It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sooner or Later We All Must Completely Surrender to Reality

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TwoRavens

Did it occur to anyone that maybe ..just maybe..the words the psychiatric industry knows help most people would work great to trigger suicide in someone????

I am sorry to hear of your plight. Are you saying that you are a vet that has been subjected to deep hypnotic suggestions perhaps to silence you? Something to do with your previous work perhaps?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bb23108

However, for travelling quickly, it sure beats the subway!

hehe. But I note you avoided my complaint of your use of the word "seduced".

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
Last night she decided she would start her own thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 4/20/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

hehe. But I note you avoided my complaint of your use of the word "seduced".

The Goddess can be very seductive indeed!

Not sure what you are getting at. Elaborate, if you want to.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Last night she decided she would start her own thread here:

thanks

The Goddess can be very seductive indeed!

Not sure what you are getting at

Well its pretty obvious. You seem to despise the ego and yet allow it to be seduced.Or are you talking about your "higher-self" being seduced? I mean its self explanatory that a seduction can only be felt by the ego...

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Well its pretty obvious. You seem to despise the ego and yet allow it to be seduced.Or are you talking about your "higher-self" being seduced? I mean its self explanatory that a seduction can only be felt by the ego...

Oh I was using the word seduction to mean that the higher worlds can be very distracting because they can seem to not only support the ego-I illusion, but to glorify it! It is still separation from truth.

Again, note that I am equating the root of the ego-I as the activity of attention, not some actual separate entity inside the body-mind.

What is your definition of the ego?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

If one thinks that because perceptions are happening, that this is Reality, they are mistaking form for what is prior to form. What is apparently happening is form, which Consciousness or Reality is prior to but not separate from, and never defined or affected by.

Awareness/consciousness is like the tv screen - the screen has to be there before the moving image can appear - the moving light image moves across the screen, what appears on the screen is not made of anything other than the screen. The complete image on the screen does not create an actual thing that can be described/named/labelled, however, the image gets divided into apparent things.
No matter what happens on the tv screen in the movie - the screen is never defined or affected by it.

edit on 20-4-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain
Right, this is also how Ramana Maharshi would explain form and the formless (Self) and what I mentioned about this and him several pages ago.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Can you tell me what page so I can read it please? I have read a lot of this thread but must have missed it.
Thanks.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Not sure this link below will work. If not it is in response to artistpoet on bottom of page 2. Or just search for the word Ramana otherwise.

Linky

I can understand not reading all the posts - there have been some long ones, especially mine. I read everyone's of course, since it my thread.

I have always appreciated that analogy by Ramana Maharshi - you also explain it well.

Edit: The link does work.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Thank you.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Did it occur to anyone that maybe ..just maybe..the words the psychiatric industry knows help most people would work great to trigger suicide in someone????

I am sorry to hear of your plight. Are you saying that you are a vet that has been subjected to deep hypnotic suggestions perhaps to silence you? Something to do with your previous work perhaps?

I am saying it is entirely possible, yes. I am also saying that it is very difficult to know where to get help from when places I have gone to in the past have been the same ones who have been perpetuated the harm as well.
edit on 20-4-2015 by TwoRavens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
TwoRavens, did you consider what someone suggested to you about a support group with other vets? Have you tried that already?

Also, did you read what your posts inspired me to write after hearing of your situation? Any thoughts about this?

Regarding: bb23108 earlier post

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Oh I was using the word seduction to mean that the higher worlds can be very distracting because they can seem to not only support the ego-I illusion, but to glorify it! It is still separation from truth

Thanks, that clarifies your thinking...and again thank you for your great insights.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
How did we get to the theme of seduction? I thought the OP meant there's no escaping the events you experience...

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: QueenofWeird

How did we get to the theme of seduction?

Oh, the thread was slowing down so I thought using that word would spice it up a bit!

We were talking about higher experiences and how distracting they can become in terms of how great they can feel, etc. In some cases, they seduce the individual into thinking that this is the Truth! So the individual keeps trying to repeat that experience, until they see it is not truth.

Truth is not found through experiencing some spiritual lights, sounds, insights, blisses, anything like that. Truth is beyond all form, all experience, so it is not discovered by going exclusively inward. Nor is it discovered by going exclusively outward. Truth is beyond inner and outer - it is right where we stand, right here, right now, always.

originally posted by: QueenofWeird
I thought the OP meant there's no escaping the events you experience...

Not sure what you mean, but I think I might. No one can really escape the sheer fact that we, as body-minds, are all in a condition of relatedness, regardless of how we might try to feel independent and separate. We, as body-minds, are always dependent and connected to the environment.

Is that what you mean?

edit on 4/21/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Do you mean "Gnostic"? (a state of being in gnosis) knowing the hidden truths and not accepting false truths?

edit on 21-4-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing
That's something I can certainly relate to, vhb. Once I realized that the body-mind is always in a condition of dependent relatedness (connectedness), I had (and have) to relax my grip on and as an illusory sense of separation and independence, that the body-mind is patterned to create moment to moment out of fear of annihilation.

edit on 4/22/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Reality does have a way of humbling humanity. That's a constant.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
Reality does have a way of humbling humanity. That's a constant.

That is for sure! Every time I see one of those astronomy shows and then consider that this domain is just a fraction of the light spectrum in this dimension, it is like... well, it makes it obvious that, I don't know squat!

So I surrender to the reality that is present before us, and that reality graces me with as much love and energy and understanding as my body-mind can handle in any given moment - depending on the degree I avail myself.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join