It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Vapers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I know there are more than a few of you here, I'd like to see how many
What kind of mods you use, RDA? RBA? Tanks?
How long have you been quit the stinkies?

It's a day over two months for me, I recently upgraded to a subtank mini on a 20w istick and loving it so far.

Tell me some stories of people confronting you, how you reacted, that kind of thing!

We won't get started on big tobacco trying to regulate vaping out of existence with bunk science, or the mainstream news trying to paint it like the antichrist with no real scientific basis for those claims. The science so far is very positive. I tried every other method to quit and couldn't, e-cigs are the only thing that worked. Very well i might add. So any smokers out there, i would consider the switch! Save money, and dong slap big tobacco with millions of others like me.

PS: The government and big tobacco are mad they're losing millions in tax revenue from cigarettes, so there are bills popping up left and right to impose severe taxes on vape products (some in excess of 200%, seriously?!).

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I'd love to quit but "I cannae do it captain I don't have the power "

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: robbeh

That's what i thought too. The switch for me was seamless. Lowering nicotine levels once you start is painfully easy too. That, and the satisfaction of blowing a cloud so thick i lose my computer monitors for a few seconds. "The fog effects in this game are awesome! Oh wait.."
edit on 18/4/15 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AzureSky

I quit tobacco 2 years ago this July , haven't smoked a cigarette since.
I started on a cigalike and stayed with it until recently when I bought a Kanger Emow , very impressed so far.
I never wanted a box mod but I think I may get one as it seems a sensible next step.

It's a day over two months for me

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
EXTREMELY, happy I made the switch! I only need to condition myself that nicotine was the only thing tying me to smokes. I went from one to the other seamlessly as well. Been almost 2 months for me with no relapse. Currently using an itaste clik 1280 but will be switch to a 30 watt soon with a naetilus tank. Sorry if the names are wrong, still new to all the gear. Favorite flavors: loop ninja, electric punch and heisenberg menthol. Creme de la creme is soon to come to my local shop!

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

This little 20w eleaf fits in the palm of my hand. Honestly, saving money was one of my initial reasons to switch. In the long run you do but getting new gear can become a hobby if you're not careful. Subtank mini has awesome vapor production and taste but uses the juice probably twice as fast as the EMOW or similar devices, haha.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

but uses the juice probably twice as fast as the EMOW

That's the price you pay for Cloud Chasing

originally posted by: robbeh

I have friends who dual use , they use an e-cig to help cut down on the tobacco with an aim to quitting altogether.
It may be worth giving it a go if you want to quit , I smoked for over 20 years but as i get older I found the cons far outweighed the pro's , I can breath again now and and my lungs and heart love me.

edit on 18-4-2015 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

but uses the juice probably twice as fast as the EMOW

That's the price you pay for Cloud Chasing

Oh man, i'm no-where near cloud chasing right now. If i get myself an RDA (rebuildable dripping atomizer), it will eat juice even faster! But fill up a room with delicious smells.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Quit the analog cigs 2 years ago . On a whim I stopped by a local vapor shop , bought my first kit , and never went back to smoking. I had health problems before and they have all cleared. I would urge everyone that still smokes to make the switch ASAP.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: here4this

Good on ya man!

I just saw a "study" yesterday that says e-cigarette's don't help people quit smoking. I literally laughed. Another independent study not funded by big tobacco/government proved the opposite. Go figure.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I quit analogues last November and have a fair collection of kit
atommixani nemesis mod
marquis skeleton key mod
ZNA30 vv vw mod
Kamry 180 god box mod vv vw
Yihi SX mini S class vv vw mod
sigeli 100+ vv vw mod box

with various tanks and attys i vape at between 16w and 60w wind my own coils
from 1.5 down to .3 ohm for both flavour and cloud chasing
started at 18mg nic and im down to 4mg i love it.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ShayneJUK

Nice collection, i don't have the funds to delve into box mods like that. Needs more money for charger and batteries and such. Though i can't wait to get myself an rda, looking at the doge v3 or mutation or mutilator.. there are so many to choose from.

What's your favourite flavour? I went from 18 to 6 in two months. Easy as pie! This cinnamon danish stuff isn't pie, but close enough.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Nicotine is nicotine no matter how you use it.

Stogies ciggs gum patches or vape.

You are still feeding the monkey that was born the day you first started. And the monkey only dies when you do. That is the nature of the big fat gorilla they call nicotine.

(Sorry. Stepping away from the podium now...)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

That's not completely true.
When you're inhaling combusted tobacco, you're also inhaling a bunch of chemicals that amplify the effect of the nicotine(MAOI's), making it more addicting. There is very little study done on the real addictiveness of nicotine "by itself". One study shows that never-smokers exposed to pure nicotine show no sign of dependency on it. Nicotine is basically the same as caffeine, slight addictive properties, both are stimulants. Nicotine isn't as bad as people think it is. Its a natural thing that occurs in many of the foods we eat too, such as tomatos. (Now i'm remembering the tomacco episode of the simpsons)

I myself find myself less dependant on the vape than i ever was with cigarettes. It's a weird feeling to be honest. But yes, the gorilla will always be there. And when he starts smacking me in the head, i'd rather go for a better alternative than tobacco.
edit on 18/4/15 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I recommend upgrading to the istick 30w or the itaste mvp3. That subtank mini REALLY shines once you get 25-30w.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard

Using the 1.2ohm coils, don't really need much more than 17 or 18 on it.
Im not gunna bother with either of those though, i'm going right for the Smok xpro m80 when i have the money. The MVP3 is 10 bucks more than it where i order from

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Became a full time vapor about ten months ago and it is without a doubt the best decision i have ever made regarding my health. When your a smoker you become apprehensive about giving up. I certainly was.
My girlfriend was vaping already and she found the transition quite easy.
So i bought a "curve" brand BDC (bottom dual coil) kit and at the beginning i was vaping and smoking, but within a very short space of time i stopped with the cigarettes totally.

The nicotine in the vape liquid is enough and there is'nt the other 3,000 or so chemicals that you get in a cigarette.

I cant stress enough to any smoker out there that vaping will get you off the smokes very quickly

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
AHH , our wonderful government and the stuff they will do in the name of "regulation" . We know what that means (higher and higher taxation on a product in the name of our health .) Look at gasoline , coolant for air conditioners , cigarettes ,coal (the list goes on). All taxation without representation without any visible progress on the people's health and no valid proof .Now the war on CO2 has began.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I stopped smoking baccy 2yrs ago, beeen vaping since, ive gone from 22mg down to 16mg. I use a panzer mod with a 18650 high output battery, and a kraken rba. Ive tried smoking a few times in the last year when i ran out of eliquid, but i didnt like it, i thew the baccy away!. I intend to give vaping up also, im just working down the strenght of nic in the liquid until im vaping 0mg. Using a ecig to give up smoking works.
All the best.
B. V. H

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

When I lived in Winston-Salem some years ago I had opportunity to talk candidly with one of the RJR scientists. I know all about the chemicals put in tobacco in the mechanism called the nicotine transfer device.

Nicotine is a highly addictive one way chemical. The additives are formulated exclusively to help the nicotine make its way to the receptors in your brain in a highly effecient manner.

Once those receptors have the nicotine plugged into them the very first time they become very tuned to it even moreso than natural dopamines.

Long story short, you are hooked and it now ownes you.

Lots of people quit. All of them have residual wanton moments.

It is why it is a very important business model to reach the young persons of every age. Even underage. Guaranteed repeat business.

*now runs away from podium*

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join