It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive Water From Fukushima Is Systematically Poisoning The Entire Pacific Ocean

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
www.thesleuthjournal.com...

Right now, a massive amount of highly radioactive water is escaping into the Pacific Ocean from the ruins of the destroyed Fukushima nuclear facility in Japan. This has been going on all day, every day for more than two years. The enormous amounts of tritium, cesium and strontium that are being released are being carried by wind, rain and ocean currents all over the northern Hemisphere. And of course the west coast of the United States is being hit particularly hard. When you drink water or eat seafood that has been contaminated with these radioactive particles, they can stick around for a very long time. Over the coming years, this ongoing disaster could potentially affect the health of millions upon millions of people living in the northern hemisphere, and the sad thing is that a lot of those people will never even know the true cause of their health problems.

"The amount of water that we are talking about is absolutely enormous. According to Yahoo, 400 metric tons of water is being pumped into the basements of destroyed buildings at Fukushima every single day.... 40 trillion becquerels of radioactive tritium have gotten into the Pacific Ocean? And that is what they are publicly admitting. The reality is probably far worse."

And it is important to keep in mind that it has been estimated that each spent fuel pool at the Fukushima nuclear complex could have 24,000 times the amount of cesium that was produced by the nuclear bomb that the U.S. dropped on Hiroshima at the end of World War 2. Overall, the Fukushima nuclear facility originally contained a whopping 1760 tons of nuclear material.

That is a massive amount of nuclear material. Chernobyl only contained 180 tons.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I saw this as an issue when this happened.
Like everything, No one with influence gives a crap.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Ignorance is the Achilles Heel of humanity.

And look where it's getting us, more crippled in geography, health , economies, and defiantly governments who become a shady coup of steering nations without citizen consent.

The ignorance, the state of not caring or learning of something that not only effects us individually as mammals of earth, but the ecological scale of nature in that region, is being destroyed.

By humanity being ignorant and careless; we allow the controllers to spread chaos and destruction that we LIVE, but do nothing about or even acknowledge as a collective.

All I know; thanks to the past couple generations, I won't ever bring a child into this world... as the future generations will have to bend over backwards to correct our coward mentality as a collective SPECIES.

I feel bad for earth, plants, elements, and animals. It'd the humans who #ed this all up, but refuse to correct it.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

I live on the West Coast, and next to never hear any news of this. Very strange. When the catastrophe happened people were buying iodine pills left and right though.

I do have to say OP I do not like your wording of "systematically". Which seems to imply intentionality and repeatedly.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

I live on the West Coast, and next to never hear any news of this. Very strange. When the catastrophe happened people were buying iodine pills left and right though.

I do have to say OP I do not like your wording of "systematically". Which seems to imply intentionality and repeatedly.

Systematically: given to or using a system or method; methodical

I think that is accurate.... methodical is what it is.
How you feel about being methodical is another issue.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

You can object if you want to but the way I see it, the current situation "is" systematic and intentional at this point. Truth is there is absolutely nothing anyone can do to prevent the continuing pollution and they have no other alternative but to releasing contamination into the environment. The entire situation was completely out of their control the very day the accident happened and every nuclear scientist knew that truth. They can't build enough storage tanks to store all of the water coming off of that mess and they can not even get close to the melted fuel still remaining in the containment vessels even if it is even still there. I suspect that they already have 1 or 2 China Syndromes going on there right now that is leaching contamination directly through the subsoil and into the ocean. They tried sending a robot in to one of the units and it died after just a few feet inside the containment.

This situation is turning the Pacific into a desert wasteland.

Edit: enenews.com...
edit on 16-4-2015 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

Japan (Fukushima)

Japan Scientist: "I've never seen this before" -- White lungs found in dolphins …
VIDEO: Extremely rare whale washes up in Northeast Japan — Just one sighting of …
'Major blow' at Fukushima as robot loses control inside reactor -- Moved 10 mete…
Japan Times: Over 150 dolphins wash ashore at multiple locations -- 50 miles fro…

More from “Japan (Fukushima)”
US/Canada

Just In: Emergency closure of fishery along entire West Coast -- Almost no babie…
Top US Nuclear Physicist: "Iodine-131 will be lethal after ingestion of 30 billi…
Officials: "Such a bizarre thing" off California coast -- "We're seeing multiple…
Gov't Experts: "Astounding" levels of radiation measured in U.S. from Fukushima …

More from “US/Canada”
World

TV: Documents reveal radiation spike at world's fifth largest nuclear plant -- R…
"Emergency shutdown" at one of world's largest nuke plants -- Local Official: "R…
TV: Plutonium being pumped into ocean through miles of underwater pipes -- Nucle…
CNN: Urgent - Emergency repairs reported at largest nuclear power plant in Europ…

More from “World”
Latest Headlines:
09:02 AM EST on April 16th, 2015 | 129 comments
Just In: Emergency closure of fishery along entire West Coast — Almost no babies surviving since 2011 — “Catastrophic crash… Population decimated… Crisis… Collapse so severe” — “Latest in series of alarming die-offs… mass reproductive failures… strange diseases” — Official: “A lot of weird things out there”
10:08 AM EST on April 15th, 2015 | 191 comments
Japan Scientist: “I’ve never seen this before” — White lungs found in dolphins that died during mass stranding near Fukushima — Interruption of blood supply leading to death of tissue — Disease has been linked to radiation exposure
03:50 PM EST on April 14th, 2015 | 116 comments
VIDEO: Extremely rare whale washes up in Northeast Japan — Just one sighting of species in history — Similar creature found dead nearby
09:12 AM EST on April 14th, 2015 | 172 comments
‘Major blow’ at Fukushima as robot loses control inside reactor — Moved 10 meters before failing — Max radiation readings more than doubled since 2012 — ‘Eerie footage’ shows orange glow in area with highest levels (VIDEO)

edit on 16-4-2015 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I spoke to people at work of this and nobody cares, no emotions.

Just "Yeah! Did you see the hockey game!"

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This disaster happened 4 years ago. So the surrounding area must be fried and uninhabitable right?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
This disaster happened 4 years ago. So the surrounding area must be fried and uninhabitable right?

"Yeah! Did you see the hockey game!"

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Not saying this is not a horrible situation long term, and certainly for the poor Japanese...
Radiation detectors up and down the West coast of the U.S. read nominal (normal) background radiation averaging around 0.06 μSv/hr.

Not saying it could not get worse, but whatever info is contrary to that presently, is a hoax.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

"Yeah! Did you see the hockey game!"

So answer the question , or questions.
Does anybody live near the plant?
What's the body count?
What was the body count 4 years after Chernobyl?
Are radiation levels on the west coast dangerous?
Is the articles writer a scientist?
If not, where did he get his information?
I'll get back to watching hockey now.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Just google this

fukushima daiichi site:".edu"

and see about 13,400 results

with the MOX fuel from reactor 3 we'll enjoy it for the next 300,000+ years!

edit on 4/16/2015 by Semaphore527 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/16/2015 by Semaphore527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I like how you barely reworded the article and posted it as your own.

The "1760 tons of nuclear material" caught my attention, but then I looked up info on it from a science article.

How Much Fuel Is at Risk at Fukushima?

It is amazing how more accurate information can calm one down.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Japan (Fukushima)

Japan Scientist: "I've never seen this before" -- White lungs found in dolphins …
VIDEO: Extremely rare whale washes up in Northeast Japan — Just one sighting of …

We are like a loose cannon.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Is it putting more radioactivity in the oceans than all the nuclear testing done when they were setting off bombs in the oceans years ago? Just back everybody off and blow it up. Another mushroom cloud in the atmosphere probably won't make much difference and a nice big hole in the ground will be a good reminder that nuclear power is a safe energy source until something goes wrong.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
And then, to think that all our oceans are connected together.
The lethal pollution of the Pacific Ocean is only just the beginning...

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyvhow many of those detectors are privately controlled how many are gov?

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka
400 metric tons of water is being pumped into the basements of destroyed buildings at Fukushima every single day.... 40 trillion becquerels of radioactive tritium have gotten into the Pacific Ocean? And that is what they are publicly admitting. The reality is probably far worse."

Ok first they are not pumping water into the basements. That is the estimated amount of water flowing out of the reactor buildings. Second don't be side tracked by an "amount of water" that amount is completely irrelevant with out an amount of radioactive material contained in the water. 400 tons of water can contain 100 bq of a given isotope of 1,000,000,000 bq. I think this is why we constantly see this figure, it doesn't tell you anything besides the amount of water coming out of the plant.

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I like how you barely reworded the article and posted it as your own.

The "1760 tons of nuclear material" caught my attention, but then I looked up info on it from a science article.

How Much Fuel Is at Risk at Fukushima?

It is amazing how more accurate information can calm one down.

Yes and now all of the fuel (used and unused) in reactor 4's SFP is now out and currently in (safe) storage. So now your just looking at units 1,2,3 cores wich melted down and units 2,3 SFPs. Not that this is any amount to brush off. Also the total amount of fuel at Diiachi usually includes units 5&6 which are CURRENTLY unaffected by the accident.

a reply to: korath

originally posted by: korath
Just back everybody off and blow it up. Another mushroom cloud in the atmosphere probably won't make much difference

I don't know if this is sarcasm but I've seen a lot of people think this is a viable option so I will just say this: you would have the worlds largest dirty bomb. You can vaporizer radioactive material, but its still radioactive material its just now vapor. Large detonations of radioactive material is not a viable option. Or we would just be blowing up all of our nuclear waste.

originally posted by: Semaphore527

with the MOX fuel from reactor 3 we'll enjoy it for the next 300,000+ years!

MOX fuel is also completely irrelevant. MOX contains Pu, yes, but all operating reactors contain Pu sense it is a a by product of fusing U 235. So every one of the 3 units that melted down released Pu into the environment.

edit on 17-4-2015 by BGTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
double post sorry
edit on 17-4-2015 by BGTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

And in line with Japanese culture, to save face, they will ignore it for the most part then ultimately accept responsibility and commit hari kari, and what about the rest of us? This is SO serious, and as usual, the clowns in DC are too busy enriching the wealthy and honoring things like National Potato month or giving themselves raises. DOOMED! DOOMED I SAY! Rome Burns while Nero Fiddles...er, people use their thumbs to text because they can't speak proper English anyway. So, like, you know?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join