It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL: UFO's, Aliens and Official/Government acknowledgement

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Please tell me this was a 'tongue in cheek' post?

It is meant jokingly, right?

I just know (fairly certain based on how thorough a researcher you are) that you know that the page you posted above was not based in actual fact, as it is intended merely as a format "sample" to show readers of the document how to use the notations within it.

I feel idiotic even posting this - but just in case...

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

The answer really is in my post if you read every single piece of it carefully.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

No.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
If someone is on the fence a quick read of a Leslie Kean
book or a Tom Carey Don Schmidt book like "Witness to Roswell"
should have zero problem convincing someone without the need
of a Government endorsement.

If people are willing to spend a little bit of time the evidence is overwhelming.
If an ET can transverse time and space they can just as easily
not show up on radar or visually nor leave a speck behind as evidence.

if still in doubt read some of the thousands of pilot encounters.

Exactly

Listen to the people that are up at 30,000ft seeing massive craft that can do all sorts of crazy things. If we are not being visited or checked out by an E.T. or ancient advanced people then there is a ultra-secret highly advanced human project going on behind the scenes. JAL flight 1628 in 1986 over Alaska is highly credible in my opinion. There was also a story of a pair of F-15Cs that were either on a training flight and was vectored in or was sent to intercept an object and one of the pilots reported it appearing as a large rock suspended in the air.

One of my favorite is about an SR-71(you know the "fastest" plane in the world
) pilot that reported a light kept pace with his aircraft and even moved about it apparently checking the Blackbird out, in close proximity before shooting off.
edit on 17-4-2015 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I don't need it to believe in UFOs, I already do, but it will be nice to be vindicated for the times I was ridiculed.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

The government lies to us daily. I don't need their truth as I know beyond doubt E.T.s exist and have long before the US government says they don't.

I have not seen God, but we have God integrated in our money, court, and government. They accept God.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

You mean if there was a hypothetical situation where this document , taken from page 81 of the government of British Colombia's website didn't actually exist. This document does exist and does discuss extra-terrestrial's presence on earth.

Now say this didn't exist, aliens were visiting earth and no one admitted it. Would I need something like this?

Not necessarily - not a government document or the UN President announcing it to the globe in 6 languages.

Hmmmm . Not necessarily but I think it would take a mass of media coverage and someone like Brian May, astrophysicist and guitarist with Queen announcing that aliens are here and this is the evidence we've found to prove it.

Okay, first - I'm sorry if my previous post sounded snarky, because I seriously did not intend that at all! You are one of my favorite ATS members, because your research is flawless, you're open-minded, and your threads so well-written.

....I honestly thought you probably were joking, but the above reads to me as if it is taking that section of the document literally - so I went to the link to see if the link itself was the joke, and then saw the part of the page that said, "sample"...

So, now I feel stupid, so I'll just say 'apologies' again!

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

For me it's not about accepting it. I have no doubt we're not alone and have been visited many time. For me it's about stopping these lies. It's incredibly upsetting that we can't trust our own species, all the lies, the cover ups, the wars and fighting along with terribly made foods not to mention our lack to help our race as one united species instead of a divided colony that hates each other for no reason and puts money before a single Human life.

Because ETs and UFOs are a big deal, if the Governments of the world acknowledge them and publicized their existence, that to me would be the beginning of our race finally living together as one, plus we would have more of an incentive to work together instead of competing to see who can carry the biggest nuclear arsenal. It's about being truthful for once, much like how a parent wants their child to admit to eating all the cookies in the cupboard. Even though the parent knows they did it because of the crumbs around the mouth, all they want is the honesty.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Okay, first - I'm sorry if my previous post sounded snarky, because I seriously did not intend that at all! You are one of my favorite ATS members, because your research is flawless, you're open-minded, and your threads so well-written. ....I honestly thought you probably were joking, but the above reads to me as if it is taking that section of the document literally - so I went to the link to see if the link itself was the joke, and then saw the part of the page that said, "sample"...

I was partly joking but you missed the part of my post (i.e the edit) which makes it obvious.

edit on 17/4/15 by mirageman because: I fear I'm 16 days too late for this sort of thing.

But I was also trying to make a point that there are already documents (like MJ12) , military/agency whistle blowers and people in governments who already will tell you aliens are here. But we still need to scrutinize and question their authenticity.

I don't need my government or anyone else's government to tell me. But it would take something like a mass media news event where reports come in of alien ship, signal or presence to convince me.

edit on 18/4/15 by mirageman because: typo; no april fool this time

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LA1IMPALA

I am sure most people believe in UFOs. Even if they publicly do not admit it. As far as the smoking scenario in the mid 60s my Uncle was over weight and his doctor told him to start smoking.

I'm not sure about that. Up until a few years ago I did not, as I have said before I believed other intelligent life existed somewhere in the Universe (with the large assumption the human race would be considered "intelligent" by other species in the Universe), but it wasn't visiting earth. SETI was real, and people who believed that crop circles, cattle mutilation or abductions were anything but human related or hallucinations were mentally unstable.

As I have also said it is a fact that I was socially conditioned and "soft brain-washed". I saw the Paul Hellyer video, ex-Canadian Defense minister, talking about visitors from another world, no that was not proof, but he was an extremely credible individual and that started me looking.

Now, however, it is difficult to have a conversation about this with any family or friends, and they are all fairly open-minded individuals. I get eye-rolls and smirks, like poor "_____", how could he believe in this? Whereas they are willing to discuss almost any other far-fetched topic under the Sun.

I think most people are socially conditioned to dismiss this topic, if they haven't had first hand experiences. And even those that have had first hand experiences are loathe to talk about it for the same reasons.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

And has anyone reported skunkape23's serious case of forum diarrhoea in this thread?

Yes, I just mentioned it, not sure if anyone else did. I'm sure it was some kind of tech glitch..........

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I don't need my government or anyone else's government to tell me. But it would take something like a mass media news event where reports come in of alien ship, signal or presence to convince me.

But you have covered some of those events yourself in your threads. Such as the 1952 Washington UFO incidents. The Battle of Los Angeles. The Phoenix lights. (I realize you covered the first but not the latter two)

All have elements of what you just said above, mass media coverage, thousands of witnesses for each event, feeble official explanations, yet lacking government acknowledgement. And you remain unconvinced.

edit on 18-4-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Do you need to see Official/Government acknowledgement of the situation before you truly accept it yourself?

I don't need official acknowledgement as such but if they provided testable evidence to prove ET visitation the I'd happily take it.

So, take the smoking example, and you were living back in the late 50's or early 60's before the landmark Surgeon General's study.

So you could observe someone or yourself be a heavy smoker, say 2 or 3 packs a day, have much of your own empirical or circumstantial evidence that smoking was harmful, but still need a proper study with controls, statistical significance, verifiable and duplicable etc before acknowledging the ills of smoking?
edit on 18-4-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

And has anyone reported skunkape23's serious case of forum diarrhoea in this thread?

Yes, I just mentioned it, not sure if anyone else did. I'm sure it was some kind of tech glitch..........

One of the mods got back to me and said that the only two solutions were either removing all of the posts in the thread or none of the posts.........so, I guess we'll just have to hope our friend doesn't decide to chime in again or does so with a fixed computer.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I don't see how one scenario has anything to do with the other. No one is,claiming cigarettes and cigars don't exist. And probably no one on here lived in the days where the government didn't acknowledge the dangers of smoking or at least we're just little kids at the time. Most of us have grown up in a world where we know the dangers of smoking.
And all of us live in a world where people from other planets have not yet been found. We are all still waiting for this to happen.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I did.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

I don't see how one scenario has anything to do with the other. No one is,claiming cigarettes and cigars don't exist. And probably no one on here lived in the days where the government didn't acknowledge the dangers of smoking or at least we're just little kids at the time. Most of us have grown up in a world where we know the dangers of smoking.
And all of us live in a world where people from other planets have not yet been found. We are all still waiting for this to happen.

Of course cigarettes and cigars exist. It was the harmful effects that went unacknowledged. I was born in the late 60's so witnessed the tail-end of smoking ignorance, if you were born from 1980 onward it would be tough to imagine how routine smoking was pre-1970. Parents smoked in cars with kids in them. You went to the doctor and he'd be smoking while you got your physical. Hospital waiting rooms were filled with smoke. Planes, restaurants, buses, offices were filled with smoke. Teachers smoked in the hallways of schools.

My point is this. Were the dangers of smoking always there, or did they change in the 60's and 70's? Of course they were always there. Some recognized these, some did not. Society's relationship with smoking did not change until the government officially recognized it as harmful. But the link was not hard to see, anyone who used logic could see that smoking had the potential to easily be harmful. It wasn't hidden like the link between say aluminum and Alzheimer's. The empirical and circumstantial evidence was there. But it took official/government acknowledgement for millions to accept that, and still many didn't accept that smoking was harmful.

There is much evidence to suggest there is an ongoing alien interaction with this planet. Yet because the government has not yet acknowledged it, many refuse to accept it. I'm sure you have heard of the fable of "The Emperor's clothes"?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

But you have covered some of those events yourself in your threads. Such as the 1952 Washington UFO incidents. The Battle of Los Angeles. The Phoenix lights. All have elements of what you just said above, mass media coverage, thousands of witnesses for each event, feeble official explanations, yet lacking government acknowledgement. And you remain unconvinced.

I'll give a more detailed explanation of what I mean.

The '52 sightings and Battle of LA come from a different era. Although they produced reports that eventually spread around the world there was no mass of live film coverage. There is just one solitary photo of the UFO from the Battle of LA and none from the DC sightings as far as I recall. Although 'aliens' may have been presented as a possible explanation there was no overwhelming view that both events were caused by aliens. Even the Phoenix Lights had no mass media 'live' from the scene video reporting of the event.

What I mean is if something like a modern day "Roswell" crash, or just a landing, occurred in broad daylight. Probably not too far from a major population centre. A situation where the media just had too much evidence to deny it was something alien. News helicopters swarming all over the crash scene clearly showing a strange craft. Experts confirming strange intelligent signals were being received hours before. Astronomers telling us about tracing an object's path entering the solar system and it's trajectory to earth. If all those elements were there and being presented via a number of media outlets then I think it would seal it for most people.

Ever since we had 24 hour rolling news media, broadband internet and smart phones though the aliens don't seem to land and crash here any more.

edit on 18/4/15 by mirageman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I was born in 57.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

originally posted by: VoidHawk

The poll question is this:

Do you need to see Official/Government acknowledgement of the situation before you truly accept it yourself?

Well, that depends on what I myself have witnessed!

I dont need no lying government to confirm or deny things for me.

Okay, but have you ever seen a blue whale? Have you ever seen Mt. Everest?

If I "witnessed" hundreds of people telling me that blue whales exist, hundreds of experts confirming that blue whales exist, then that would probably cause me to believe that blue whales do indeed exist.

I think you missunderstood me.
When I said "Well, that depends on what I myself have witnessed!" I was not saying that I would need to see something before I believed in it, I was saying that IF the government were telling me something, I'd likely need to find some evidence of my own before I believed them.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join