It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professional hunter trampled to death by elephant he was hoping to slay

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I know.

For my part, I am indifferent to "meat".

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Excellent... what a scumbag!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
shame on you guys for talking joy in this mans death.

i dont like hunting either but the money it generates does alot for conservation.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

shame on you guys for talking joy in this mans death.
i dont like hunting either but the money it generates does alot for conservation.

Mmm.
No. Sorry.

"Money" vs "Respectable species on Earth"? No. Just - no. People can pack up and leave the area.
Elephants? Not so much.

People can also just contribute to the preservation/conservation of mammals by ensuring that the people who are starving ANYWHERE in the world are looked after.
Elephants? Again, not so much.

Killing elephants is not required or necessary for humans to cooperate to make sure every human is fed, has clean water, shelter, adequate clothing,etc. Can elephants do that? Make sure that their offspring/fellow elephants have enough?

As long as humans are around and attempting to 'vanquish' them, the answer is "no."

edit on 4/18/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Fantastic and amusing news! I am unusually warmed and fuzzified inside by this. Only a shame there is no video.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Poachers wanna play stupid games they win stupid prizes!
@

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

I am all for poachers being punished, but I am curious why you felt the need to make such a statement in this thread because surely you being a member of ATS would drive you to investigate the issue you speak about upholding the motto of Deny Ignorance.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Karma. Perhaps he will be reincarnated as an elephant

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Killing elephants is not required or necessary for humans to cooperate to make sure every human is fed, has clean water, shelter, adequate clothing,etc. Can elephants do that? Make sure that their offspring/fellow elephants have enough?
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
what are you talking about? i'm sure you have good intentions , but you dont make any sense.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

what are you talking about? i'm sure you have good intentions , but you dont make any sense.

I'm talking about humans actually coexisting with other animals....and how there is plenty of space for both, if only humans wouldn't be so "territorial."

Yes, I have good intentions. There is no reason that the amount of "money" out there IS NOT used to feed, house, clothe other people. Instead, that money is spent on "other things" - jets, McMansions, political campaigns, Wall Street, religious leaders, war-mongers, etc.......

The elephants have nothing to do with it.

It is about human beings caring for their fellow human beings WITHOUT KILLING OTHER SPECIES of mammals. We have the tech and ability to do that. We don't need to annihilate other species (or destroy the planet) to accomplish it.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I'm talking about this ^

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I'm talking about humans actually coexisting with other animals....and how there is plenty of space for both, if only humans wouldn't be so "territorial."

It is too bad you didn't watch past the 4-minute mark because at the 6-minute mark it speaks a bit of how wild elephants coexist with humans.

I know you would prefer the people there just move from their homes that they barely eek out an existence at already to some other land and start over without anything. Maybe they should have followed their ancestors that left Africa over a hundred thousand years ago, but they didn't and they are not happy that the elephants trample and eat their crops they work hard to grow. They are especially not happy when one of their relatives is killed for no reason except they were in the wrong place at the wrong time which may be the fields where they grow their crops.

Elephants are territorial and their territory happens to be wherever they are.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

It is too bad you didn't watch past the 4-minute mark because at the 6-minute mark it speaks a bit of how wild elephants coexist with humans.

Actually, I made it to just over 5 minutes. I do understand the point.

I just don't think humans need to 'compete' with elephants. Just leave them alone.
Move away. Let them be elephants.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
You know what, people? I find it really awkward and odd that so few people ever "star" this vid.
I've posted it innumerable times on here...

but, it seems (and I might very well be mistaken, wrong, etc...) that very few ATS members appreciate it.

It really IS HOW I FEEL.

I DON'T EXPECT STARS - I just want to know if people see any sense in the sentiment and thoughts as illustrated in this video.
I just don't understand why other humans aren't "on board" with it.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: IceHappy

Kudos to her for hunting poachers! I would not go so far as to wish something like that happen to someone,but yeah,I'd like to pet that Elephant. Of course I would then be trampled as well,but hey,I'm okay with going out that way.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Here is the reality. If legal hunting stopped and the villagers that have lived there all their life were to abandon their lands(which is all they have) for a city slum not only would those people be much worse off so would the elephants.

The video which is old was made just before legal hunting of elephants came about. The elephant population was around 50,000 at that point and wildlife management was poorly funded. Since people do not work for free there were fewer park rangers and poaching was far more prevalent for the ivory. Because there is a demand for ivory making it illegal is about as successful as making drugs illegal. In the 70s and 80s the elephants were an endangered species because of poaching.

The problem there isn't the legal hunting. The money from legal hunting funds the ground patrols which are the only thing that hinders poachers. The poachers are only after the ivory, most of which is demanded by the people of Asain countries. Poachers don't care how they kill them the easier the better they have used cyanide to kill hundreds at a time.

So if the villagers move away and ground patrols fighting the poachers lose funding there will be little to nothing stopping poachers from slaughtering the population for ivory.

The money from every legal safari that kills one elephant funds the patrols who stop the slaughter by poachers about half of the money goes to the villagers in that area so they have a vested interest in not harboring poachers. The only way to stop poaching all together is to stop the demand for ivory and the demand doesn't come from Africa.

edit on 18-4-2015 by Grimpachi because: durp

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: IceHappy

Hey Ice! Good Post here! Thanx Man!! Later, Syx.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Yay for the elephant!
shame some Other sic hunter will try to kill it for killing a human!
I hope he gets killed to.

they kill baby elephant and think they are hunters!!!
pay back is a bitch!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
In my best movie trailer voice...

"When the hunter becomes the hunted...".

hunting for the sake of just hunting sucks.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Well he died doing what he loved. Good for him lol

<< 1  2    4 >>

join