It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama removes Cuba from list of state sponsors of terrorism....never thought I would see this...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I didn't see any Cubans on the list of 9/11 terrorists.

I did see a lot of guys from Saudi Arabia though...

Yes, but Cuba didn't supply us with oil or prop up our petrodollar. Countries on the US terror list are not economically viable for us, therefore they remain on the list. It has nothing to do with true terrorism.

I don't think you got my sarcasm...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

yea why isn't saudi arabi on that list?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Yes, but Cuba didn't supply us with oil or prop up our petrodollar. Countries on the US terror list are not economically viable for us, therefore they remain on the list. It has nothing to do with true terrorism.

I don't think you got my sarcasm...

I got it. My reply reeks of sarcasm also, although there is probably a hint of truth too.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Haha, American tourists are about to ruin Cuba for the Canadians who have been going there for years.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Calob

yea why isn't saudi arabi on that list?

One word

Oil

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Boy oh boy...that little three-letter-word is worse IMO than ALL the four-letter words combined!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Excuse me Vasa, but if I recall correctly, the US had Jupiter ballistic missiles pointed out to URSS long before the Cuban Missiles Crises.

These lovely missiles were placed on Italy and Turkey, in this last case right very close to URSS border.

So what's exactly your point? How come Soviets pointing nuclear missiles to the US after US doing exactly the same before is less horrible?

Cheers,

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Does this mean we can buy Cuban Cigars now?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Irony Update:

Yesterday, President Barack Obama announced that the United States would be removing Cuba from the U.S. State Sponsors of Terror list as part of his push to normalize relations with the communist dictatorship. But just hours later, a terror group long fostered by Cuba — even today, the Castro brothers are harboring several wanted members of the group — murdered 10 Colombian soldiers and wounded 17 others in a terror attack on a military base.

Day After Obama Removes Cuba from Terror Sponsor List, Terror Group Sponsored by Cuba Kills 10

Dohhh !!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Figures, you would be doing the one liner of ridicule on this thread.

This is the right action. Obama can do good, and this gives some us hope that we can make the world a better place.
edit on 15-4-2015 by jrod because: a

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Figures, you would be doing the one liner of ridicule on this thread.

This is the right action. Obama can do good, and this gives some us hope that we can make the world a better place.

I agree.

As long as nobody gets killed or their rights get trampled on.

Oh and let's not forget about honesty and wholesome diplomacy.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

You cited a right wing opinion site, and trying to claim it as fact. Just a grasping at straws you are.

This 'terror' group sponsored by Cuba is a fictional one, i.e. a strawman.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

This 'terror' group sponsored by Cuba is a fictional one

Well, actually, some of us call them Democrats. Though I'm not entirely sure where they get their money, since they claim that money is evil and people who have it have too much influence in politics.

I kind of agree with that but just having money doesn't make you a capitalist in the sense that you actually love capitalism.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

No, but to this day it is known that Cuba does...

N Korean ship seized with Cuban weapons returns to Cuba

15 February 2014
From the section Latin America & Caribbean

The North Korean ship seized with undeclared Cuban weapons on board is returning to Cuba, says the Panamanian government.

The Panama Canal Authority recently said the ship could leave, after Pyongyang paid a nearly $700,000 (£425,000) fine.

The ship was seized seven months ago with Soviet-era weapons and fighter jets hidden under sacks of sugar.

Three members of the crew stayed behind to face arms trafficking charges.

The captain, the first officer and the political officer of the Chong Chon Gang face sentences of up to 12 years.

The other 32 crew members were released without charge.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

A better place?... The arrogance of some people is staggering.

Raul castro himself stated that the U.S., or any other country cannot meddle with Cuba's internal affairs.

Politics | Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:32pm EST
Related: World, Politics, Cuba
Raul Castro warns U.S. against meddling in Cuba's affairs

SAN JOSE | By Enrique Pretel

(Reuters) - Cuba will not accept any interference from the United States, President Raul Castro said on Wednesday, warning that meddling in its internal affairs would make rapprochement between the two countries "meaningless."

His comments came after U.S. Assistant Secretary of State Roberta Jacobson, the highest-ranking U.S. government official to visit the island in nearly 40 years, last week met with dissidents a day after talks with Cuban government officials.

"Everything appears to indicate that the aim is to foment an artificial political opposition via economic, political and communicational means," Castro told a summit in Costa Rica.

www.reuters.com...

Obviously you also missed the speech made by castro's own son, the next generation of communist to rule over Cuba, which was made from Spain in Spanish in which he assured that things will continue to happen in Cuba as they had in the past.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
You start # with Russia, you have to shut the Cuban angle down. Simple # really.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat

Typically Cuban cigars are average at best. Some are rated high as long as you are willing to pay 35 bucks a cigar, but from a serious cigar smoker, I'm not really impressed with most Cubans I smoke compared to my list of favorites.

edit on 17-4-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: bullcat

Typically Cuban cigars are average at best. Some are rated high as long as you are willing to pay 35 bucks a cigar, but from a serious cigar smoker, I'm not really impressed with most Cubans I smoke compared to my list of favorites.

What we need is a good five cent cigar.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
Obviously you also missed the speech made by castro's own son, the next generation of communist to rule over Cuba, which was made from Spain in Spanish in which he assured that things will continue to happen in Cuba as they had in the past.

I think the Cuban/North Korea connection will become old news and if Cuba is given a chance they will never deal with that crappy country again...

There is 100 times more money to be made off the US than some poor country like Korea.

edit on 17-4-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

What we need is a good five cent cigar.

5 dollars is good... hehe I like good cigars and 5 dollars will get you a good cigar....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join