It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine if we got it all wrong?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
What if we got it all wrong?

Over the years I've read many quite interesting perspectives and lots of rather out there conjecture on everything from Ancient Aliens to lost Advanced Civilizations. One thought that has bounced around in my head from time to time keeps reoccurring to me is the idea of the source for many of the earliest known cradle civilizations deities.

Mayan and Egyptian Sun Discs

Winged Sun Disc

The winged sun disk was found in ancient Egyptian, Sumerian, Mesopotamian, Hittite, Anatolian, Persian (Zoroastrian), South American and even Australian symbolism and has many variations.

According to one version, the winged disc represents the sun at the time of eclipse, and the wings and sometimes tail of the bird display elements of the solar corona, which is visible at the moment of total eclipse. According to another version, disk depicts a mythical celestial body of Nibiru, which is described in the mythology of the Ancient East. More believable and frequent interpretations of this symbol, however, is its comparison with the sky, the sun, solar power and renewal of life or divinity, majesty, power and eternity of the spirit. Sometimes winged disk consider as a stylized image of eagle's wings.

In ancient Egypt, winged sun was associated with Ra-Horahti and Horus Behdetskiy (according to the majority of Egyptologists, they belonged to the gods of the sun).

Quite often it is accompanied by one or two uraeus of cobras on each side, and one or two Ankhs. A variation of the sun disk with wings, apparently, are the images of the goddess of truth, justice, harmony of the universe, divine order and ethical norms of Maat, which is often shown with arms or less often, half-bent wings, and the patron of Upper Egypt heavenly mother goddess of Nehbet in a kind of a kite, Egyptian vulture or falcon with outspread wings and often a solar disk on his head. There are images of the ancient god of the rising sun, Khepri who is associated with rebirth, resurrection and new life as a winged scarab.

So, some time in the ancient past an Alien Satellite/Probe crashes then is discovered by local inhabitants....

On board this craft was a very advanced Alien AI. Seems far fetched? Sure, but whose to say for sure it wasn't possible? I mean, consider this, We with our present day limited tech are learning everyday of other planets that are out there and have by comparison rudimentary AI's and Satellite and Space probe tech already.

Science tells us that the great distances between possibly habitable worlds are to far to travel within a lifetime, so, why not send robots and AIs? We send our probes to Mars, the Moon and out into interstellar space.

The AI records the voices of the primitive discoverers and analyzes the language and begins to communicate in their own languages. The people assume it's either a god or was sent from heaven to Earth by god. In either case it was venerated. Solar panels were interpreted as wings etc...

Maybe the elite few eventually clue in on the fact that this probe/AI isn't God or from God but rather a clever device. Seems possible, they then in turn use it to manipulate the masses to do their bidding. We all know power corrupts, so in the scenario that plays out. The small band of elites do get valuable information on agriculture, metallurgy, mathematics, astronomy, the written word etc from the AI.

I've imagined how it would have made it from say Sumer to Egypt. Once there the Egyptians built a great temple to house it in the form of the Great pyramid either to keep it safe and learn from it or to draw on it's power source to use for their bidding. *There again the Egyptian Elite priests were very well known for keeping their secrets as close as possible.

Some time passes and then we have the Hebrew exodus out of Egypt. Moses was supposedly raised as an Egyptian elite, may have learned their secrets from the elite priest class then turns trader and splits with his people with Pharaoh in hot pursuit. Why would Pharaoh otherwise waste so much time, effort and resources trying to round up a bunch of non Egyptian trouble makers?

In my scenario, Moses and crew [Note: Whose peoples story begins way back in Sumer interesting enough] may have stolen/reclaimed something very valuable from the Egyptians which was stored in the sarcophagus in the Kings Chamber of the Great Pyramid. Which was later stored in the Ark. The Ark had to be handled very specifically with many precautions. It communicated to the Hebrew elite, Gave them direction and protection from their foes. Which is why Pharaoh couldn't retrieve it.

It's interesting to note the comparatively rapid decline of the Egyptian's very long and substantial existence after the supposed "exodus" event took place. Coincidence?

Was something taken that had been critical in their controlling/managing/manipulating the masses? If true, then where is it now, Why isn't it communicating? Who knows, it could have been damaged from being manhandled by various factions and or simply ran out of power and couldn't either communicate with it's home world or to run the AI anymore so it lost it's worth.

Also, this scenario and or variations of, possibly didn't just play out in Sumer and then Egypt, there could have been a few that landed/crashed, Say, in Peru, Mexico, Indus Valley etc. Religious art and images might just be telling us what really went on. It could be staring us in the face and we haven't had a clue...

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Possible, that´s all.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I have been researching this since I was a teen and my sister bought me a copy of Chariots of the Gods for my birthday. At that time it had just hit the bestseller list. I have found there is a lot here on Earth that cannot be explained off so readily as natural or man-made at the time. And , its not that we may have it wrong , it has been we may have been told wrong . S&F for thinking out of the box that we sometimes get trapped in.
edit on 10America/ChicagoThu, 16 Apr 2015 10:51:59 -0500America/Chicago430105159 by here4this because: Add additional info

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Ah, the good ol' Monolith Hypothesis.

Human advancement is a funny thing; it took thousands of years to domesticate animals but it took less than seventy years between the Wright bros flight and the moon landing.

How did early man learn know how to create fire or to cure and preserve meat? perhaps there were prehistoric Einsteins that had moments of genius which lead to the advancement of our species-but there is no way of telling for obvious reasons. But where did these Early Einsteins get their inspiration from?

Tens of billions of people have lived this planet and only a handful can claim that they have changed the world. One could argue that these geniuses are the result of intervention from a higher power.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Just commenting so I can come back later.

What I've read so far is interesting.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Have you heard of the cargo cults from world war 2? What you said in your thread reminds me of that.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

If you haven't already read them, you might find these interesting as well:

Atlantis: The Antedilluvian World, by Ignatius Donnelly

The Lost Continent of Mu, by Col. James Churchward

Both are very similar to your post in that both address the common symbols, linguistics, architecture, etc., found in very distant geographically distant locations. I read them both as a teenager, was quite intrigued. "Atlantis" was written in the late 19th century; "Mu" was written in the early 20th century, followed up by "The Sacred Symbols of Mu" and "The Children of Mu." I'm sure much has been learned since their initial publication, but there might still be gems worth gleaning from them!

I have linked to their Amazon pages, but both are also available in pdf form with a quick Google.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Hey Slayer....Someone hacked your account!!

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

In my scenario, Moses and crew [Note: Whose peoples story begins way back in Sumer interesting enough] may have stolen/reclaimed something very valuable from the Egyptians which was stored in the sarcophagus in the Kings Chamber of the Great Pyramid. Which was later stored in the Ark. The Ark had to be handled very specifically with many precautions.

And....If Moses snagged a probe or satellite from a sarcophagus and put it in the ark that would explain why their hair fell out and they got sick around it. Maybe it was leaking radiation or something from the power source used in the device. Or maybe it was radiated from traveling in space??

It fits!

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: howmuch4another

Erich Von Daniken took over his account.

Still a good conversation piece though.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Digital_Reality

originally posted by: howmuch4another

Erich Von Daniken took over his account.

Still a good conversation piece though.

lol. It's a cool read and I gave a S+F'... I was just giving Slayer a poke.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Fun read.
S and F

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I've thought of a possible super advanced, A.I scenario, where it was created by far out, future humans, that need us alive, so we can build it, then it destroys us in its own time, an is just preserving it own existence.

I know, it doesn't make sense, but time travel stories or movies never do really.

Ah well, Praise the Sun.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Good THread Here!! Kudos for this out of the box thinking. Here's some more of that. here where you say,

"Was something taken that had been critical in their controlling/managing/manipulating the masses? If true, then where is it now, Why isn't it communicating? Who knows, it could have been damaged from being manhandled by various factions and or simply ran out of power and couldn't either communicate with it's home world or to run the AI anymore so it lost it's worth."

Got me thinking that maybe the pyramids were the source of power for that object that was stolen!??! There were studies if true that said there was energy being radiated from the pyramids, if I remember correctly! So they may have powered that object in question... Just some thoughts you had inspired Me to come up with. Thanx for this share! Later, Syx.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

What if we got it all wrong?
Sun worship has preoccupied my mind for some time. I suspect the sun being worshiped in your depictions is not our Solar Sun, or the Son of God.

It may be, the "Smoky God".

So if that is the case, we sure did, get it all wrong

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
originally posted by: Digital_Reality

Digital_Reality:
In my scenario, Moses and crew [Note: Whose peoples story begins way back in Sumer interesting enough] may have stolen/reclaimed something very valuable from the Egyptians which was stored in the sarcophagus in the Kings Chamber of the Great Pyramid. Which was later stored in the Ark. The Ark had to be handled very specifically with many precautions.

This is my understanding as well. The original device (containing uranium) came from UR originally and belonged to the Egyptians; then was stolen by Moses.

SLAYER69]: And....If Moses snagged a probe or satellite from a sarcophagus and put it in the ark that would explain why their hair fell out and they got sick around it. Maybe it was leaking radiation or something from the power source used in the device. Or maybe it was radiated from traveling in space??
It fits!

Whatever the 'power source' (if a device) was; it was highly radioactive. The Ark, or containment vessel was made of gold for a reason. I have to look see why Moses broke one of the 10 commandments to have this artifact; and why AFTER realizing he had committed a 'sin' did not return it to the Egyptians FORTHWITH. What was so valuable about it in the first place (radiation in tiny amounts animates the body) and so is another symbol of 'life force' other than blood?
edit on 16-4-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
We did get it wrong.

Just look at recent history. How many versions of Benghazi, 9/11, Iraqi war, the Cold War, are there?

History is written through the prism of the writer.

We base all of our past on one persons opinion.

Let's look at it this way. . . . . .

if the future was to look back on the early 21st century and only based it on the sole surviving writings of a wise scribe named beezzer, what kind of picture would that paint?

Scary, isn't it.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

If it was a satellite/camera/A.I, then that would probably explain why the Egyptians associated the Sun with the eye of Ra.

Maybe, it was a live-streaming bright camera and had a small microphone and speaker as well, so that when the decive/camera records them and then once they learned the language, they can communicate with them.

This is an interesting theory.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Great. Slayer has become David Childress.

Just kidding. Interesting read. Would make for a great sci-fi novel.

edit on 4/16/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
We did get it wrong.

Just look at recent history. How many versions of Benghazi, 9/11, Iraqi war, the Cold War, are there?
History is written through the prism of the writer.
We base all of our past on one persons opinion.

Let's look at it this way. . . . . .

if the future was to look back on the early 21st century and only based it on the sole surviving writings of a wise scribe named beezzer, what kind of picture would that paint?
Scary, isn't it.

YES and beezzer would part of the many names to have to try to discriminate as who that being is because there is so much information out there now (just in the last 10 years) would take 100 years to decipher it. Look at the 'selfies' to have to comb through; all the non consequential "tween posts 11-12 year olds"; the bastardization of language into a form of shorthand (a dumb down). Back to your question; indeed why the repetitive war mongering, it is not as if this has not been done for thousands of years. Whatever good results came of War are easily forgotten in generations that came after (bad parenting or failed history courses) and here we go again (just illuminate instead of eliminate the enemy). Elvis Presley will be known as "the King" in 200 years (replacing Jesus) and no one will know how that confusion came about.

edit on 17-4-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join