It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The religion of peace strikes again!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

During the crossing, the migrants from Nigeria and Ghana — believed to be Christians — were threatened with being abandoned at sea by some 15 other passengers from the Ivory Coast, Senegal, Mali and Guinea Bissau.

Also read that part...

Also said its not important...

Also read the part about all the surviving christians who made a "human chain" to avoid the same...

Didn't see anything about other Muslims though.

Damn those cowardly christians forming a chain for themselves and not stopping the unarmed 15 people out of 105...

/sarc!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Hello???????

This is an Internet forum I'm discussing my opinion and my changing feelings. I noticed you didn't jump onto the thread when I said I have change my mind about the war in Iraq thanks to the views I have heard on this sites and other sites.

I'm sorry if you can't handle actual facts and choose to live in your bubble instead.

You know we could've actually had a intelligent tactful discussion about this. If you would not of shown immaturity and attacked me on your first post.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Greathouse
No you must've stopped reading at the part that angered you in the OP.

And… you must have relied on only one source for your bias confirmation.

All it takes is a moderate search of Google News for "Muslims Throw Christians Overboard" to obtain multiple accounts of the story, some of which indicate the Christian refugees started the brawl. Now, that's certainly no reason to throw people overboard, but apparently it's a good enough reason for click-bait headlines all over the place.

Also, additional similar news searches will reveal that brawls, murders, and even… wait for it… tossing people overboard, is a common occurrence on these insanely dangerous and almost always violent refugee journeys. It's just that, in this case, the media had the golden opportunity to blame muslims and sensationalize a tragic event.

There's no such thing as a "religion of peace" as all religions contain either violent histories, or violent sects. That phrase has been adopted by the insane-right pundits in obvious sensationalization efforts. Let's not forget that Extremist Christians are responsible for that recent ISIS Hit List.

Yet 15 people were thrown overboard. Let's see I've got the owner and a supermod angry at me over this. Maybe I should just bow out of my own thread.
edit on 16-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well, this escalated quickly into bedlam.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Yet 15 people were thrown overboard. Let's see I've got the owner and a supermodel angry at me over this. Maybe I should just bow out of my thread.

Suddenly disagreement is "angry?"

Yes, people were thrown overboard. The same happen to hundreds every year on this dangerous journey. Just because the media blames muslims, you believe it?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

edit on 16-4-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Pointless.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Killing will never stop.

Hatred will never go away.

Such a silly reason to die. Because you believe differently.

Oh well. We are a brutal, hateful species. We kill, murder, maim, do harm for reasons other than religion.

There is skin color.

And maybe that person over there has more or lives in a bigger house.

This world sucks sometimes.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

That's the problem with Google. You can find anything on it to justify your own opinion. Check out some others. You may find stories like:

On Friday, the holy day for Islam, Christian protesters in Tahrir Square joined hands to form a protective cordon around their Muslim countrymen so they could pray in safety.

Sunday, the Muslims returned the favor.

They surrounded Christians celebrating Mass in Cairo's central plaza, ground zero for the secular pro-democracy protests reverberating throughout the Middle East.

"In the name of Jesus and Muhammed, we unify our ranks," the Rev. Ihab al-Kharat told the crowd in his sermon.

www.nydailynews.com...

But hey. If you WANT to find stories about those evil Muslims you'll find them.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Here you go Charlie.

Rome (CNN)Muslims who were among migrants trying to get from Libya to Italy in a boat this week threw 12 fellow passengers overboard -- killing them -- because the 12 were Christians, Italian police said Thursday. Italian authorities have arrested 15 people on suspicion of murdering the Christians at sea, police in Palermo, Sicily, said.

Source

In this one to use the word add legend leave because they have not been convicted yet.

Source

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
No ones pissed at you in fact i think both are laughing at your stupidity your being way too defensive i think you should tune it down a bit.

Like SO said your referencing only one source how about a different view.

you can't only blame radical Muslims you have to blame radical atheists, radical Jewish people, radical Christians, radical theists, radical unicorns I mean let's be honest it's a Muslim bashing thread as much as I dislike there practices I'm no one to judge their actions if you are so against their faith stand up and do something about it don't yell it from an Internet board..

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Again you fail to comprehend the OP. That has been my opinion all along that radical Islam is to blame. But after articles like this I have begun to wonder.

Jesus Christ you are defending people that are cutting off each other's heads because a secularism . Have you heard of any Baptist doing that to Jehovah witnesses?

link   

And twice I said my perception of whether they were Christian or not was not important...

It was the slant of hatred veiled as criticism of over a billion including myself!

Why did the christians form a human chain after?

Why didn't they stand up?

Are they also a religion of cowards?

link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I posted it to try to enlighten people to what is actually happening.

No you didn't. You posted it with the caveat that only Muslim bashing is allowed. Then proceeded to slam over a billion people with this.

But apparently you seem set in your beliefs and want to post a comment so somebody will pat you on the back.

Whoa. Did your imagination break coming up with that retort?

No you must've stopped reading at the part that angered you in the OP. I have never blamed all of Islam for the radicals actions. But after this event I'm beginning to wonder if their actions are not silently condoned.

Read the whole OP you'd make a much better moderator then.

Hey bro ! I am Muslim and I surely don't ! condone these types of Actions Twards people be it Christian or non Christian.

So I can tell you for a FACT ! any aggression twards Innocent people like this is forbidden in Islam.

Here is the problem , Just because someone is from a Muslim country it does not make them a good Practicing Muslim.

And committing these acts !! woh !!!!! to them because they will be the ones who loose in the hear after no doubt.

if I witnessed this I would have certainly try to put a stop to it ! these are the actions of Misguided evil people ! who Hijack my religion for their

own personal agenda

edit on 16-4-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Those other 1. 7 billion Muslims on that boat really should have done something to stop this. I agree OP.

Sarcasm to the side, this story did leave me thinking "WTF". Who in their right mind throws a fellow human being off a boat to drown for disagreeing with each other. Unfortunately there are some insane people on this planet who'll find any excuse to kill.

If there's an #hole working as a customer consultant for a business, he/she will likely repel away customers and potential customers. Same applies for religion. You act like an #hole and kill people because of a hadith that contradicts what the actual teachings of the religion, then you will not just attract rightwing nutcasses but also ruin the image of many of followers of the religion.

OP, I don't blame you for the title you chose, but rather pricks who thought they could go to Paradise for drowning innocent people with no credible evidence to back up whatever the hell they feel like doing.

Allah says: “Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth has been made clear from error. Whoever rejects false worship and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that never breaks. And Allah hears and knows all things.” [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 256]

Did these so called Jihadists forget that their own ancestors were non-Muslims?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Thank god that typo with intrepid being a super model was edited quickly!

As mentioned there is no religion of peace

Christians and Muslims both have the ability to do wicked things

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Yeah this line was a nice friendly opening post delivered from a super moderator.

Want a pat on the back from the few that will agree with you?

Btw it is from the same person who stirred the pot in another thread.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
Thank god that typo with intrepid being a super model was edited quickly!

As mentioned there is no religion of peace

Christians and Muslims both have the ability to do wicked things

Lol

Yeah I saw that one pretty quick.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Jesus Christ you are defending people that are cutting off each other's heads because a secularism .

No. I'm defending those that have done nothing to anyone. You're the one labeling Muslims all the same.

Have you heard of any Baptist doing that to Jehovah witnesses?

Oh boy, you went there. I was raised JW and it wasn't only the Baptists that threw stones. And fists. And feet. Your point?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

I love sarcasm!!!

The main problem I have with Islam. Is that I have watched radicals attack to West since the 70s. It seems to me that in 40 years time moderate Islam should've gotten a handle on radical Islam. After all moderate Islam vastly outnumber's radical Islam.

The one thing I have noticed on the sites. Is that for some reason everybody's opinion starts on 911, they failed to take into account the attacks for 30 years prior to it.
edit on 16-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Its his opinion as a super mod he was trying to give his two cents you could have gone about it a different way ,

Now that being said I'm as fustrated as you are but this is not the way to fix it and reality speaking like BEEZER said hate will always be around..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join