It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Underground Tunnels Connecting Wal-Marts Throughout The South

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: smarterthanyou
a reply to: Daedal

I've heard of drills that actually melt rock and dirt, nuclear boring machines. This one has a few patents listed. I know these haven't been proven directly, more or less heresay and anecdotal evidence. But theoretically it would melt as it drills, creating a hardened tunnel of compressed rock and dirt on the outer circumference that would support the tunnel itself. If that is the case you wouldn't need to remove any dirt because it would be compressed and melted into the tunnel wall exterior.

I've always thought that idea of tunnel boring machines was very interesting.. But.. How would the machine know the make up of the soil? Or I mean are they only going through rock? What is always for sure going to melt and form a strong tunnel?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

They get the best geologists, they use ground penetrating radar (which was probably classified in the 60's and 70's until more recently as its become widely used) and they use a drill that is insanely hot and melts anything in its path. They would probably pick ideal pathways spanning perhaps hundreds of miles that contain a lot of a certain type of rock or mineral that provides the easiest going and strongest tunneling. They could also infuse material in ahead of the drill to help with the solidifying process.

edit on 4/18/2015 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: smarterthanyou

If that is the case you wouldn't need to remove any dirt because it would be compressed and melted into the tunnel wall exterior.

Please explain how that would work. Melting something changes its state, not its mass. How would melting earth cause its density to change? It would still be composed of the same minerals, wouldn't it?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: smarterthanyou

and they use a drill that is insanely hot and melts anything in its path.

I'm fascinated with this concept. Aside from pure unobtainium, what could this drill be made of so it doesn't melt itself?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
They should do the same with McDonalds. Their cheesebergers can last forever.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Tungsten maybe...it's melting point is roughly 6,200 degrees fahrenheit, second only to carbon.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentSmith
You should check out the Greenbriar and in the UK the Burlington bunker. It's remarkable what you can do under people's noses without them noticing.

Both of these bunkers are in remote locations, well away from the prying eyes of the average citizen passing by or living in the area. In addition, Burlington was built within an existing quarry!

I get that people want to stretch the bounds of reason, but building a bunker on a private estate or in an existing quarry is absolutely nothing like building a "network" of tunnels underneath highly populated areas.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

I'm fascinated with this concept. Aside from pure unobtainium, what could this drill be made of so it doesn't melt itself?

We don't usually agree.. But this particular concept of a drill that melts anything... What in the world is it made out of? How does it keep it's shape? Why is it not covered in melted rock that can't come off? Where does it end and the Earth begin?

And then what if you hit a pocket of earth that when "melted" it's just like Oxygen and Nitrogen.. What if there is nothing to "melt?"

lol

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: pianoasis

I know I am having a lot trouble with it as well and of course you are quite correct I'm just not intelligent enough to have any answer that wouldn't involve the spilling of blood ,which I do not want to ever see.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I've done contract work at 6 different stores here in the south and have been all through those stores: sorry, no tunnels or passages to tunnels.

I worked for a company that used to level the concrete pads for Wal Mart when they are built and I have yet to see one tunnel entrance.

I don't think that would be easily missed.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Daedal

Of course, a magical nuclear thingamabob that just makes the dirt disappear!

Well, when you're already formulating an impossible conspiracy you find you need ever more outlandish notions to clean up all the little loose ends that more sensible people raise in debate - just like creating thousands of "actors" to support a theory of a false flag, or "holograms", or even aliens!

All those loose ends become quite problematic for the average conspiracy theorist.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal

Tungsten maybe...it's melting point is roughly 6,200 degrees fahrenheit, second only to carbon.

Tungsten melts even when you accidentally weld too slow.. In fact my uncle has to buy tungsten Rods all the time for his welding.. And this is in a very controlled environment. They aren't supposed to melt, but they do.

Anything "that won't melt" is ALSO in the ground. The entire concept is silly, unless it's a Giant Diamond drill. And even then.. I don't personally know how much heat until a diamond melts.. But for sure Tungsten is too weak.

edit on 18-4-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Wel you could use a powerfull laser, so nothing of the equipment comes in direct contact, only for pushing the melted stuf in a supporting shape.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant

Wel you could use a powerfull laser, so nothing of the equipment comes in direct contact, only for pushing the melted stuf in a supporting shape.

You want to melt ROCK with LIGHT.

What kind of crazy power source would you be using?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Yeah I agree it doesn't make any sense, but then again that's the idea. I didn't make the conspiracy up, I came across it and posted it here so fellow members such as yourself could help in determining the veracity of the claim.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

You want to melt ROCK with LIGHT.

What kind of crazy power source would you be using?

Nuculer, of course.

If you were pushing melted rock it would still be that hot, so I can't see how that would help.

ETA: To clarify, I'm not arguing with you, just adding to what you said.
edit on 18-4-2015 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Even melting the rock to a liquid, or even if you could get it hot enough to become a vapor, still does not negate it's mass.

Worse: if you heat the rock to liquid or vapor, it's volume will increase. You still need to put it somewhere.

Then there would be the whole ground shakes. Rocks are going to shift, thinks will tremble and shake. This is going to show up on seismographs....and you would end up with a progressive trail, so it couldn't be written off as normal earthquakes or tremors.

The only way I could see this being done with any half way chance at keeping it secret, is: they would have to have equipment that can literally make the rock disappear and cease to exist, while at the same time, and very, very quickly, putting into place material that can hold the rock into place (because if you remove rock, it can shift).

The only way we know of making matter simply disappear is through matter/antimatter mix.....and that would release vast amounts of energy.....

Unless they have a Star Trek type of transporter and are beaming the rock out into space......

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Wel you could use a powerfull laser...

You would probably be better off with a frickin' laser.

Mounted to a shark.

edit on 18-4-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Now that WE know too they can be exploited later, if any attempt is made to overthrow the Constitution.

Tunnel rats!

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Here's an article on boring machines and underground tunnels (with photos):

projectcamelot.org...

Melting rock into glass to eliminate debris? Don't know how credible Phil Schneider is, as I am aware he claims to have fought aliens at the Dulce base.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join