It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL: UFO's, Aliens and Official/Government acknowledgement

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Okay, first, I would like people to consider a hypothetical situation.

The hypothetical situation is this: there is much circumstantial evidence for an ongoing extra-terrestrial interaction with the planet earth, but no smoking gun evidence, government/officialdom offers up explanations, however implausible. However, again hypothetically, there IS actually an ongoing interaction with earth by non-human intelligence(s).

The poll question is this:

Do you need to see Official/Government acknowledgement of the situation before you truly accept it yourself?

Look at smoking. Some people always knew it was unhealthy, and some had to wait until the Surgeon General's report of 1964 which found smoking usually had many unhealthy consequences before they acknowledged the truth.

I think many people will say they can think independently and don't need government acknowledgement of a situation to accept its reality. Okay fine. If you take that position, please give an example of something significant which you accept which is not accepted officially, or runs counter to conventional wisdom, if you so desire. I think belief in a higher power doesn't really count as though that may not be officially "recognized", the majority of people in the world believe in this so it doesn't really prove an ability to think counter to the masses.

Thanks in advance for your responses. Please avoid diverging into the topics of proof or disproof of a non-human interaction with this planet, there are a multitude of other threads for that. I would just like people to consider this hypothetical situation.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Do you need to see Official/Government acknowledgement of the situation before you truly accept it yourself?

No, I've witnessed a 'thingy'. For me its not about 'belief'.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Well, that depends on what I myself have witnessed!

I dont need no lying government to confirm or deny things for me.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Evidence that can be verified and confirmed is the only way such things can be truly accepted.

Even personally witnessing an apparent phenomenon isn't the best of evidences.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Well, that depends on what I myself have witnessed!

I dont need no lying government to confirm or deny things for me.

Okay, but have you ever seen a blue whale? Have you ever seen Mt. Everest?

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Evidence that can be verified and confirmed is the only way such things can be truly accepted.

Even personally witnessing an apparent phenomenon isn't the best of evidences.

But what if the evidence exists and has been confirmed and still denied/not acknowledged by officialdom? Wasn't that the case for smoking for many years?
edit on 17-4-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE
But what if the evidence exists and has been confirmed and still denied/not acknowledged by officialdom? Wasn't that the case for smoking for many years?

Until there's evidence for that then I'd have no business accepting it either.

Personal testimony still wouldn't enter the picture though.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
No. Accepted its for real!

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Sorry but I require that smoking gun complete with gunshot residue, finger prints and facial recognition software. Anything less meh...

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Sorry but I require that smoking gun complete with gunshot residue, finger prints and facial recognition software. Anything less meh...

originally posted by: Prezbo369

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

Until there's evidence for that then I'd have no business accepting it either.

Personal testimony still wouldn't enter the picture though.

Sure, understandable, but for both of you, look at smoking, many people knew it was unhealthy before the government finally did studies and acknowledged its dangerous consequences.....so, if you were an adult back in the 1950's before the official studies, would you have waited for the hard proof on smoking, or would the circumstantial evidence been good enough for you?
edit on 17-4-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Almost every culture speaks of beings from the sky who seeded this planet long ago. Rock art all over this world depicts strange helmeted beings and there spacecraft. They created us and never left. That's why there called Watchers. Our extended family is larger than we could ever imagine. My only question is, when is the reunion?

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I don't need official acknowledgement as such but if they provided testable evidence to prove ET visitation the I'd happily take it.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I've seen things that NO Government can give a rational explanation for. Not saying Aliens, but certainly not swamp gas or satellites.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Do you know that you don't need the government to agree or disagree with something you believe in.

That's your choice, take the prop away, and don't believe their lies, or truths.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I could give a rat's patooty what the government says.
I've seen them with witnesses.
edit on 18/4/15 by JustMike because: Removed excessive blank space from post.

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join