It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL: UFO's, Aliens and Official/Government acknowledgement

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Hey VH, I just glanced at your Westall thread, nice job! You're right about your assumption, if people listen to the witnesses a rational person would have to know that was a genuine flying saucer. The weather balloon explanation of the government was a joke! You should resurrect that thread, it is an ATS classic!

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Too funny - I would miss the joke -

- because the writing on the "edit" section is too small for me to read unless I zoom in, and since I always assumed the only readers to whom the edits of posts matter are the moderators and admins, I just never bother...

Now, back on topic:

Voidhawk makes an interesting counterpoint, re:

The question of whether anyone would believe the government were telling the truth if they ever announced that Aliens 'do' exist...
...Personally, I'm not so sure I would.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Ha!. One day lostgirl you will understand my sense of humour.

And if the government made an announcement that aliens did exist then I think it would depend on the circumstances. If they found something on Mars, or the Solar System. like a tiny bacterium then I don't think people would doubt it. If it was a strange message from beyond the Solar System then I don't see a problem.

But if we were told that evil aliens were approaching the solar system and were coming here to steal 'our souls' then we'd be wise to question it and question why aliens required our souls.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

I think many people will say they can think independently and don't need government acknowledgement of a situation to accept its reality. Okay fine. If you take that position, please give an example of something significant which you accept which is not accepted officially, or runs counter to conventional wisdom, if you so desire.

Well here's one. I accept this is a 'phenomenon' but has little credibility. But there is a close analogy which can be made.

Many people believe in ghosts and that they are spirits of dead people. Some even believe various methods of communication can be made via 'spiritualists' or whatever they choose to call themselves.

There seems to be plenty of evidence with photos, video and personal experience of those seeing strange things and even communicating with the dead via 'spiritualists'. But to my knowledge the proof is just not there.

Unlike aliens, there is no 'Ghost disclosure' movement to get the government to confirm the existence of 'ghosts' or that people really can speak to the dead. Yet stories of ghosts go back to the earliest days of civilization. Even though I don't think anyone has ever seen the ghost of a Brontosaurus.

Do people really believe the evidence for 'ghosts' being the spirits of dead people has any validity?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Yes, I definitely agree - would depend on the content of the announcement..

And to the OP:

Apologies for taking up so much room in your thread and only just now addressing the poll question!

My answer: Neither my belief nor disbelief is dependent on government acknowledgement...
edit on 18-4-2015 by lostgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I think I would need to witness something myself before I acknowledge that it's real. And it would need to be like this is an alien, Florasaurus meet alien, alien meet Florasaurus kinda thing, this is his spacecraft and he's going to tell you about how his friend crashed in Roswell and how his friends are all being held hostage in Area 51 kinda thing.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

I think many people will say they can think independently and don't need government acknowledgement of a situation to accept its reality. Okay fine. If you take that position, please give an example of something significant which you accept which is not accepted officially, or runs counter to conventional wisdom, if you so desire.

Well here's one. I accept this is a 'phenomenon' but has little credibility. But there is a close analogy which can be made.

Many people believe in ghosts and that they are spirits of dead people. Some even believe various methods of communication can be made via 'spiritualists' or whatever they choose to call themselves.

There seems to be plenty of evidence with photos, video and personal experience of those seeing strange things and even communicating with the dead via 'spiritualists'. But to my knowledge the proof is just not there.

Unlike aliens, there is no 'Ghost disclosure' movement to get the government to confirm the existence of 'ghosts' or that people really can speak to the dead. Yet stories of ghosts go back to the earliest days of civilization. Even though I don't think anyone has ever seen the ghost of a Brontosaurus.

Do people really believe the evidence for 'ghosts' being the spirits of dead people has any validity?

Sorry, you lost me a bit with the first sentence. You are saying you accept the existence of ghosts?

Sure, acceptance of the phenomenon of "ghosts" and acceptance that an alien race or alien races are interacting with earth have some similarities, but significant differences as well.

In the case of UFO's, we have literally tens of thousands of reports spanning the decades, and a significant proportion of those from highly credible witnesses, such as military pilots, civilian pilots, radar operators......we have a whole slew of top level people from presidents, military leaders, prime ministers, scientists all with famous quotes on UFO's and the alien interaction, we have the physical evidence of some crop circles and cattle mutilations, and the abduction testimony of thousands of people from all over the globe. All of these topics with backup can be found on ATS.

None of this exists for "ghosts", or very little by comparison, so I'm kind of surprised you would be more convinced that "ghosts" exist rather than the alien interaction with earth.

Unlike some secrets that I don't begrudge the government of keeping, many who have come to realize there probably is an ongoing alien interaction with earth feel that decisions are being made that affect the whole earth by too few, and those few are the ones that have made the worst decisions over the decades, and probably the ones involved in the Kennedy assassination and at least had knowledge of 911 and many other unethical operations, these are the WORST people to be making important decisions on behalf of mankind.

edit on 19-4-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: grammar, syntax and context

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Oops!
edit on 19-4-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Firstly I don't believe what people see as ghosts to be the spirits of the dead. But apparently a lot of people do and almost 1 in 3 Americans claim to have been in touch with the dead.

Source : www.dailymail.co.uk...

Apparently a number of American Presidents and Sir Winston Churchill have been reported as seeing ghosts. Are they not credible people?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Don't know how legitimate all that is I really don't have much interest in the whole topic. But it only took a quick search to dig that one out before we start saying there is no evidence for ghosts. There are people who talk of objects moving and ouija board messages from spirits as well as strange voices being recorded electronically. Temperature drops and electrostatic effects are also noted in 'haunted' places. So that's more evidence.

But what does it prove? Nothing on it's own.

I'm sure you can see where I'm going with it. No matter how much evidence is made available it can never be accepted until that evidence is testable and provable.

Do I think the US government covers it up (an alien presence) ? Well a government in one or two specific terms is capable of doing so. But is it possible for succeeding governments, some who have different political ideologies and allegiances to their predecessors to do so?

There is documented evidence going back to the 1950s that there was a cover-up going on. But this was more to do with the fact that the government(s) of the day didn't know what UFOs were not that they were in some secret alliance with an alien species. When these documents were written there was no FOIA and so people would not have had any idea that their memos would be read 3 generations later.

And if there really is a cover-up then who is also collaborating with the United States? Certainly the major Anglo nations would be, probably Western Europe and Japan but would China, the former Soviet bloc, Iran , North Korea all be happy to play out this game for generations?

So what is the anatomy of a global multi-generational alien cover-up and how deep does it run?

edit on 19/4/15 by mirageman because: re-sized pic

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE your family members still could believe but publicly will not admit it. I just think there is just way too much evidence for anyone with any kind of open mind to deny the plurality of worlds and that we have been visited. Whether they choose to publicly state this is another matter. My Mom was the same way she would give me weird looks when I talked about UFO's. She finally said one day "you know I think something really happened at Roswell " I think she has been watching the shows they have on TV, A lot of those are really convincing. I work for Lockheed Martin and My Mom is no stranger to the name Kelly Johnson. I Showed her where he had reported seeing 2 UFO's, also the Phoenix lights too where the former Mayor was it that came forward and said he saw the UFO. These could have been turning points.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Do you need to see Official/Government acknowledgement of the situation before you truly accept it yourself?

No, I don't - but it would help. Much preferable would be if the "Others" (as Richard Dolan refers to them), simply present THEMSELVES to us, individually or en masse, to remove any doubt... (unless they're hostile -then nevermind.)
:

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Outrageo

cool pic. The one I saw disappeared into a cloud, the only cloud in the whole valley that night.

Very strange…

Much preferable would be if the "Others" (as Richard Dolan refers to them), simply present THEMSELVES to us, individually or en masse, to remove any doubt…

They have, in small groups or individually. I know subjective, I was with several friends and strangers that night. We all saw it.

En masse would upset the apple cart. But I'd like to see them take over an air show and put on a display the world will never forget, too.

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join