It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chops Sawyer - Puppets That Rock

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
As a child I wasn't into puppets. As a young man I realized I was wrong as I religiously watched MST3K.

But this, this is puppetry at a level I've never seen. Not only can this guy play Tom Sawyer he does it with a puppet. Amazingly stupid. The time and effort to make the puppet drum kit and to learn to play this song, very close to tits on, surely shows that humanity needs to be destroyed as we have far too much time on our hands and are creating puppet drum kits with tin cans and learning how to play complex tunes with said puppet.

It's still way cool. Afterwards is a concert by Spinal Tap.

edit on 4/17/2015 by TheSpanishArcher because: Because. Spinal Tap Rules.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

I saw this posted earlier on facebook!

That is the coolest puppet ever and the drum set is something I devoted a good 10 minutes trying to stare at to figure out how it was made.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Seriously, they look and sound like real cymbals, what's up with that?

The only thing that would have improved that video is a cameo by Tom Servo or Crow.

I wonder what Neil Peart thinks about a puppet that's almost as good as him.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

I was thinking the cymbals are like finger cymbals, have seen them used by belly dancers before.
And then it looks like a little tin bucket, a canned veggie can, a bigger coffee can, and I dunno for the stands with the cymbals..
The puppet has springs attached to the arms and his head bobs down when the base drum is hit.

yep, I watched it more than once...lol

The only thing that would have improved that video is a cameo by Tom Servo or Crow. I wonder what Neil Peart thinks about a puppet that's almost as good as him.

I had almost the same thought.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Yeah, but do they make tiny splash cymbals? I mean really tiny? That's like a half inch splash in the front and the dude hits it. Maybe he pulled them off of the Neil Peart model Geddy has in the Snakes & Arrows video or some other model drum kit.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
That was so cool! LOL Thanks for sharing this!!

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

No need for thanks. As a card-carrying Rush geek I'm contractually obligated to post anything cool regarding Rush.

top topics

join