It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

El Crazy Che - Amazing Story from A Golden Age of Espionage - Fidel, CIA and AMD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Ok, I think we must watch this one. This is the story of Guillermo Gaede, he worked with the government of Fidel Castro and then with the CIA. I don't think I need to say more, it's candy for ATSers.

Like many Latin Americans who grew up in the 60s, the Argentine Guillermo Gaede admired Ernesto "Che" Guevara. In 1973, at age 21, "Bill" as they say you all- joined communism and prepared to help Cuba, as he had done his compatriot. But his attempt to travel to the island failed when the country rejected his request for visa.

A decade later, thirty years old, married and living in the United States, Gaede came up with a different way to collaborate with the government of Fidel Castro. He was an engineer and had found work in one of the most important companies that emerged from the fledgling US computer industry: Advanced Micro Devices (AMD).

So it was that had the idea of transferring to Cuba technological secrets on how to build integrated circuits AMD. "I became a spy for the Cuban government," he told BBC Gaede, during a visit to Buenos Aires.

Guys, need to translate the whole source and read it, this story is amazing :

www.lanacion.com.ar...
edit on 17-4-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

This looks excellent, thanks for posting. I'm going to have to google translate, since my spanish is very malo.

new topics

join