Indigent people getting offended.

and Kanye's bible...he knew what he did would be controversial and that his fans or followers would think such a thing was funny. If he'd have made kanye's Koran he'd have probably been beheaded by now.

That's because Kanye is a pompous ass. Everyone knows this. I kind of wish he HAD made the Kanye Koran, because then we'd be rid of him.

Just because you have a personal vendetta against someone's religion, shouldn't mean you resort to bullying tactics.

Forget about extending this to homosexuality bashing, just look at what some of these people are doing and ask yourself why? Think about what the agenda behind such actions maybe and you'll see it's about destroying Christian values.

There is no agenda. It's just stupid attention whoring and you are buying into it hook, line, and sinker. By the way, Christian values are a myth that Christians like to bandy about whenever things upset them. Most Christians are hypocritical though and don't even follow those values anyways.

You might not care because you're not religious, but that doesn't make it right, to laugh at the concern of others.

If those concerns aren't valid, it does make it kind of humorous. Kind of like laughing at the guy on the street corner in a brown robe yelling the "The end is here!" Oh wait. That's the OP.
edit on 23-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
What do you expect from a twatish thread?.

'It was the end of times, it was the best of times.'

I have a beautiful dress picked out for you to use during our Bible study class.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's not the lady gimp pvc thing you made me wear last time is it?.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
It's not the lady gimp pvc thing you made me wear last time is it?.

Nooooo!!!! That thing was in tatters by the time we were done anyway.

But it is just as freaky.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Oh noes I'm a Masons gimp !!!

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
"How about instead of just throwing out wild accusations"
How about you and the rest of the zealots stop throwing out wild accusations like the world is ending!
edit on 23-4-2015 by stopbeingnaive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Lost for words at the levels of ignorance and arrogance in this thread. It would actually be kind of funny if it wasn't representative of a large portion of the population.

It's absurd how something not hateful at all, albeit kind of offensive, can raise such a hateful response from people who are pretending to be peaceful.

The level of BS is high with anti-Christians who have a smart arse answer for literally everything. That's why I don't bother responding to most people because they're so full of BS and pompous arrogance that I would be here all day and longer.

As I said before it would actually be kinda funny if it wasn't such a dire reflection of soceity as a whole.

Awaiting more ignorant and abusive tripe in 3..2..1...

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

You were calling people evil ("with the spirit of anti-christ") and savages, and you seemed to be implying that someone wearing a dress is bad parenting and a sign of the end of the world.

Is it really surprising that people were offended like that? Would you not be offended if someone were calling you and your children evil, savage, and a sign of the world ending?

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join