It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunter poses with dead giraffe

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Not judging her.... But, sorta gunna judge her.

a reply to: BASSPLYR

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Iam sure if the villagers wanted to taste giraffe steak they could have giraffe steak on their own, mis Thang flew thousands of miles spent thousands of dollar to have a selfie with a dead giraffe, don't put this on some supposedly hungry villagers,one thing I am certain of is most people wanna throw-up in their mouths when they see bush meat on sale in some border town African market, there is even a thread here about an American female merc willing to put holes into poachers, well Iam sure he just wanna feed his fam by selling ivory.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: newWorldSamurai

This looks like the beginning of A Most Dangerous Game.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: ketsuko

Killing an animal that is clearly alive is different than the debate of when life is created.

So again, have nothing to do with each other, just clouding the issue.

This is soooooo typical of the pro-life (oxymoron) community. If this was a "hunter's" legislative bill that was being discussed, be sure that they would have sneaked in some anti abortion clause! LOL

On topic: I think what's so offensive about this particular scenario with the giraffe, that was already targeted as food for the tribe, was that this women seemed to have so much fun killing such a graceful and beautiful creature in a weakened state.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

What does abortion have to do with this?

Why cloud the topic with that...

Calling out Liberal hypocrites. The same people that are typically gonna cry and whine about this Giraffe are going to head over to the social issues forum and lose their mind on a pro-lifer.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

What does abortion have to do with this?

Why cloud the topic with that...

Calling out Liberal hypocrites. The same people that are typically gonna cry and whine about this Giraffe are going to head over to the social issues forum and lose their mind on a pro-lifer.

LOL Sounds legit! Hunter posts vanity picture of herself with a dead giraffe.....good reason to ban abortion!

edit on 16-4-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Ya so long answer short, nothing.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
So basically what some are saying is that it is the picture that is bothersome---not the fact that she killed the critter---only that she "looked happy" in the photo. Even though the whole story is presented in the link, it is the appearance that matters rather than the reality of the situation. You are mad because she is happy to have provided food and raw materials for the villagers. I guess appearances are more important than reality for some.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Perception IS reality in modern western culture. Society has become vapid, brain dead mass which mostly just regurgitates whatever crap famous people are saying.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Let's see how she fares now that the world is outraged with that American dentist that shot "Cecil" the lion.

This story has resurfaced, I hope she incurs the same level of wrath, and doesn't get an oh she is a woman pass.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Bob Parsons, CEO of godaddy, demonstrated how to do damage control.

1. Go hunting
2. Take pictures
3. Publish pictures
4. Wait for backlash from the silly 99%'ers
5. Release statement using phrases like "feeding the villagers", "it was an angry beast terrorizing the villagers", "it was sickly, and killing it made the herds stronger", "etc.

I think Bob used all 3 of 5.

But the most important thing to do, is just wait it out until all the little people forget about it or becomes focused on a sitcom or reality show. Maybe a week or two.

The important take away from this thread is that a lion or elephant or other rare big game hunts that pull in 50k $ each are all condoned by the overseeing government. Thats what a big game animal is worth to the African government, about 50k $ each.

The killer is just a rich sick idiot.

The crime is the hosting governments hunting cash cow.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Funny, last I checked I was also considered part of "the world," and here I sit... entirely unoutraged. Its always a hoot to see the ridiculous crap that rustles the jimmies of the multitudes while actual issues of importance are completely ignored. That's how we became an idiocracy, though...

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

the point is that instead of doing it themselves - the locals got her to pay them to let her kill it

so they got a girraffe AND cash

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley

We arent talking fish or deer here. We are talking about killing animals that wont exist on earth in short order.

Exactly and people would not or hardly know about them and pretty sure they will disappear without trophy hunters at some point.

Many people would be more than happy to completely forget about these animals and then one day they will all be gone and this is not due to hunting, although it can be when limitations or bans are not put on killing animals solely for their body parts to put in elixirs and potions.

Killing an animal that is clearly alive is different than the debate of when life is created.

So again, have nothing to do with each other, just clouding the issue.

Of course it is has relevancy or should not be an issue to be brought up.

If people are not breaking laws then it is their right to pursue these activities. Millions of animals all over the world are abused, die form hunger, killing etc. and hardly hear a peep about that and does this guy load up his "tweet" page with that? I doubt it.

I have never hunted or killed anything myself, nor do i fish.
edit on 30-7-2015 by Harvin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
There's only one white rhino left in the wild, although these are normally killed by the Chinese for tHeir horns which are seen as an aphrodisiac.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Ehh, poaching might be illegal, but in case you haven't noticed, many African countries are pretty lawless, corrupt places where bribery will see you safely past many legal barriers. It is why that, despite the best efforts of conservation groups and wildlife people, poaching continues to drive many species to extinction.

Seriously, if any of those anti-poaching laws were actually enforced, the white rhino wouldn't be joining the dinosaur and the dodo. These countries are very poor, are often embroiled in some sort of conflict, and the governments are corrupt as hell. The people struggle to survive on pennies a day. A situation which wealthy foreigners with big guns, substandard genitalia, and fat wallets are quick to exploit. Pay the right people, grease the right palms, and you can shoot and bag anything that moves. Hell, look at what is being proposed in Tanzania. (Or Kenya, not sure which). Some Chinese firm is buying up a bunch of land to create a private game reserve so the scumbag Arab royalty can go and hunt in their own private little open air abattoir. So long as you have money, no species is safe from the poach.

I am also calling bull# on this blond bimbo with a bow. The giraffe was old and sick, true. It is in this state, he would be picked off by predators, as is the natural order. In this natural order, the villagers ARE one of the giraffe's natural predators, as they have likely been hunting it and other game for survival for ages. So..... tell me why exactly the villagers themselves couldn't have taken down the giraffe themselves? They probably have even developed special methods passed on through the generations. The villagers were more than capable of hunting it and providing for themselves. A park ranger could have informed the villagers and helped them locate the animal and move the carcass to the village after the kill was complete. They don't need some foreigner coming in and shooting the animal for it's head/pelt/whatever.

To make matters worse, I see this as another potential inroad for poaching and hunting. How many foreign trophy seekers will start going in, claiming they are "feeding villages" or some other BS so they can get their heads? "oh, look, that one is old and sick, I'll shoot it, feed the villagers, haha." Get their heads under the guise of doing something noble.

Money talks, BS walks on the savannah as much as the city streets. Rich foreigners want animal heads for their walls, their pelts for the floor, ivory for their trinkets. Chinese quacks want their rhino horns, lion penis, zebra hoofs, whatever. Africans just want to eat. And the animals just want to survive and not be wiped off the earth for the pettiest of reasons.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley
Bob Parsons, CEO of godaddy, demonstrated how to do damage control.

1. Go hunting
2. Take pictures
3. Publish pictures
4. Wait for backlash from the silly 99%'ers
5. Release statement using phrases like "feeding the villagers", "it was an angry beast terrorizing the villagers", "it was sickly, and killing it made the herds stronger", "etc.

I think Bob used all 3 of 5.

But the most important thing to do, is just wait it out until all the little people forget about it or becomes focused on a sitcom or reality show. Maybe a week or two.

The important take away from this thread is that a lion or elephant or other rare big game hunts that pull in 50k $ each are all condoned by the overseeing government. Thats what a big game animal is worth to the African government, about 50k $ each.

The killer is just a rich sick idiot.

The crime is the hosting governments hunting cash cow.

In this case the Government wasn't involved matter of fact they are going after the locals that helped him, unlike Tanzania where the Govt actually facilitate rich gulf region deep pockets with hunting to the point of trying drive the Maasai off their traditional lands, whatever one may think of the Zimbabwe govt on human rights issues they are pretty robust with their wildlife, I wouldn't go messing with Kenya's wildlife rangers either they will put bullets into poachers both foreign and domestic.
edit on 30-7-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Sick woman.

Im sure if an advanced alien species started hunting us humans for either food or as a wall trophy we'd think they were pure evil. Even those that hunt for pleasure would view their species as that.

I suppose just because we are top of the food chain and we aren't faced with a higher intelligence, using advanced surveillance and weaponry hunting us, we are happy to be hypocrits in how we view and respect life.

Hell, we don't even respect our own kind.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
All the real issues going on and this sort of stuff is what's dominating the news

Wonder what horrible things the gov is up to that's not being reported on

People are so easily manipulated.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimisticCynic

I hope you arent suggesting that everybodies eyes and minds should only be focused on a narrow group of rated issues.

I feel this issue is paramount in its genre'.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join