It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What pet peeves do NOT bother you? A new spin?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
We've seen pet peeve rant topics before such as "it bothers me when someone does _____"

or

"List your top five pet peeves"

Truly I love those threads...so let me try something different

What are pet peeves that generally float around that you do NOT get bothered by or don't understand why they are so bothersome to people?

So basically this is a thread about pet peeves that are your pet peeve...sort of

Right off the bat I have one.

1. People's pet peeve often include when you leave time on a microwave. I see people get super irritated when they come to the microwave, put food in, then notice there is like 12 seconds left. They get all freaky like "omg! why do people just leave time on the micro?"

Then it occurred to me. It takes simply one extra button push to hit clear, then type your time in and hit cook/start. Is this really that big a deal?? I don't get it

2. I see people get irritated when a couple sits on the same side of the booth at dinner. Why? Me personally? I like to look into my partner's eyes. But others like that closeness and maybe ability to cuddle close of hold hands easily. I just don't get this one either.

3. People who own animals and call themselves mother/mommy and father/daddy. Why does this bug people? I don't want children and have assured it won't happen. So what is the big deal if our cat/horse is our "daughter?"

4. Getting mad at people who whistle when they are happy...wow...What's the issue? I shouldn't be allowed to express to myself?

Well let's see what you got!

Or pick mine apart and tell me why they are annoying. Let's see if this goes anywhere

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

for the most part, if folks just shut up and sit in the corner I do just fine.

I really do prefer my own thoughts. Things that interfere with those thoughts piss me off. and as i get older, i am less patient with the world around me.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

and as i get older, i am less patient with the world around me.

Good to know it's not just me.

Hubby and I just got into an argument this morning, regarding his pet peeve. He cannot stand the sound of the dogs licking, and is always yelling at them to stop.
It doesn't bother me a bit, and that made him crazy, because I don't yell at them to quit.

Well, that, and the quitting smoking. He is SUPER pleasant right now.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I really do prefer my own thoughts. Things that interfere with those thoughts piss me off. and as i get older, i am less patient with the world around me.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
EDIT: Whoops, yeah...I guess I bombed on the thread title. Sorry about that!

edit on 16-4-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Street preaching.

Doesn't phase me at all. They tend to assume that I was born in hellfire and have come to bring about the end of all things, but generally speaking I am perfectly happy to see people expressing their religious beliefs.

Greasy spoon cafés.

Some people get angry when forced by way of a limited number of options, to eat at a greasy spoon café. My argument is, that if you haven't got the intestinal fortitude to just sack up and cope with a bit of fat and grease, then you need to get your Godamn priorities straight. Unless you are one of a select few people, who literally cannot process fat, then it will NOT kill you, whereas going hungry and then crossing the street or driving a car, without the correct amount of protein in your body, and the awareness that comes with it, WILL have lethal consequences. Grow the hell up, you wheatgrass munching hippies!

Immigration.

So basically, a huge number of people coming to my country does not phase me in the least. You know why? Because in terms of the social position those people occupy, I have more in common with them, than I do with the leaders of my nations political establishment. The more folk in this country, who have a social status like mine, the better for me and mine, because with numbers comes safety, or at least the pretence of it.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
1. PDA doesn't bother me in the least. Go ahead and call each other Snookie Bear and Bae while pawing all over each other if you want to. Enjoy your happiness...while it lasts.

2. I'm actually very Pro-cussing. My pet peeve would be with people who have a problem with it. The penultimate waste of time and energy worrying about simple words. This goes for cussing around kids too. Have at it. I'm anti-shelter when it comes to children. If I had my own, they'd probably have some colorful language by the time they were 6.

3. I don't care if someone else is late to anything. Naturally, there's a level of ridiculousness for lateness, but I'd rather everyone just ambled in at their own leisure.

4. People playing very loud music or being loud nearby with say, a party also does not bother me whatsoever. Blast it! Scream and shout all you want. Enjoy yourselves!! If I need to sleep, I can drown it out one way or another. I would NEVER call the cops on "sound offenses". And neighboring fights are merely entertainment. Same goes for skateboarding, etc. (also, I'm middle aged)

5. I love it when people are especially unusual and quirky. I don't know if that's a pet peeves of others but, I think most of the population expects a level of decorum in public. I don't. Be as crazy as you wanna be.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It wouldn't bother me if women cat called me.

I wish it happened more often actually.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Homeless people asking for money. No big deal. You don't know their story. If you or I went through their life experiences we might be exactly that same.

new topics

top topics

join