It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man taken into custody after landing single-person aircraft on Capitol grounds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

It looks like he was hoping to bring attention to funding in capital hill. I wonder how much focus they will put on his message versus his actions.

The Tampa Bay Times reported the pilot is a mailman from Florida who planned the flight to protest the Supreme Court decision in Citizens' United case and the influence of outside money in politics. He told the Times that he wanted to deliver mail to lawmakers outlining his complaints.

The Tampa Bay Times reported the pilot is a mailman from Florida who planned the flight to protest the Supreme Court decision in Citizens' United case and the influence of outside money in politics. He told the Times that he wanted to deliver mail to lawmakers outlining his complaints.

edit on 00430America/ChicagoWed, 15 Apr 2015 18:00:58 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 01430America/ChicagoWed, 15 Apr 2015 18:01:27 -0500up3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Flying planes into this areas nowadays is a dangerous game.. This guy is lucky all that happened was that he was taken in custody.

Probably because they were "tipped off" this guy is still alive.. how convinient.

edit on 15/4/15 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Well the publicity this guy received will only give terrorists more ideas on how to attack the U.S.. Really, it's not too comforting to know that a single-person aircraft, knowing how loud they are, can fly over a bunch of tourists and not even get the attention of those who are supposed to protect our nation's capital.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I can only assume he watched James Miller a.k.a. Fan Man during the 90s.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Flying planes into this areas nowadays is a dangerous game.. This guy is lucky all that happened was that he was taken in custody.

Probably because they were "tipped off" this guy is still alive.. how convinient.

Yep, I'd say he's lucky too. He was smart enough to notify them of his actions before pulling the stunt, still crazy no doubt. I sure wouldn't have put much faith into them not shooting me down though. I like the postal marking on his gyro, nice touch.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Was a nice day here, probably a beautiful vista from up there as he flew past the Washington Monument with all the cherry trees in bloom.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Lucky for him that we don't have any capacity to track or protect the capital city after spending trillions of our tax dollars on Military Industrial Complex. Nor we can afford a decent security cam to examine such tapes to review after the fact.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This demonstrates the rot in Washington that has infected the protective services.

When you get rid of the real leaders, and replace them with brown-nose agenda whores, this is what you get.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: VimanaExplorer
Nor we can afford a decent security cam to examine such tapes to review after the fact.

There'll be plenty of pictures after a while, I think the guy also has/had his own pictures.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Better a Florida mailman doing this as a demonstration against the Citizens United judgement rather than a terrorist intent on murder and mayhem.

At least it's one more wake-up call to the security services that they're severely handicapped to small A/C and drones.
edit on 15/4/15 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Better a Florida mailman doing this as a demonstration against the Citizens United judgement rather than a terrorist intent on murder and mayhem.

At least it's one more wake-up call to the security services that they're severely handicapped to small A/C and drones.

I agree with that, but what I'm concerned is the media helping terrorists find holes in U.S. security. There are just some things that shouldn't be publicized which may help our enemies.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

The holes have been there for a long time.

When a man can hop a fence, run into the White House, and damn near get into the Presidential living quarters, there are serious holes.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Well the publicity this guy received will only give terrorists more ideas on how to attack the U.S.. Really, it's not too comforting to know that a single-person aircraft, knowing how loud they are, can fly over a bunch of tourists and not even get the attention of those who are supposed to protect our nation's capital.

Its always interesting to watch low tech beat high tech measures. Lets hope that China hasn't been putting back door in our DOD chips via subcontractors and contractors and we go to press the button and nothing happens.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Luckiest man alive. He flew a one man contraption through Washington, then onto the Capitol lawn, and wasn't shot out of the sky. But ya wanna bet that if he'd gone "x" number of yards more (ten? twenty? twenty-five?) he would have been hit by gunfire from multiple angles. That he landed where he landed saved his life.

HIs cause is a principled one. This tactic? Way foolish, but a one-time interesting success. This is one nobody should try to duplicate, it can only work once, and was foolhardy just on one side or the other of pure stupidity.
edit on 15-4-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
I can only assume he watched James Miller a.k.a. Fan Man during the 90s.

Or a Mathias Rust jr. USA style? haha

www.airspacemag.com...
edit on 15-4-2015 by C84K2 because: link

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
That is a pretty SCARY pentration even for an Autogyro had that thing been laden with explosives it would have been a real mess.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

...ya wanna bet that if he'd gone "x" number of yards more (ten? twenty? twenty-five?) he would have been hit by gunfire from multiple angles. That he landed where he landed saved his life.

You would like to think that would be true after the man ran inside the White House...especially true after that.

But it wasn't.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: C84K2

Much better comparison. My problem was I just can't remember the 80s.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

There are just some things that shouldn't be publicized which may help our enemies.

Its interesting how stuff like this get publicized , but non Defence type issues with corporations are discussed in private by our politicians and ignored by our media.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

FEAR FEAR FFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Chill, everyone needs to just chill and stop being scared of terrorist shadows
edit on 16-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join