It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainstorming solutions to fix the planet and society.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I see a lot of pessimism about humans and how they need to die off. What is wrong with you people? I realize this will come across as offensive to you but some of you need to stop being such downers. There are a multitude of ways we, as a species can start to revitalize this planet. Why is it that your reaction is "destroy all humans!". I find it to be very lazy and hateful. Some of you may not like what needs done, but it is time to start thinking in more productive ways. Human extinction is the lazy way to deal with our problems. Here are my proposals.

1. Force the rich (super rich [100 million +, not lower millionaires) to pay for scientists whose sole purpose is to find ways to eliminate pollution. I realize the rich will fight it tooth and nail but we as a whole should force them to innovate. If they don't comply they should be forced (by the military if necessary). If they cant do it without going bankrupt then they should be forced to use all of their acquired wealth to pay there employees for an entire year until they find other suitable employment (if those workers cant find work in a year then they haven't been looking).

All scientific findings should be implemented immediately and there should be 100% oversight for all findings. Also, whatever innovation is found needs to be implemented into any company that could use it.

2. A cap on monetary assets. No one family or group of people should hoard all the wealth while others suffer. All amounts of cash should be limited to 50 million/person at most and adjusted to keep in tow with inflation. All extra cash should be used to create new industries, jobs, technology, etc. Anything beneficial to human kind.

3. Someone should invent a dense, nutrition filled, time released, food alternative Maybe something like a dense sponge that sits in the stomach?). if we could find a safe way to accurately fulfill our nutritional needs without eating for years at a time we could effectively kill mass farming/animal cruelty, carbon emissions from mass farming. We could use all that free land to plant trees and other things to help generate oxygen and remove carbon dioxide.

4. Get off the ground, above and below,. All buildings should be elevated above the earth. High enough so that light can shine beneath it and houses that sit under the earth. No more building roads, you know, that nasty blacktop that ruins everything. Alternatives to ground transportation should be ushered in. These should be fully funded and distributed by the government with an interest free loan.

5. Punishment and incentives. Anyone caught intentionally polluting, littering, etc. Should have all of their free assets seized (not what is needed for bills and food and general well being of the family.). People who comply with all personal environmental responsibilities don't have to pay the fee for individual eco-responsibilities. Fee's will be determined by cost of labor to complete those tasks.

6. Round the clock surveillance of all political members. Anyone caught selling out to the rich or the power hungry should be imprisoned. On a side note; incarcerate only violent threats to society. Lesser crimes (stealing, bribery, etc) should be punishable by volunteer hours and counseling. This will help by keeping money out of politics and removing prison for profit.

This is all I have time to list at the moment. Sorry to post and run but I'm sure you guys can figure out some fun ways to save our planet and future.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Take a look at:

thenextsystem.org...

www.santafe.edu...

hazelhenderson.com...

There is a lot of good work going on around the world that you can get involved in....

Or - you can become another 'it's - they're fault - why should I have to change' member of ATS.

edit on 16-4-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Holy Crap.

Sounds positively totalitarian.

North Korean style... you left out re-education and forced labor camps for your "offenders".

No thanks
edit on 16-4-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

"The strongest argument against totalitarianism may be a recognition of a universal human nature; that all humans have innate desires for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The doctrine of the blank slate... is a totalitarian's dream."

-Steven Pinker

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

'It's not the planet that needs to be fixed, it's the people'

Yeah you've got your money problem, why not stop giving money to the wrong people?
I would suggest to begin with entertainment, sports, movies, television and don't forget politics.
That way the masses would stand a chance against the constant brainwashing, hoping in time they will get interested in the more important things in life.

Forcing someone or something never did work out fine.

We don't need to invent some new type of food, there is more than plenty provided by the earth, but it's in the hands of the wrong people.

As long as there are politics there will be corruption, so that's easy to deal with.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Well all those programs should kill off at least 3/4 of the population !!

Good for some perhaps.

Careful what you wish for.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The elite libs beat you to it. They have it all figured out it starts with man made global warming and ends on removal of all you rights

edit on 16-4-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Why is it that your reaction is "destroy all humans!"

Maybe because people use a huge amount of resources and do a huge amount of damage?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I have not given up hope on humanity, and I don't want to see anyone get hurt or worse the extinction of humanity.

With that said, I try to see the whole picture from a realistic standpoint. The fact remains that humans are doing just about everything wrong for this planet and humanity from a humane point of view. Not to mention the rampant greed that has taken over the planet and people's souls. Is there really even a way out at this point?

It's so corrupt and from what I can tell, ruled by pure evil.

I often think about our past and the possibility that we have been here before, and destroyed ourselves and the planet. The flip side of that, is that if our ancient ancestors are to be taken at their word, there was a time where humans prospered, The Golden Age.

So while I honestly don't see a realistic way to fix everything at this point besides starting over, I will never give up hope because I know in my heart that humans are perfectly capable of great things when we put our energy together.

Just think of all the wasted energy on pointless material things in this world. Now imagine all of that energy being used to help the planet and the life on it. It right there for us, but the machine is in full force, and people are too busy on their phones to care, bottom line. So in the end, it's not the fault of the corrupt leaders of our world, it's the fault of the people for not only allowing it, but knowingly being a cog in the machine and being too scared stand up for the side of good for fear of losing the comfort of their everyday lives.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Get rid of the people messing it up. That's the only way it can be done.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Money.....

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: southernplayalistic
Money.....

The end on money. The thing about that is the power would use it to enslave you for the betterment of society. I would have nirvana if I was left alone without the bureaucracy in every little thing. The monster grew too big. We need David to slay Goliath now.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Ridding this world from the disease we call religion...

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

The best way to fix this society is to reject progressive liberal ideals. They always lead to failure and apathy. Governments,organizations,education,households who buy into this lie end up failing.

The rights of the individual are paramount to liberty and happiness. When the rights of the masses are put first apathy and failure are the only roads traveled.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Pollute the planet until its 50% extinct

Make sure almost every politician is either a paedophile or pervert

Tax us so no-one has any money

Make sure every corporation is controlled by psychopaths

Put Nuclear (new clear) power plants all around the place

Bring a planet into our solar system and call it nibiru

and then get everyone to unite. so they clean up the planet take control of the patents office where all the beneficial ideas over the last 100 years are stored and use Tesla's idea of putting a wire around the planet to fly us out of harms way.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
ridding the world of so called free thinkers who think they know better than everyone else.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The bad thing is money. Money keeps us from advancing forward. Everything costs money.

Communism is good thing, but it has never been tried (I talk about real communism, not USSR or China). The problem is that human is always greedy.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thebel
The bad thing is money. Money keeps us from advancing forward. Everything costs money.

Communism is good thing, but it has never been tried (I talk about real communism, not USSR or China). The problem is that human is always greedy.

I think you are wrong about humans being greedy. I too believe that there is a sizeable sub-set of humans that are greedy, but more so, I think we've been conditioned to equate safety and comfort with possessions.

I don't believe that humans are greedy by nature and looking back through history will confirm this (I'm not talking about the ruling classes - I'm talking about the working classes).

Greed has largely been manufactured to support a 'consumer' driven, constant growth economics that cannot be sustained.

I think greed makes humans, at all levels, unhappy. The tide is changing a bit - but not soon enough to suit me.

new topics

top topics

join