It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunter poses with dead giraffe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: newWorldSamurai

Is it endangered? No. What business is it of anyone else's?

To me it's gotten absolutely crazy that many of these same people who will go batslap crazy over someone who hunts and takes pride in that skill and isn't ashamed of it because they cannot abide the perceived animal cruelty would applaud this same woman if she had chosen to murder her children in the womb.

what has abortion got to do with this? hunters are cowards. they make me sick.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This is nothing new. Big game hunters have been around since the beginning of time. Big game hunting is a sport.

Frederick Selous
Abel Chapman
Arthur Henry Neumann
Wild Bill Hickok
Theodore Roosevelt

Just to name a few....

High and mighty keyboard warriors have this view of what everybody should and shouldn't do with their lives even though it does not affect them. I'm sorry that image disturbed you because your sheltered but give us a break.

I could see if she was rounding them up in a pin and mass killing all the giraffes but that is not the case here.
The irony is the internet trolls who threaten to shoot her. That is murder but apparently that mental leap goes unchecked.

Can we please worry about things that really matter?
edit on 16-4-2015 by Digital_Reality because: Forgot Teddy...

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Is it endangered? No. What business is it of anyone else's?

To me it's gotten absolutely crazy that many of these same people who will go batslap crazy over someone who hunts and takes pride in that skill and isn't ashamed of it because they cannot abide the perceived animal cruelty would applaud this same woman if she had chosen to murder her children in the womb.

I neither like abortion nor do I like hunting for "fun".

So there goes your generalizations.

Killing for the sake of killing is messed up.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Its the ole Straw man. That is the way most people debate nowadays since their IQ is lacking. Its really all they have in their bag. Its pathetic.

Straw Man

The straw man fallacy occurs in the following pattern of argument:

Person 1 asserts proposition X.
Person 2 argues against a false but superficially similar proposition Y, as if that were an argument against X.
This reasoning is a fallacy of relevance: it fails to address the proposition in question by misrepresenting the opposing position.

For example:

Quoting an opponent's words out of context—i.e., choosing quotations that misrepresent the opponent's actual intentions (see fallacy of quoting out of context).[3]
Presenting someone who defends a position poorly as the defender, then denying that person's arguments—thus giving the appearance that every upholder of that position (and thus the position itself) has been defeated.[2]
Inventing a fictitious persona with actions or beliefs which are then criticized, implying that the person represents a group of whom the speaker is critical.
Oversimplifying an opponent's argument, then attacking this oversimplified version.

edit on 16-4-2015 by Digital_Reality because: Removed "tool" as to not hurt feelings.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Digital_Reality

Its the ole Straw man. That is the way most people debate nowadays since their IQ is lacking. Its really all they have in their bag. Its pathetic

What Straw Man ... He was merely expressing his feelings on the subject

Edit to add ... Or were you referring to a previous poster ?
edit on 16-4-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

Its the ole Straw man. That is the way most people debate nowadays since their IQ is lacking. Its really all they have in their bag. Its pathetic

What Straw Man ... He was merely expressing his feelings on the subject

Edit to add ... Or were you referring to a previous poster ?

The post RoScoLaz4 was referring to. Not him directly. Tossing in abortion to somehow use that as a Straw Man. I am agreeing with RoScoLaz4 about that part.

Trying to debate about big game hunting with the topic of abortion is lame.

Clear?

edit on 16-4-2015 by Digital_Reality because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Yes clear now ... apologies to you ...
Yes I agree abortion is a completely different subject to this one

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This just reinforces Dennis Leary's point that people only care about the cute animals.

This old and weak giraffe was taken humanely in the wild and fed to some villagers, people bitch about it.

Millions of cows, pigs, and chickens are stuck in filthy pens where they can barely move and are slaughtered everyday in whatever method is most cost-effective but the same people bitching will partake in the delicious meat from those animals this very night.

NSFW language

edit on 4/16/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Killed the giraffe to give it as food to locals and then take selfies with the dead animal/ Seems legit.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Agreed. At first I was sickened and saddened by this, but at least the animal is not suffering any more and it was put to good use.

People need to stop jumping to conclusions and just ask simple questions.

Now I am wondering what Giraffe tastes like..

a reply to: defcon5

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hey, she killed a giraffe for a good reason, why wouldn't she take a picture? She my never get that chance again.

a reply to: Frocharocha

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Shock horror another weapon crazy yank who would have thought!

Take her weapons from her an drive here to the middle of the savannah and lets see how long it takes for a Lion,Leopard etc to get her, if she feels threatened she could use her kids as a distraction, I bet some TV network in the USA could run that as a game show

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I once watched a film of a pack of Wolves hunting down a Buffalo ... It took ages to finally kill the Buffalo ... It gave such a fight
... The wolves hunted as a pack ... a team ... led by an older wolf ... It was an exhausting hunt ... and when they finally killed the unfortunate Buffalo ... the wolves tore into it's carcass enjoying the flesh ... however the old wolf walked away and sat upon a hill without eating ...

I watched another film of Lion pride ... the adult was teaching the cubs how to hunt ... It caught a young boar and carried it in it's jaws over to the young cubs ... then let it go ... it ran safely back to the boar pack ... The Lion did not kill it because it and the cubs were not hungry ... These are examples of hunters I admire ... Most all animals never kill for fun or sport

What I find distasteful is the government charging a lot of money for licences to kill to provide food for the villagers
As has been said the natives are more than capable of hunting ... This girl is just a thrill seeker and how easy is it to shoot an old Giraffe dead ... I do not believe she did it for the sake of the natives but for her own self publicity and ego
edit on 16-4-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

edit on 16-4-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

There's definitely worse atrocities in the world. This one just didn't sit right with me. Not bashing on hunters, she just seemed a little too blase about about the whole thing.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

That's a beautiful kill. I'm also impressed that she used a bow. Regulations in Africa stipulate a minimum 95lb draw weight for giraffe, meaning that gal's draw kicks the ass of 95% of the bow hunters in North America (male and female). Good form for her and an experience she will always treasure!

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
SO let me get this straight. This woman other than being a crappy hunter with zero respect for the animals she kills was a mother of 8 by the time she was 26. And, a multiple grandmother by the age of 41. Not judging her.... But, sorta gunna judge her. Wonder what that household was/is like. Theme from the movie Deliverence probably plays in the background nonstop there. .
edit on 16-4-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
it happens everyday, but if a young blonde girl does it, its outageous.
thanks to ricky gervais, a fat little man who thinks the sun shines out his butt.

ok i think he's quite funny, but he should stop trying to be a twitter hero.

edit:did you know giraffes cant eat off the floor because their heads explode from the blood presure from their long necks.
edit on 16-4-2015 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Very true. She didn't HAVE to take pictures with the dead animal. But then we wouldn't have this great thread to participate in and we wouldn't be bothered or affected by this at all.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
What the heck does her personal life as a mother have to do with anything? Why are you going to judge her for being a mother of 8 by the age of 26? And I repeat, what does that have to do with anything???

a reply to: BASSPLYR

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

I said I'm not judging her.

I'm pro gun and pro hunting. Wild game does taste great. I just don't see why one has to take a bunch of selfies and smug pictures afterwards. Sorta disrespectful to the animal. However, I don't feel that taking the hide home and stuffing it or putting the antlers on the wall is disrespectful. Neither is using whatever you can from the animal carcass to make textiles. I just think gloating over the kill of something that wasn't directly aggressive to you is disrespectful. Kill it fine, especially if its a sick and struggling animal. But, as a hunter you need to respect what you kill. Hell I don't even gloat over the people I've beaten in a street fight that attacked me first. It's just sorta immature.

but damn 8 kids by the age of 26, in this modern age, didn't leave much time in her life for personal development.
edit on 16-4-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join